ADVERTISEMENT

Bigger Fraud?

I can only talk for myself.

This is the year I will judge him, All his guys in the program. Senior 4 yr starter at QB (who also happens to be one of the top 5 in the country). More experience and talent on the field than any other program. Per 247, Texas has the 5th most talented team in the country behind only Georgia, Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State.

If Tom can't win the conference this year, he is never going to get it done.

I will only judge him on this one fact, win the conference or you are done as far as I'm concerned.
Agree! Let this year play out we all know if he doesn’t win the conference it’s over for him. He knows this as well.

We should be better based on the roster alone. We lost CJ, Duvernay, Brian Jones and Malcom Roach from last year's team. Thus far, our receiving corps looks like there is a drop off, but, the running backs, Sam and the coaching of M Yurcich looks like it will be a good year for the Texas offense. Our roster on defense is better on paper with all of the experience and athletes in the secondary and defensive line, but there are a lot of question marks after the Tech game. Let's hope Chris Ash gets this unit going.
I definitely agree that we SHOULD be better and I believe we COULD be better than last year. They aren’t there yet though.

BringBackRoyal I expect this from other posters but not you.

Sorry, Cali, but the hellish blightscape of the last decade of Texas football history -- where the sole decent season still came with four losses, including two to dogsh*t teams -- has drained my capacity for optimism. When I see Texas give up 56 in regulation to a team that could only score 35 against a friggin' bible college, it all feels too familiar to me, and not in a good way.

I hope you're right, in any case.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Sorry, Cali, but the hellish blightscape of the last decade of Texas football history -- where the sole decent season still came with four losses, including two to dogsh*t teams -- has drained my capacity for optimism. When I see Texas give up 56 in regulation to a team that could only score 35 against a friggin' bible college, it all feels too familiar to me, and not in a good way.

I hope you're right, in any case.

BBR this is going to be one crazy season the craziest season ever. This year good teams will not get organized and disappoint think LSU.

And inferior teams will come out nowhere and surprise everybody think LA and BYU.

And who knows maybe our d will play the exact opposite against the cockroaches than they did against TT. Remember its always a war when we go to Lubbock.

Strap yourself in for what's going to be a crazy ass season.

Thanks for the reminder to go stab my Steve Patterson voodoo doll in the face a few more times.
I think basketball will surprise folks this year. Hopefully Simms is healthy, brown coming In, Kai Jones with a year in the weight room. Coleman and Jones running the point. Should set up for a good season

I think basketball will surprise folks this year. Hopefully Simms is healthy, brown coming In, Kai Jones with a year in the weight room. Coleman and Jones running the point. Should set up for a good season

Our basketball team usually surprises me..............

This is pretty much what Tom Herman was at Houston. Beat OU and FSU. Lose to navy and Tulsa. People were just so enamored with the wins they didn’t look at the full picture.

This is pretty much what Tom Herman was at Houston. Beat OU and FSU. Lose to navy and Tulsa. People were just so enamored with the wins they didn’t look at the full picture.
He had a plan for Texas that made sense. I totally bought in because it was something Texas was missing. That plan was total “Alignment” from administration on down. C Strong really ran things into a hole. Regardless of what anybody thinks, we are in a better place. We have beaten quality teams in quality bowls and have a winning record. Results haven’t aligned with the investment, but it has improved slowly.

He had a plan for Texas that made sense. I totally bought in because it was something Texas was missing. That plan was total “Alignment” from administration on down. C Strong really ran things into a hole. Regardless of what anybody thinks, we are in a better place. We have beaten quality teams in quality bowls and have a winning record. Results haven’t aligned with the investment, but it has improved slowly.
No argument that we’ve beaten good teams in bowl games, but at some point you have to win games against tech and TCU fairly easily and 4 years in its fair to expect that.if you can’t beat the Maryland’s then beating the Georgia’s doesn’t matter as much

Our basketball team usually surprises me..............

Already looking forward to basketball? This brings a tear to my eye. Shaka will never meet expectations. I wish there was a youtube of shaka telling his players to put on their 'mean' faces vs Kansas. Without Yacklich, you are about to understand what fraud really means. I won't be tuning in.

Two conference championships since Bill Clinton's second inauguration. Just blows my mind every time I think about it.

Ya bro, it might be time to bail out on this school. I've seen 5-6 Cowboy games in the last 22 years. I can do this. It may well be over for Texas. We are going the way of the Pac 12.

ADVERTISEMENT