ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 restarts football season

It’s all about that mighty mighty dollar!

I certainly think money plays a big part, but I also think they were worried about their ability to recruit the better players going forward. I was looking forward to the recruiting advantage we would have over the big10/pac12 simply by asking the kids if they wanted to be confident they were going to a school where they would be able to play.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I certainly think money plays a big part, but I also think they were worried about their ability to recruit the better players going forward. I was looking forward to the recruiting advantage we would have over the big10/pac12 simply by asking the kids if they wanted to be confident they were going to a school where they would be able to play.

B10 wanted to see the outcome of all the other football games and was either going to say “told you so” or “it was better to be safe than sorry” it was a win win for them no matter unless they canceled the whole season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belldozer1
My point is the timing of things. With the Big 10 starting their season so late, what are the teams from the other conferences supposed to do, sit idle and wait on the Big 10 to finish their season? I think not.

It’ll probably come down to Clemson vs Bama anyway
I don't know. I got a look at that Rattler kid for $59.95, and with the exception of Dave Aranda - who already embarrassed Lincoln Riley's in last year's playoff, I don't see anyone that can slow him down.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I don't know. I got a look at that Rattler kid for $59.95, and with the exception of Dave Aranda - who already embarrassed Lincoln Riley's in last year's playoff, I don't see anyone that can slow him down.
Rattler is pretty accurate. Our defense is still not where it needs to be

The Big X is not going to have a season. Of the remaining conferences 8 of the acc teams have had an increase reported cases. In the Big XII there is a privacy in place so they don't have to disclose but we now know that TT has 72 players who have tested positive or associated with someone who has. This is significant because we play TT in 10 days. There also reports that TCU has reported cases. The Big XII has ruled that there must be 53 players who have tested negative or their season will be suspended. This doesn't look good for either conference they might have to cancel their season within the next 30 days. The SEC is another post by itself.

The Big X is not going to have a season. Of the remaining conferences 8 of the acc teams have had an increase reported cases. In the Big XII there is a privacy in place so they don't have to disclose but we now know that TT has 72 players who have tested positive or associated with someone who has. This is significant because we play TT in 10 days. There also reports that TCU has reported cases. The Big XII has ruled that there must be 53 players who have tested negative or their season will be suspended. This doesn't look good for either conference they might have to cancel their season within the next 30 days. The SEC is another post by itself.

The Big 10 is going to play. Why all of the gloom and doom with this plandemic/virus, with a death rate of .00001? So what if kids "test positive"? Teams should play any way. This is all so overblown.

Are you placing betting odds on this cancellation theory of yours? I know you can only see with Dark Colored Glasses because of orange man, always hoping for misery and despair, but I would like to make some money off your cancellation theory so I can buy some new ammo.

Reactions: WestTexasEx97
PAC12 will play as well. Anybody see the sh!t show that is the PAC12 commissioner? Wow.

This just goes to reinforce that this entire debacle was staged.

I agree that the Big 10 and PAC 12 will not finish their seasons. They will shut it down at the slightest uptick in cases and say "See, I told you so President Trump. It's all your fault". Then they will look like dumb asses again while the Big 12 and SEC continue to play with no major problems.

Are you placing betting odds on this cancellation theory of yours? I know you can only see with Dark Colored Glasses because of orange man, always hoping for misery and despair, but I would like to make some money off your cancellation theory so I can buy some new ammo.

Look who is making the decisions over there. You really think they aren't going to let politics mess with their decision making. They will do what the dems wish. If that means shutting it back down they will do it in a heartbeat.

Look who is making the decisions over there. You really think they aren't going to let politics mess with their decision making. They will do what the dems wish. If that means shutting it back down they will do it in a heartbeat.
Pac 12 and Big 10 are excluded from the bet. Your are 100% correct that they would cancel the second Pelosi says cancel it.

The big 10 thought If they jumped out and canceled everyone else would follow. When that didn’t happen they didn’t have a choice but to scramble to come back.

my question is though why should they be eligible for the playoff? They are going to play 2 less games than the other conferences and the other teams will be playing for a month already before they even start

The big 10 thought If they jumped out and canceled everyone else would follow. When that didn’t happen they didn’t have a choice but to scramble to come back.

my question is though why should they be eligible for the playoff? They are going to play 2 less games than the other conferences and the other teams will be playing for a month already before they even start
I'm with you. If there was ever evidence that this whole thing is politically motivated and not based on "science..." Where's Cali?

BTW - the Huskers are p*ssed because they had their game against Rutgers taken away, and have to play at Ohio St. and Penn St. In the first month. I guess the Big 10 wanted to stick it to them.

ADVERTISEMENT