Big 10 restarts football season

Lampasas

Nov 24, 2019
It’s all about that mighty mighty dollar!
I certainly think money plays a big part, but I also think they were worried about their ability to recruit the better players going forward. I was looking forward to the recruiting advantage we would have over the big10/pac12 simply by asking the kids if they wanted to be confident they were going to a school where they would be able to play.

Reactions: Belldozer1

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
I certainly think money plays a big part, but I also think they were worried about their ability to recruit the better players going forward. I was looking forward to the recruiting advantage we would have over the big10/pac12 simply by asking the kids if they wanted to be confident they were going to a school where they would be able to play.
B10 wanted to see the outcome of all the other football games and was either going to say “told you so” or “it was better to be safe than sorry” it was a win win for them no matter unless they canceled the whole season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belldozer1

LonghornMM

Oct 23, 2002
Texas
My point is the timing of things. With the Big 10 starting their season so late, what are the teams from the other conferences supposed to do, sit idle and wait on the Big 10 to finish their season? I think not.

diadevic

May 4, 2006
It’ll probably come down to Clemson vs Bama anyway
I don't know. I got a look at that Rattler kid for $59.95, and with the exception of Dave Aranda - who already embarrassed Lincoln Riley's in last year's playoff, I don't see anyone that can slow him down.

Reactions: StrangerHorn

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
I don't know. I got a look at that Rattler kid for $59.95, and with the exception of Dave Aranda - who already embarrassed Lincoln Riley's in last year's playoff, I don't see anyone that can slow him down.
Rattler is pretty accurate. Our defense is still not where it needs to be

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
The Big X is not going to have a season. Of the remaining conferences 8 of the acc teams have had an increase reported cases. In the Big XII there is a privacy in place so they don't have to disclose but we now know that TT has 72 players who have tested positive or associated with someone who has. This is significant because we play TT in 10 days. There also reports that TCU has reported cases. The Big XII has ruled that there must be 53 players who have tested negative or their season will be suspended. This doesn't look good for either conference they might have to cancel their season within the next 30 days. The SEC is another post by itself.

LonghornMM

Oct 23, 2002
Texas
The Big X is not going to have a season. Of the remaining conferences 8 of the acc teams have had an increase reported cases. In the Big XII there is a privacy in place so they don't have to disclose but we now know that TT has 72 players who have tested positive or associated with someone who has. This is significant because we play TT in 10 days. There also reports that TCU has reported cases. The Big XII has ruled that there must be 53 players who have tested negative or their season will be suspended. This doesn't look good for either conference they might have to cancel their season within the next 30 days. The SEC is another post by itself.
The Big 10 is going to play. Why all of the gloom and doom with this plandemic/virus, with a death rate of .00001? So what if kids "test positive"? Teams should play any way. This is all so overblown.

HornNation101

1986 UT Grad and OEF US Army Combat Veteran
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2011
Fredericksburg, Texas
Are you placing betting odds on this cancellation theory of yours? I know you can only see with Dark Colored Glasses because of orange man, always hoping for misery and despair, but I would like to make some money off your cancellation theory so I can buy some new ammo.

Reactions: WestTexasEx97

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
PAC12 will play as well. Anybody see the sh!t show that is the PAC12 commissioner? Wow.

This just goes to reinforce that this entire debacle was staged.

DHHorn

Dec 10, 2014
I agree that the Big 10 and PAC 12 will not finish their seasons. They will shut it down at the slightest uptick in cases and say "See, I told you so President Trump. It's all your fault". Then they will look like dumb asses again while the Big 12 and SEC continue to play with no major problems.

DHHorn

Dec 10, 2014
Are you placing betting odds on this cancellation theory of yours? I know you can only see with Dark Colored Glasses because of orange man, always hoping for misery and despair, but I would like to make some money off your cancellation theory so I can buy some new ammo.
Look who is making the decisions over there. You really think they aren't going to let politics mess with their decision making. They will do what the dems wish. If that means shutting it back down they will do it in a heartbeat.

HornNation101

1986 UT Grad and OEF US Army Combat Veteran
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2011
Fredericksburg, Texas
Look who is making the decisions over there. You really think they aren't going to let politics mess with their decision making. They will do what the dems wish. If that means shutting it back down they will do it in a heartbeat.
Pac 12 and Big 10 are excluded from the bet. Your are 100% correct that they would cancel the second Pelosi says cancel it.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
The big 10 thought If they jumped out and canceled everyone else would follow. When that didn’t happen they didn’t have a choice but to scramble to come back.

my question is though why should they be eligible for the playoff? They are going to play 2 less games than the other conferences and the other teams will be playing for a month already before they even start

diadevic

May 4, 2006
The big 10 thought If they jumped out and canceled everyone else would follow. When that didn’t happen they didn’t have a choice but to scramble to come back.

my question is though why should they be eligible for the playoff? They are going to play 2 less games than the other conferences and the other teams will be playing for a month already before they even start
I'm with you. If there was ever evidence that this whole thing is politically motivated and not based on "science..." Where's Cali?

BTW - the Huskers are p*ssed because they had their game against Rutgers taken away, and have to play at Ohio St. and Penn St. In the first month. I guess the Big 10 wanted to stick it to them.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
I'm with you. If there was ever evidence that this whole thing is politically motivated and not based on "science..." Where's Cali?

BTW - the Huskers are p*ssed because they had their game against Rutgers taken away, and have to play at Ohio St. and Penn St. In the first month. I guess the Big 10 wanted to stick it to them.
Well I mean I do think there is some medical concern. However you can’t argue that it’s safe to have in person classes and people in the dorms but also argue football would be too dangerous for the players. If you said we’re not going to have football and we’re going to send everyone home I could see that, but players are no more at risk playing football than they are being at frat parties and such. In fact probably safer playing football

diadevic

May 4, 2006
Well I mean I do think there is some medical concern. However you can’t argue that it’s safe to have in person classes and people in the dorms but also argue football would be too dangerous for the players. If you said we’re not going to have football and we’re going to send everyone home I could see that, but players are no more at risk playing football than they are being at frat parties and such. In fact probably safer playing football
My view was that nothing has changed in the last month when it was deemed by the Big 10 to be too dangerous. Now that the Big 12 and ACC have kicked off, the SEC is getting after it this weekend, the excitement of a season with a CFP at the end of the season is upon us - NOW its not too dangerous? Garbage. Nothing changed from the day they made their original decision - except pressure from certain schools and parents and fear of getting left behind.

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
The Pac 12 is a significant corporate raid opportunity. The p12 is about to take a $1 billion loan. The B12 refused the same loan. If i were the b12, now would be the time to drive the wedge. Take az, asu, cu, usc, ucla, uo, and utah. Send wvu to the acc. Break them away. Use the debt and a better deal to do it.

Stanford is leading the way on not playing. They are a pariah of libtardidness and dysfunction. Let them join the wacky wac with cal..

Reactions: diadevic

diadevic

May 4, 2006
The Pac 12 is a significant corporate raid opportunity. The p12 is about to take a $1 billion loan. The B12 refused the same loan. If i were the b12, now would be the time to drive the wedge. Take az, asu, cu, usc, ucla, uo, and utah. Send wvu to the acc. Break them away. Use the debt and a better deal to do it.

Stanford is leading the way on not playing. They are a pariah of libtardidness and dysfunction. Let them join the wacky wac with cal..
The problem is “One True Champion“ Bowlsby - we got him from Stanford.

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
My view was that nothing has changed in the last month when it was deemed by the Big 10 to be too dangerous. Now that the Big 12 and ACC have kicked off, the SEC is getting after it this weekend, the excitement of a season with a CFP at the end of the season is upon us - NOW its not too dangerous? Garbage. Nothing changed from the day they made their original decision - except pressure from certain schools and parents and fear of getting left behind.
Oh for sure I agree there. The big 10’s decision to not play at all came a few days after Penn State announced no fans at games. Pretty obvious what it was about.