ADVERTISEMENT

BlowU line at 12 at some books?

royalewithcheese

Life is what happens when making other plans....
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Fair?

uxD8F2w.gif

I think that this is a touchdown game either way. I don't see 0U covering this spread. Herman always has his teams well prepared in big games.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Review the B12 CCG. The CCG was a renewal of the RRR. Texas was up and in control until the pass interference calls started coming in for OU. On top of the calls, there were 2 td's called back for Texas and many non-calls for PI that should have gone against OU. The fix was in for the B12 CCG. The question remains, has the Texas brass made it clear to the B12 that the bullshit will not go unpunished. If we get a quality game from officials, I expect a close game. The spread is easy money.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Review the B12 CCG. The CCG was a renewal of the RRR. Texas was up and in control until the pass interference calls started coming in for OU. On top of the calls, there were 2 td's called back for Texas and many non-calls for PI that should have gone against OU. The fix was in for the B12 CCG. The question remains, has the Texas brass made it clear to the B12 that the bullshit will not go unpunished. If we get a quality game from officials, I expect a close game. The spread is easy money.
Yep, also, ou secondary was bitching about pushing off by our large receivers (they did so effectively, I might add). It was no where close to pushing off. The little pip squeaks just couldn't cover them and that was there strategy going into the game and we were called for it 1st series.

The problem is --- OU can score early and often. UT can play toe to toe and still lose by 14 -- the days of the 20-10 game are gone. That said - Hurts ain't no Murray or Mayfield - I'm putting my post game corny dog money on UT....on the money line!

The problem is --- OU can score early and often. UT can play toe to toe and still lose by 14 -- the days of the 20-10 game are gone. That said - Hurts ain't no Murray or Mayfield - I'm putting my post game corny dog money on UT....on the money line!
I wouldn't underestimate Hurts. The guy is a stout runner. I think we have enough maturity on our D line to not over run the rush. The strategy will probably be the same as with murray and spanker-CONTAINMENT

Sure, but in the last two games vs OU it was Texas that scored early and often. The refs put the breaks on Texas in the B12 CCG so that the B12 could get a team in the playoffs.

Now, Texas has one loss already and that is to LSU. Does the B12 believe that Texas cannot make the playoff with the loss to LSU? Also, will the B12 do the same as last year and determine the winner through the officiating to get OU into the playoff? Nowhere to hide penalty stats..... They are blatant for everyone to see in the boxscore. It's time for the Texas brass to stand up and kick some ass just as the team will do tomorrow.

i'm gonna throw this out there, and i may be way off. but the ou o-line is susceptible. i still don't think hurts can throw-- the really really good wrs bail him out a lot, and the scheme is always good so that helps cover his warts. i don't think he KILLS us running. the ou rb is questionable, i believe (?). now we have our problems as well-- can't really generate a rush without bringing extra, secondary banged up and inexperienced. but bottom line, i think our lines are more physical and our qb isn't a little better; i think our qb is a LOT better. may be the orange kool-aid i'm drinking, but i just think we're better. but nobody knows because we have played teams with pulses and even when we don't-- and this could be a legitimate flaw-- we don't smash the gas on lesser teams. i think we win.

Reactions: diadevic
The only question I have is does the Texas secondary hand Hurts the Heisman tomorrow or do they make him wait until the Big 12 CCG?

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
i'm gonna throw this out there, and i may be way off. but the ou o-line is susceptible. i still don't think hurts can throw-- the really really good wrs bail him out a lot, and the scheme is always good so that helps cover his warts. i don't think he KILLS us running. the ou rb is questionable, i believe (?). now we have our problems as well-- can't really generate a rush without bringing extra, secondary banged up and inexperienced. but bottom line, i think our lines are more physical and our qb isn't a little better; i think our qb is a LOT better. may be the orange kool-aid i'm drinking, but i just think we're better. but nobody knows because we have played teams with pulses and even when we don't-- and this could be a legitimate flaw-- we don't smash the gas on lesser teams. i think we win.
Our Oline is new sans the center. Of the starters on Oline this year our 2 starting Tackles are hurt. There will be opportunities for Texas to exploit that but I think our Oline coach does a good job getting other guys to step up

Sure, but in the last two games vs OU it was Texas that scored early and often. The refs put the breaks on Texas in the B12 CCG so that the B12 could get a team in the playoffs.

Now, Texas has one loss already and that is to LSU. Does the B12 believe that Texas cannot make the playoff with the loss to LSU? Also, will the B12 do the same as last year and determine the winner through the officiating to get OU into the playoff? Nowhere to hide penalty stats..... They are blatant for everyone to see in the boxscore. It's time for the Texas brass to stand up and kick some ass just as the team will do tomorrow.
Nueces, let’s save the excuses for after the game hoss. These preemptive excuses do nothing to bolster the confidence you should have in your team. Look, OU lost the whole starting Oline from last year sans the center, we have a transfer qb that’s been in the system all of 6 mos. , we have a new DC that the players are still trying to adapt to his new system. I’d say Texas has everything going for it in this game and a loss would be inexcusable considering all OU is replacing thus year.

Last edited:
hurts? meh. seriously, meh. once we got around to saying "hey, don't rush as wide as possible and open up the middle" what did he do?

now lamb... that dude's a baller.

also, they whipped us up front. did NOT see that coming. hopefully, try it again in december.

Reactions: Belldozer1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT