ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 unveils 2019 schedules

q1w2e3

Mar 2, 2005
Texas has two bye weeks breaking up the schedule into thirds: Play four, bye, play four, bye, play last four.

Tech @ Texas is on the Friday after T-Day giving Texas a short six day week, but Tech is in same boat. However, that gives Texas an extra day rest if they make the Big 12 championship game. OU plays bedlam game on Saturday.

LSU at home second game of the season. I would rather it be the third but better than the first. Texas opening games last two years has been full of bugs, especially on defense and they have needed a week or two to get going. Also, Texas will be breaking in basically a new defense and possibly with a new coordinator. The D is losing: Nelson, Omenihu, Hager, Gary Johnson, Wheeler, Boyd, D. Davis, Locke. That's almost the entire starting Dline and LB's plus half the secondary.

2019 Texas Football Schedule
Aug. 31—LOUISIANA TECH
Sept. 7—LSU
Sept. 14—at Rice (NRG Stadium)
Sept. 21—OKLAHOMA STATE*
Oct. 5—at West Virginia*
Oct. 12—vs Oklahoma* (Cotton Bowl)
Oct. 19—KANSAS*
Oct. 26—at TCU*
Nov. 9—KANSAS STATE*
Nov. 16—at Iowa State*
Nov. 23—at Baylor*
Nov. 29—TEXAS TECH*

*Big 12 Conference game

Texas has two bye weeks breaking up the schedule into thirds: Play four, bye, play four, bye, play last four.

Tech @ Texas is on the Friday after T-Day giving Texas a short six day week, but Tech is in same boat. However, that gives Texas an extra day rest if they make the Big 12 championship game. OU plays bedlam game on Saturday.

LSU at home second game of the season. I would rather it be the third but better than the first. Texas opening games last two years has been full of bugs, especially on defense and they have needed a week or two to get going. Also, Texas will be breaking in basically a new defense and possibly with a new coordinator. The D is losing: Nelson, Omenihu, Hager, Gary Johnson, Wheeler, Boyd, D. Davis, Locke. That's almost the entire starting Dline and LB's plus half the secondary.

2019 Texas Football Schedule
Aug. 31—LOUISIANA TECH
Sept. 7—LSU
Sept. 14—at Rice (NRG Stadium)
Sept. 21—OKLAHOMA STATE*
Oct. 5—at West Virginia*
Oct. 12—vs Oklahoma* (Cotton Bowl)
Oct. 19—KANSAS*
Oct. 26—at TCU*
Nov. 9—KANSAS STATE*
Nov. 16—at Iowa State*
Nov. 23—at Baylor*
Nov. 29—TEXAS TECH*

*Big 12 Conference game

New coordinator?

Orlando wants to be a head coach. not many openings this year anticipated. not good ones. unless certain dominoes fall, like saban or mullen (just throwing random names out there) going NFL or something.

Orlando makes more now than most small schools are willing to pay, 1 Million. What large school is going to want to take an unproven commodity and pay over 1 million? Any decent openings?

Hmmm.

LSU coming to town. That could be......... dicey.

I feel so out to lunch. I had no idea that LSU was on the schedule. I assume we are going to Baton Rouge in 2020. Man I wonder how many drunken, crazy ass Cajuns are going to show up in Memorial Stadium on 9/7/19 lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT