ADVERTISEMENT

Biden fear mongering Covid hoax No. 2

Your last paragraph--

If the Americans can learn anything from Germans is that compromise and perspective is a good thing, that 'the other side' is not the enemy, and that one side does not have a monopoly on good ideas.

There. Right there you've done something incredible- you've driven nail home flush to the board- whilst simultaneously missing it completely.
"How's it possible to drive a nail in without actually hitting it?"--- THAT is an interesting feat.
We SHOULD learn to compromise. But-- one side feels as though it can't compromise. Not that they wouldn't-- just that they can't.
You can't negotiate with a Tiger when your head is in its mouth <--- Winston Churchill (but you knew this)
You have an "active" side of the political isle (the left) and you have a "reactive" side (the right).
The reactive side would do little to nothing about politics were it not for them being spurned to do so by the "active" side.
Don't believe me?

Who wants to change things more in this country? The left or the right?
The right wants to be left the fvck alone.
"Leave me alone. Stay out of my house. Stay off my lawn. Stay away from my kids. Leave my SUV alone. Let me eat my steak. Let me have my guns(responsibly). Let me talk to Jesus. I'll pay my taxes and leave you alone, just leave me alone."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is the overwhelming majority of the people that call themselves conservatives.

And if they'd been left the fvck alone, they wouldn't have RE-acted.

But now, slowly, throw taxes, laws, elections, protests, government regulations, media pressures, social media doxxing, and general assholiness- people have managed to upset their apple cart.
My guns have never hurt anyone. They can't sprout legs and run off and shoot people. So leave me out of the debate. You can't regulate me. I've done nothing wrong. Yet, here they come. (Or try)
We are a nation of laws. Entry into this nation requires adhering to those laws. But some administrations look the other way. And the drugs and poor people and government aid keep going up and up. And, here they come for more of MY money in the form of taxes.
We spent 20 years pouring trillions into 2 wars that cost us blood and treasure. We learned our lesson. Yet, here we go spending billions more on a border dispute to protect another nation's border, and we can't protect our own.
I'm being told I'm taking away the rights of LGBTQ ppl when 30 years ago, Clinton wouldn't let them get married. But they're coming after me because...... apparently I've wronged them somehow.
They want me to pay more taxes on my gas and oil, eat less meat and stop drinking from straws because.... China sure as heck isn't listening to them?
They demanded I stick something in my body that had a 50/50 chance of working, then tried to get my company canceled when I told them to fvck off.
Compromise indeed.

Yes--- Americans should learn to compromise. Butbin order to do so, you must have 2 parties that agree that good ideas can come from BOTH sides.
Right now we only have 1 side that is coming up with new ideas. And they THINK their ideas are best....... and everyone else's ideas are sh!t.
You can guess which side....
It's both sides, not just one side failing at compromise. You are just a microcosm of the bigger issue that most feel the same way you do - that "right now we only have 1 side with new ideas" or "they (the other side) think their ideas are best". ya, both sides think that sentiment of eachother.

they show it time and again. And then it's more whataboutism. Seen that movie tons of times, that's why we are having the same arguments for the last 30 years. i went and watched some rants by Rs and Ds from the 90s and it sounds all the same, the same general grievances each side has with each other ideologically. they seem to want you having the same arguments ad nauseam, predictably taking the same sides, with the same reworded talking points

You take the bait, you are anti 'the other side' so completely, and i dont mean that as an insult but to display where politics is now. so many people feel that same way on either side. I feel being pragmatic and moderate is the most safe place, but so many people see that as another side of the enemy. their safe place is on the fringe of their ideology, as a response to the other side is to lean even further into it. have you noticed? it's troubling. and it's the opposite of problem solving. it's more like they are trying to eliminate vs negotiate.

We are, all of us, being played.

Last edited:
Yes--- we are being played. We are being pitted against each other in order to take the focus of the failed system that has governed us for the last 80 years. We reached our zenith as a democracy right after WWII. Since then, it has been a slow downward spiral. A spiral brought on by corruption, greed, power, hubris and blind ambition.
But I must reiterate--- we have gone SO far down this hole, we will be unable to vote ourselves out of it. Heels are firmly entrenched. There is not going to be a compromise.
Look back in history--- right now at this very moment, we as American citizens have 2 options.

