ADVERTISEMENT

Bigger Fraud?

ugg... This Texas team looks like it was out partying all last night and they are hungover.

I turned it off at 3:13 mark, I figured it was over. I still consider it a loss. I'm glad we won, but lets face it, for this year, it might as well be a loss.

Tom Herman or Herb Hand?

I'm going with Hand.

However, anyone on our coaching staff that suggests that Kerstetter is going to play at the next level is on drugs. Our C had 2 false start penalties, at least 2 holding penalties, and on a 3rd & 4 play early in the 4th, didn't make contact with a defensive player. Luckily Roschon Johnson is Hercules and converted 4th and 1.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I'm going with Hand.

However, anyone on our coaching staff that suggests that Kerstetter is going to play at the next level is on drugs. Our C had 2 false start penalties, at least 2 holding penalties, and on a 3rd & 4 play early in the 4th, didn't make contact with a defensive player. Luckily Roschon Johnson is Hercules and converted 4th and 1.

He makes 700k a year. The OL still have the same issues from 3 years ago. And he can't recruit elite talent.

Herman can’t really be a fraud because he was never really that great to begin with. He was built up to be great by the media and by boosters at Texas(and LSU) because he won a couple big games at an area school. I’m not knocking Herman I think he’s a decent coach who will be respectable at Texas and will recruit decently. Is he the next great college coach like he was built up to? No, but he never was that.

Reactions: OldHornInPA
I think Herman is what he is. However....I do not know why Hand was given protected status when other coaches were not. He has shown he cannot recruit worth a damn....and he has not shown he can coach worth a damn.

He has shown he can get a high paying contract......scoreboard Hand!

How about Mike Leach at Miss St. That guy is a helluva coach but everyone in the media thinks he's a right wing nut job so he gets zero credibility. Dude is going to completely disrupt the SEC. That was a great hire.
This goes to my point about how to hire a coach. To me expierence and program building matters more than “OMG he beat this team’! Let’s hire him!” I’ll take a guy like Leach over the hot new name of the week every single day. I always go back to Mack Brown. His recored pre Texas wasn’t spectacular It was respectable but he has the expierence to handle the challenges at Texas and the ability to build the relationships necessary.

Mack's record preTexas was respectable?...It was spectacular!....He had 2 10 win seasons at NC when they couldnt do squat before he got there.

How about Mike Leach at Miss St. That guy is a helluva coach but everyone in the media thinks he's a right wing nut job so he gets zero credibility. Dude is going to completely disrupt the SEC. That was a great hire.

He is?

Let me show you a picture of Mike Leach's trophy case.

heritage-trophy-locking-display-case-128.png

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Mack's record preTexas was respectable?...It was spectacular!....He had 2 10 win seasons at NC when they couldnt do squat before he got there.
Yeah his last couple years at NC we’re really good. But in 14 years as a HC pre Texas he never won a conference. So All I’m saying is you can’t get sucked in to recored and titles as your only measurement when looking for a head coach and that tends to be what happens now.

On a couple of positive notes: One, Hand>>>Warehime and two, if Yurcich is worth his salt, he has some dominion over what is happening at the OL and perhaps even be in TH’s ear when it come to Hand’s deficiencies.

Burn it down, burn the ashes, and get the next disappointment started.
BringBackRoyal I expect this from other posters but not you. I think we're going to be alright. And hey that was a helluva comeback yesterday. 15 points in 3 minutes and how about that onside kick? And in games like these all the defense needs to do is make 1 defensive stand and we did. And although we gave up 56 the stats weren't as bad as some of last years games.

We finally have an offense that can score quickly, we finally some home run hitters. We don't have to pound the ball for 5 minutes to score a td. The ol is what it is and Cosmi is not NFL caliber like we wanted to believe he was. But hey our ol and d can get better before the season ends. And the reason I say this because the most overrated thing in football is as good as your last game. KSU and ISU proved that yesterday.

He is only a junior but Dicker the kicker could be one of the best kickers we've ever had. Last year against LSU and OK he had some onside kicks that he barely missed. But now he has perfect timing he proved that yesterday. He can get it past the first line and have it bounce perfectly.

It's still early now let's go out and do a stomp dance on the cockroaches.

Reactions: freeper
cali,

Why should I believe TH is the guy? What does he do that is elite? Please, change my mind.

Cosmi is a sure fire NFL prospect...what in the hell are you talking about? He won't be a 1st rounder because he isn't getting coached up at all, but he is very athletic and will make a solid NFL lineman IMO.

Weevil it's to early to write off TH. We are a better team than last year and of that I am certain. And there is no coach in the Big XII head and shoulders above TH. And as I said above there is no stat more worthless than good as your last game. I think if we beat the cockroaches and the team really looks good doing it then were on the way back.

Like everyone else I realize that Kerstetter is the weak link in the ol. I haven't liked that guy since the TCU game when he almost got Shane killed. Go back and watch films of that game and see how bad DK played they almost broke Shane. I was happy he went to SMU and saved his career. He is so slow I'm thinking center is a good spot for him all be has to do is remember the snap count and try to stay out of the way. What I'm trying to say he is the weakest link in our ol and he brings everyone else down because of it. Maybe Herb Hand can work around it. I gotta admit I'm surprised hes still here after all the coaching changes. But we've got a good group of skill players and a good qb maybe it can help him. So if I have to pick between him and Herman I'd say Herb. And I still think Herman can rally a team around him. Look at what he's done during these troubled times. We make something out of our ol than we can have an outstanding offense in 2020. For all the points we gave up the defensive stats were not that bad and we did have 3 pics.

And while we gave up an onside kick and a fumbled punt we also blocked a punt and of course the onside kick. And don't forget CD kicked 2 fg's one from 43 yards. People aren't talking about the blocked punt they're dwelling on the negative. And despite the fumbled punt DJ is going to take 1 to the house before the seasons over. Ryan is a good punter. In short well be good on special teams this year. Herman has improved this team far more than you think. I understand the doubts were all frustrated.

I still believe that TH can take us to the title this year.

Reactions: westx
Weevil it's to early to write off TH. We are a better team than last year and of that I am certain. And there is no coach in the Big XII head and shoulders above TH. And as I said above there is no stat more worthless than good as your last game. I think if we beat the cockroaches and the team really looks good doing it then were on the way back.

Like everyone else I realize that Kerstetter is the weak link in the ol. I haven't liked that guy since the TCU game when he almost got Shane killed. Go back and watch films of that game and see how bad DK played they almost broke Shane. I was happy he went to SMU and saved his career. He is so slow I'm thinking center is a good spot for him all be has to do is remember the snap count and try to stay out of the way. What I'm trying to say he is the weakest link in our ol and he brings everyone else down because of it. Maybe Herb Hand can work around it. I gotta admit I'm surprised hes still here after all the coaching changes. But we've got a good group of skill players and a good qb maybe it can help him. So if I have to pick between him and Herman I'd say Herb. And I still think Herman can rally a team around him. Look at what he's done during these troubled times. We make something out of our ol than we can have an outstanding offense in 2020. For all the points we gave up the defensive stats were not that bad and we did have 3 pics.

And while we gave up an onside kick and a fumbled punt we also blocked a punt and of course the onside kick. And don't forget CD kicked 2 fg's one from 43 yards. People aren't talking about the blocked punt they're dwelling on the negative. And despite the fumbled punt DJ is going to take 1 to the house before the seasons over. Ryan is a good punter. In short well be good on special teams this year. Herman has improved this team far more than you think. I understand the doubts were all frustrated.

I still believe that TH can take us to the title this year.
We are a better team than last year? Based on what?

Remember Mack being called a fraud.
The issue with Mack is we always came up one game short of the ultimate goal. Usually it was the OU game and if it wasn’t that we slipped up somewhere else.

the problem with Herman is the team is just poorly coached we do very few things well. The games we win it feels like we win because are talent is just better. Thats fine if all you want to do is win 8-9 games a year. If you want to win championships you have to be well coached

Reactions: weevilcatch

Well we have improved a lot with our skill players. Our qb is poised for his best season. I can live with our special teams miscues. And why isn't anyone on here talking about the blocked punt? Or CD hitting 2 clutch fg's one from 43 yards? Ryan will be a good punter. And despite the fumble DJ will take one to the house before the season is over. So we are definitely improved there. The first big test for our d will be the TCU game this Saturday. We do that and were definitely improved from the previous season. Like everyone else I know the big question is the ol. And the biggest intangible that works against is beyond Sam we don't have a strong senior class. Coach Herman didn't have enough time to recruit and the top went to school out of state but we can overcome that.

Also last year against TCU we fell behind by 10 with 4 minutes to but we weren't good enough to come from behind. And TCU finished 5/7.

We came from behind at ISU but we weren't good enough to finish the job on either side of the ball. And ISU wasn't much better than TCU they finished 7/5.

We came from behind against KSU but it was a different situation. Have we ever come from this far behind so late in the game in the TH era? I can't think of any but I'm not sure.

But yesterday we did and it was a helluva comeback. We did this more than a few times in the MB era and yesterday reminded me of those games.

Clob94 is the former player he can certainly see things I can't. And maybe BE is a bad route runner. But hey didn't he catch one of the td catches when we made the rally? That has to count for something.

And although I've said this already we have to remember that it's always a war when we go Jones Stadium and this year was no different. And even DKR's teams went through this.

And finally in this coronavirus season anythin can happen for better.
Or worse.

Last edited:
We should be better based on the roster alone. We lost CJ, Duvernay, Brian Jones and Malcom Roach from last year's team. Thus far, our receiving corps looks like there is a drop off, but, the running backs, Sam and the coaching of M Yurcich looks like it will be a good year for the Texas offense. Our roster on defense is better on paper with all of the experience and athletes in the secondary and defensive line, but there are a lot of question marks after the Tech game. Let's hope Chris Ash gets this unit going.

Texas teams since DKR seem to need a bloody nose before they get in gear. Ask Clob, there is something in the Austin water. I can't put my finger on it. Tech has been a rivalry game from Tech's side for 20 years or more. Texas is their Super Bowl. Bloody nose received. Let's see what we do with the fattersons.

I like that they dropped us in the polls. Should po some of the team.

Reactions: diadevic
He is?

Let me show you a picture of Mike Leach's trophy case.

heritage-trophy-locking-display-case-128.png
That’s funny. My aggsy cousin told me the same thing about Mack Brown when we hired him from North Carolina. Both were (are) true.

Not jumping in saying the Pirate would EVER be a fit in Austin but I think he will cause a lot of havoc to defenses in the sec. They will out talent him. But the big boys will lose every once in a while and the lesser programs (not Alabama) will get embarrassed every once in a while too.

I am glad he is there.

=)roll I came here to see the board melt down and it never disappoints. Let’s get into the season before we start sacrificing virgins and burning down houses. 2 games in and people are already pissed. We blew out our first opponent so everyone thought we do the same to our second. I haven’t even looked at the post about what the score should’ve been according to our board members.
Team didn’t quit kept playing and won. Move on to the next... shit all the games may end up this way just win.

Reactions: okiehorn
cali,

Why should I believe TH is the guy? What does he do that is elite? Please, change my mind.

Cosmi is a sure fire NFL prospect...what in the hell are you talking about? He won't be a 1st rounder because he isn't getting coached up at all, but he is very athletic and will make a solid NFL lineman IMO.

I can only talk for myself.

This is the year I will judge him, All his guys in the program. Senior 4 yr starter at QB (who also happens to be one of the top 5 in the country). More experience and talent on the field than any other program. Per 247, Texas has the 5th most talented team in the country behind only Georgia, Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State.

If Tom can't win the conference this year, he is never going to get it done.

I will only judge him on this one fact, win the conference or you are done as far as I'm concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT