ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 expansion “done deal

If I was the big 12. To help keep Kansas go add Gonzaga as a basketball only participant. Gonzaga’s weak conference just got weaker with the loss of BYU. They’d get the BYU game back plus add Kansas, Baylor, WVU, and wouldn’t have to schedule so tough in the non con. The big 12 would still be a really good basketball conference which will keep Kansas in line.

Reactions: westx and freeper
If I was the big 12. To help keep Kansas go add Gonzaga as a basketball only participant. Gonzaga’s weak conference just got weaker with the loss of BYU. They’d get the BYU game back plus add Kansas, Baylor, WVU, and wouldn’t have to schedule so tough in the non con. The big 12 would still be a really good basketball conference which will keep Kansas in line.
"Still be"??? Keep in mind we just got rid of a school that lost to ACU in the first round, and added a final 4 team. "Still be"??? The new Big 12 is now home to the national champs and half of the final 4 participants - this is definitely an upgrade for hoops purposes.

"Still be"??? Keep in mind we just got rid of a school that lost to ACU in the first round, and added a final 4 team. "Still be"??? The new Big 12 is now home to the national champs and half of the final 4 participants - this is definitely an upgrade for hoops purposes.
That team also won the conference tournament. Perhaps judging a conference or a team off of one NCAA tournament game isn’t smart analysis

That team also won the conference tournament. Perhaps judging a conference or a team off of one NCAA tournament game isn’t smart analysis
What??? Congrats to Texas. For getting a Covid asterisked tournament championship. That's right - they got a bye in the semis. a day of rest, while OSU and BU slugged it out. Regardless - BU won six in a row at the Big Dance, and UH won 4. That's not judging off of "one tournament game". I swear you're better than Jen Psaki in spinning that the ACU loss wasn't a colossal embarrassment.

What is up with KU. Are they in or out? If KU leaves, the biggest loser is the Baylor basketball program. Other than that, I think it will be a solid top to bottom conference. I really like it
KU really wants the B1G. Their football team has lost 3 in a row to Costal Carolina and they aren't in a major media market. They bring a basketball brand but right now that isn't driving the TV contracts. Look what happened to UCONN in the last round of realignment and they are half way in between NYC and Boston. They are basically stuck.

In know it's Houston but I feel like they will gain the most out of this. Now they might be able to hang on to a decent coach & put $$ into their program.
Basically, I think Houston has a much higher ceiling than the other new adds. Whether or not they take advantage or not is a different story. We all know how snakebit Houston teams are, Astros currently do not apply.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
In know it's Houston but I feel like they will gain the most out of this. Now they might be able to hang on to a decent coach & put $$ into their program.
Basically, I think Houston has a much higher ceiling than the other new adds. Whether or not they take advantage or not is a different story. We all know how snakebit Houston teams are, Astros currently do not apply.
I agree. I think Cincinnati is a winner too. They’ve been a good mid major program for a long time and has some really good HC’s

There’s literally nothing the Big 12 can do to make Kansas want to stay.

There’s literally nothing the Big 12 can do to make Kansas want to stay.
Not if the big 10 actually wants them no, but since the big 10 likely doesn’t you can help them save face a little bit and sweeten the basketball pot of this deal which is what they are after

. However they have a top notch coach in Luke Fickell. And they went to the Peach Bowl lost on a last play 52 yard fg.

The ONLY reason Georgia won that game was Fickell's idiot decision to throw the ball on 3rd down which lead to a clock stoppage. . . .otherwise Dawgs have no time to drive and score.

It didn’t kill CFP expansion. Might of delayed it but it didn’t kill it CFP expansion will happen

Unfortunately, now it depends on when The Alliance chooses to vote for expansion. Before it could have been voted in this year.

ADVERTISEMENT