1. Bloody or peaceful National Divorce. I'm not sure what a peaceful national divorce looks like--- but I would advocate for one over a bloody national divorce.

2. July 14, 1789. Right now @freeper is already waving his hands at the back of the classroom ready to tell us all EXACTLY what happened on that date in history, That was Bastille Day in France. The day the French people decided they were done with an oppressive ruling class. (I am on board with option 2)

There are 2 outcomes in any conflict.
Eliminate the perceived threat.
Be eliminated by the perceived threat.

In this instance though, there "could" be a 3rd option. Join forces and eliminate the over-arching threat.
Unfortunately, most Americans have neither the stomach nor the will to do this. So in reality what will happen? A small group of about 1500 people will continue to tighten the screws on your life until they have you completely in their indentured servitude.
You'll smile and be thankful for the crumbs they've allowed you to collect from beneath their feet. You'll give them all your money and live off their good will. You'll bow and you'll scrape for so long that your children, and their children won't know the difference between slavery and freedom.
And people are ok with that-- and it's sad.

Reactions: freeper
and that’s where the middle lives. And I dare say that most Americans aren’t being played. The meaning of being played is to be misled, deceived, or manipulated for someone else's needs, ends, or benefits. It’s my opinion most Americans know exactly what’s going on to a certain extent, both the left and the right. It’s not that hard to see things for what they actually are. Those that don’t know either choose not to because they don’t want to be involved in political discourse or head in the sand. Out of site out of mind. I mean no disrespect to anyone in the middle because everyone chooses their own path in life. However, it’s my opinion that those in the middle may lack the fortitude to stand up and do what’s necessary. Everyone will have their place in history, by choice. Even by not choosing is making a choice. There’s no escaping it.

and that’s where the middle lives. And I dare say that most Americans aren’t being played. The meaning of being played is to be misled, deceived, or manipulated for someone else's needs, ends, or benefits. It’s my opinion most Americans know exactly what’s going on to a certain extent, both the left and the right. It’s not that hard to see things for what they actually are. Those that don’t know either choose not to because they don’t want to be involved in political discourse or head in the sand. Out of site out of mind. I mean no disrespect to anyone in the middle because everyone chooses their own path in life. However, it’s my opinion that those in the middle may lack the fortitude to stand up and do what’s necessary. Everyone will have their place in history, by choice. Even by not choosing is making a choice. There’s no escaping it.
People in the middle, normal regular every day folks, who arent political junkies, who dont live on the fringe wild end of politics do not see that there is any "need for standing up to do what's necessary."

Only people on the far left and far right see that the country is being torn asunder. They are the only ones who want/gearing up for/believe there willbe/shouldbe a civil war. If that's what you are seeing in your echo chamber, you might be one of them. I say, get out while you still can.

Yes--- we are being played. We are being pitted against each other in order to take the focus of the failed system that has governed us for the last 80 years. We reached our zenith as a democracy right after WWII. Since then, it has been a slow downward spiral. A spiral brought on by corruption, greed, power, hubris and blind ambition.
But I must reiterate--- we have gone SO far down this hole, we will be unable to vote ourselves out of it. Heels are firmly entrenched. There is not going to be a compromise.
Look back in history--- right now at this very moment, we as American citizens have 2 options.

1. Bloody or peaceful National Divorce. I'm not sure what a peaceful national divorce looks like--- but I would advocate for one over a bloody national divorce.

2. July 14, 1789. Right now @freeper is already waving his hands at the back of the classroom ready to tell us all EXACTLY what happened on that date in history, That was Bastille Day in France. The day the French people decided they were done with an oppressive ruling class. (I am on board with option 2)

There are 2 outcomes in any conflict.
Eliminate the perceived threat.
Be eliminated by the perceived threat.

In this instance though, there "could" be a 3rd option. Join forces and eliminate the over-arching threat.
Unfortunately, most Americans have neither the stomach nor the will to do this. So in reality what will happen? A small group of about 1500 people will continue to tighten the screws on your life until they have you completely in their indentured servitude.
You'll smile and be thankful for the crumbs they've allowed you to collect from beneath their feet. You'll give them all your money and live off their good will. You'll bow and you'll scrape for so long that your children, and their children won't know the difference between slavery and freedom.
And people are ok with that-- and it's sad.
Only the fringe elements not to be taken seriously want a, or believe there will be a "bloody or peaceful national divorce".

Maybe Get out more out of your bubble and talk to more normal folks. Go a few days without thinking about politics, see how real life tastes and feels.

Look at the polls.
I dont watch enough tv news to know which polls I am supposed to believe or dismiss.

I also dont take the opinions of someone who believes this way seriously. Like if someone voted yes in a poll saying 'civil war is coming', I wouldnt take that person seriously anyway. so i certainly wouldnt take the results seriously considering the kind of person who would say yes to that is what I would believe to be an extremist political thinker.

The polls will tell you that the country is extremely polarized. Last election had the most voters ever. It does not appear there is much of a "middle" left. What you call "fringe" on the left burned cities in the summer of '21 - there appeared to be hundreds of thousands, if not millions. The "fringe" on the right, which is virtually every conservative, believes that the "right of the people to keep and bear shall not be infringed" means exactly what it says - and most on the left (I would guess you too, but don't know for sure) would label this view as "fringe."

Only the fringe elements not to be taken seriously want a, or believe there will be a "bloody or peaceful national divorce".

Maybe Get out more out of your bubble and talk to more normal folks. Go a few days without thinking about politics, see how real life tastes and feels.
It's hard to not be exposed to politics given my line of work.
But let me ask you this. Surely you have a firm grasp of history from your native home--
Do you think the German citizens that DIDN'T agree with the direction Germany was headed- did they see the writing on the wall after the Reichstagsbrand?
Or did they try and stay in the "middle" and not be concerned?
What about Nacht der langen Messer?
Did the people in the "middle" of the German political spectrum fight against the coming storm?
Would the world be a better or worse place now if those people in the "middle" rose up against what was becoming a very oppressive regime?
A regime that began by usurping the rights of a significant portion of their population?
Did those people in the middle just turn a blind eye? Go along to get along? Not get involved?

Reactions: hookem777
So there I was....minding my own bidness....fat, dumb and happy....and then @clob94 drops this history lesson that makes me have to contribute. One historian I listen to a lot is Victor Davis Hanson. We are near enough in age and background that much of what he observes I can relate to from experience and a personal perspective. Professor Hanson has said repeatedly that today's Democratic party is in thrall to their Jacobin wing. Eventually this will demand a Thermidorian Reaction, which is what @clob94 has been saying for a long time. For those of you who are historically challenged, this is a reference to the French Revolution. What our Toker friend is missing is historical perspective. The prospective future that some here refer to is entirely possible given human nature and our own history.

I know at Lockheed we are talking about rolling furloughs on employees starting January 2024...doesn't sound great and hoping it doesnt happen. This world is going to shyt and i started going to school ( Lockheed's money) to learn Cyber Defense and Coding.

The polls will tell you that the country is extremely polarized. Last election had the most voters ever. It does not appear there is much of a "middle" left. What you call "fringe" on the left burned cities in the summer of '21 - there appeared to be hundreds of thousands, if not millions. The "fringe" on the right, which is virtually every conservative, believes that the "right of the people to keep and bear shall not be infringed" means exactly what it says - and most on the left (I would guess you too, but don't know for sure) would label this view as "fringe."
When have polls said otherwise? of course it's polarized, because most people feel that they have to be on one side or the other. because compromise and moderation are long gone. but we are also having some of the same arguments we had back in the 90s. it's not getting worse, it's a further recycling of the same sh8t except now everyone in the world has a camera in their pocket. so now we are seeing it

Polarity is not the same as 'a civil war is coming'. Thats kids talk.

People who subscribe to the bill of rights are not fringe. jesus f7ciking christ man. no virtually every conservative is not a fringe nut. not even close. what the hell

I am not on the left. i have repeatedly said i am a moderate, but more to the point i am a centrist. centrist is what it sounds like, i am pretty much in the middle and moderate means i reject extremism and the fringe element of both parties.

It's hard to not be exposed to politics given my line of work.
But let me ask you this. Surely you have a firm grasp of history from your native home--
Do you think the German citizens that DIDN'T agree with the direction Germany was headed- did they see the writing on the wall after the Reichstagsbrand?
Or did they try and stay in the "middle" and not be concerned?
What about Nacht der langen Messer?
Did the people in the "middle" of the German political spectrum fight against the coming storm?
Would the world be a better or worse place now if those people in the "middle" rose up against what was becoming a very oppressive regime?
A regime that began by usurping the rights of a significant portion of their population?
Did those people in the middle just turn a blind eye? Go along to get along? Not get involved?
I find it easy to avoid politics. Just getting off the internet does it for me. If i didnt get on the internet to be told how bad things are, i wouldnt know any better. Apparently living in a small podunk town insulates me from the fighting, riots, terrorist attacks, and roving street gangs. I certainly wouldnt know that drag queens, and transgenders are utterly destroying America.

I dont know but it sounds like you watch a lot of tv news.

When have polls said otherwise? of course it's polarized, because most people feel that they have to be on one side or the other. because compromise and moderation are long gone.

Polarity is not the same as 'a civil war is coming'. Thats kids talk.

People who subscribe to the bill of rights are not fringe. jesus f7ciking christ man. no virtually every conservative is not a fringe nut. not even close. what the hell

I am not on the left. i have repeatedly said i am a moderate, but more to the point i am a centrist. centrist is what it sounds like, i am pretty much in the middle and moderate means i reject extremism and the fringe element of both parties.
I'm not speaking on behalf of @diadevic -- but what I THINK he is trying to tell you is this---

Even people that are considered "moderate right" or maybe "Reagan Republicans", are being TREATED as though they are far right---- BY the people on the left.
In other words, if you aren't pro-abortion- anti-gun, pro-legalizing drugs, pro-government intrusion into your child's education, pro-BLM and "equity", and if you think the jury is still out on global warming--- then you're a "radical right MAGA fascist".

At least, that's how it feels for most.
I'm all for legalizing weed and I don't even smoke weed. Legalize it, tax the sh!t out of it, pay for Healthcare for kids.
But because I think some of the data about global warming has been manipulated and seems pretty fvcking suspect-- or because I chose not to be vaccinated and think most masks don't really work for sh!t..... I too am labeled a radical.

And you can't negotiate with people that believe anyone even slightly more conservative than them is a radical.

There's fvcking nutjobs I've met in Oregon and Seattle that think MSNBC is a radical conservative news organization. Can you imagine that?
And when I get shouted down, constantly, and told I'm a "radical conservative", my NATURE is to think "mother fvcker..... you want to SEE me be radical? I'll show you what a fvcking radical looks like."

But I don't. At least............ not yet.

I find it easy to avoid politics. Just getting off the internet does it for me. If i didnt get on the internet to be told how bad things are, i wouldnt know any better. Apparently living in a small podunk town insulates me from the fighting, riots, terrorist attacks, and roving street gangs. I certainly wouldnt know that drag queens, and transgenders are utterly destroying America.

I dont know but it sounds like you watch a lot of tv news.
I live in a big city. I used to live in Gruene--- my little German bubble. I drank wassel every Christmas and ate bratwurst every fall and drank Ayinger and Augustiner year round.

Then I moved to San Antonio. And hyper liberal policies and progressive-ism is shoved right down your throat. I keep office in Austin. I see drag queens EVERY TIME I go to Austin. And honestly, I don't give a sh!t about drag queens. My better half is best friends with 2 of them and I've been to their shows a few times. Fvcking hilarious shows.
But there's only adults allowed. Just like strip clubs. Only adult allowed.

People in the middle, normal regular every day folks, who arent political junkies, who dont live on the fringe wild end of politics do not see that there is any "need for standing up to do what's necessary."

Only people on the far left and far right see that the country is being torn asunder. They are the only ones who want/gearing up for/believe there willbe/shouldbe a civil war. If that's what you are seeing in your echo chamber, you might be one of them. I say, get out while you still can.
I didn’t say anything wildly fringe. Speaking/standing up for and defending one’s values isn’t fringe. The values I have aren’t fringe, they’re given to me by God and the constitution. Anyone with common sense realizes that, it’s not an echo chamber. The sh!t that is happening now isn’t common (allowing the border crisis to continue, allowing someone other than me speak to my children about sexual orientation, allowing biological males compete as females, on and on etc etc etc) nor is it sensible. My agenda is to live how the founding fathers intended with the creation of the constitution.

I stand by my earlier post. Anyone looking for a reason NOT to vote biden (worst president history, second at best) can’t be reasoned with. You have to know at a minimum that he doesnt have the mental faculty to be the current president, much less another term no matter who the options are. Left or right.

I'm not speaking on behalf of @diadevic -- but what I THINK he is trying to tell you is this---

Even people that are considered "moderate right" or maybe "Reagan Republicans", are being TREATED as though they are far right---- BY the people on the left.
In other words, if you aren't pro-abortion- anti-gun, pro-legalizing drugs, pro-government intrusion into your child's education, pro-BLM and "equity", and if you think the jury is still out on global warming--- then you're a "radical right MAGA fascist".

At least, that's how it feels for most.
I'm all for legalizing weed and I don't even smoke weed. Legalize it, tax the sh!t out of it, pay for Healthcare for kids.
But because I think some of the data about global warming has been manipulated and seems pretty fvcking suspect-- or because I chose not to be vaccinated and think most masks don't really work for sh!t..... I too am labeled a radical.

And you can't negotiate with people that believe anyone even slightly more conservative than them is a radical.

There's fvcking nutjobs I've met in Oregon and Seattle that think MSNBC is a radical conservative news organization. Can you imagine that?
And when I get shouted down, constantly, and told I'm a "radical conservative", my NATURE is to think "mother fvcker..... you want to SEE me be radical? I'll show you what a fvcking radical looks like."

But I don't. At least............ not yet.
It's the internet, the internet doesnt matter, it's not real.

People say things online they would never say in real life. Also, other people's opinions are irrelevant to how you live your life. There will always be people who disagree with you and your philosophy and your way of life.

It's just that now with all this technology and social media, they all have a voice and for the first time you are hearing more of it. But they've always existed.

So if someone says " if you aren't pro-abortion- anti-gun, pro-legalizing drugs, pro-government intrusion into your child's education, pro-BLM and "equity", and if you think the jury is still out on global warming--- then you're a "radical right MAGA fascist". " ---If someone says that to me, I dont take them seriously and i move on with my day. If you look for a fight you'll always find one.

You should too. They dont matter. the fact that they bother you.. well you are just giving them what you want- your anger. If you cant negotiate with radicals, do what i do, ignore them and live your life. if it angers you, stay off the internet for a while, come back to being 'you' again.

I didn’t say anything wildly fringe. Speaking/standing up for and defending one’s values isn’t fringe. The values I have aren’t fringe, they’re given to me by God and the constitution. Anyone with common sense realizes that, it’s not an echo chamber. The sh!t that is happening now isn’t common (allowing the border crisis to continue, allowing someone other than me speak to my children about sexual orientation, allowing biological males compete as females, on and on etc etc etc) nor is it sensible. My agenda is to live how the founding fathers intended with the creation of the constitution.

I stand by my earlier post. Anyone looking for a reason NOT to vote biden (worst president history, second at best) can’t be reasoned with. You have to know at a minimum that he doesnt have the mental faculty to be the current president, much less another term no matter who the options are. Left or right.
That's one of the primary issues- that people with a fringe ideology rarely ever realize it, they are convinced they are normal, and that it's other people "who disagree with me" are the enemy and nothing will change that. They get confirmation bias from fox, or newsmax, or cnn or msnbc telling them that indeed the way you feel is the right way. If that's how you live, i say get out now while you still can. Before your blood pressure gives you a stroke

Oh, i am sure he's lost many mental faculties. there are people i would still rather not see in power, and if he is my only ohther choice, I may hve to make it. if the Rs can nominate someone other than trunp, they could win a lot of independents like me over. They could very well win the election, but i will under no circumstance vote for him. I will under no circumstance vote for biden unless of cousre he's running against trunp. I will under no circumstance vote for harris, unless she's running against trunp.

But none of that really matters, I'm probably voting for RFK.

I live in a big city. I used to live in Gruene--- my little German bubble. I drank wassel every Christmas and ate bratwurst every fall and drank Ayinger and Augustiner year round.

Then I moved to San Antonio. And hyper liberal policies and progressive-ism is shoved right down your throat. I keep office in Austin. I see drag queens EVERY TIME I go to Austin. And honestly, I don't give a sh!t about drag queens. My better half is best friends with 2 of them and I've been to their shows a few times. Fvcking hilarious shows.
But there's only adults allowed. Just like strip clubs. Only adult allowed.
Sounds like it sucks for you.

Also, Augustiner is the best beer in the world.

Sounds like it sucks for you.

Also, Augustiner is the best beer in the world.
I love Augustiner. However, I'm sure there are some Belgians that would disagree with your sentiments. And I must admit, some of the Belgian trappists are especially good beers.
Westmalle
Achel
Westvleteren

To name a few.

That's one of the primary issues- that people with a fringe ideology rarely ever realize it, they are convinced they are normal, and that it's other people "who disagree with me" are the enemy and nothing will change that. They get confirmation bias from fox, or newsmax, or cnn or msnbc telling them that indeed the way you feel is the right way. If that's how you live, i say get out now while you still can. Before your blood pressure gives you a stroke

Oh, i am sure he's lost many mental faculties. there are people i would still rather not see in power, and if he is my only ohther choice, I may hve to make it. if the Rs can nominate someone other than trunp, they could win a lot of independents like me over. They could very well win the election, but i will under no circumstance vote for him. I will under no circumstance vote for biden unless of cousre he's running against trunp. I will under no circumstance vote for harris, unless she's running against trunp.

But none of that really matters, I'm probably voting for RFK.
My BP is perfect lol I rarely watch news. Because we already know what we’re going to get.

Augustiner isn’t bad, Bitburger all day long.

So there I was....minding my own bidness....fat, dumb and happy....and then @clob94 drops this history lesson that makes me have to contribute. One historian I listen to a lot is Victor Davis Hanson. We are near enough in age and background that much of what he observes I can relate to from experience and a personal perspective. Professor Hanson has said repeatedly that today's Democratic party is in thrall to their Jacobin wing. Eventually this will demand a Thermidorian Reaction, which is what @clob94 has been saying for a long time. For those of you who are historically challenged, this is a reference to the French Revolution. What our Toker friend is missing is historical perspective. The prospective future that some here refer to is entirely possible given human nature and our own history.
Victor Davis Hanson is one of the most brilliant thinkers and historians alive today.

Reactions: Lampasas
I love Augustiner. However, I'm sure there are some Belgians that would disagree with your sentiments. And I must admit, some of the Belgian trappists are especially good beers.
Westmalle
Achel
Westvleteren

To name a few.
The Belgians have an interestingly high view of themselves, almost arrogant. But not quite like the french

Germans own beer superiority in Europe, there is no argument otherwise, if you try you are a nazi.

My BP is perfect lol I rarely watch news. Because we already know what we’re going to get.

Augustiner isn’t bad, Bitburger all day long.
Als eine gute Bayerisch, I will die on the hill that Augistiner is better Than Bitburger. In fact, Augistiner's 700th birthday is in 2028. I may have to go and celebrate. Bitburger is still a baby, just over 200 years old.

I also avoid the news. If I want to know what's going on, i'll go outside and talk to one of my retired cranky nosy neighbors

Many years ago when I was stationed in Germany I to enjoyed the joys of German beer. In Aschaffenburg where I was stationed there was a local beer I think it was Weisen it's been a long time I may have it wrong. But anyway you put a slice of lemon on top. You took a sip and it sucked your gums together lol. I remember it was heavy on yeast. I think every town had their own brewery. Memories.

Not that I needed more material to make @danhorn and all his fvcktard 9.95 buddies look dumber than they already do-- but here is some more so they can continue to be reminded how much I fvcking despise them as organisms that waste the oxygen around me.

And @danhorn -- I can forgive you for being old and scared. And it probably was the right thing for YOU to do-- because you're old, and have a weak immune system.
But coming here and flapping your cake hole with "holier than thou" bullsh!t while trying to shame people here--- well, ya-- you can still go fvck yourself in your partially clogged Carotid with a chainsaw.
@1consummate1 -- that includes you too you fvcking twunt nugget.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT