ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Jones

is anyone else disappointed with his play, or lack of play making ability?

Am I being too harsh? Am I expecting too much?

I am disappointed that the depth behind Jim is so bad, that we won’t take him off the field.

He takes angles like he hasn’t adjusted to the fact that he isn’t the best athlete on the field anymore. In addition, he regularly looks lost in coverage.

I thought we signed one of the best safety’s in the country in February. Evidently, we didn’t.

He's only a sophomore. Look where Holton Hill was last year compared to this year. Same with Malik, Elliot, Hagar. They all took big jumps their Junior year. He still has time to turn it around.

Man you just brought up Hager we won't see him next week till the second half and I bet he plays pissed off

So I gather from the responses that my expectation was too high coming into this season.

He obviously has the talent, I have just been frustrated because he has missed several opportunities to make game changing plays.

I haven't given up on him, not even close. Just looking for some dialogue.

I guess it all depends on how you define special. I see a kid that keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

He's young and is still developing a as player. IMO, he'll be a very good player before his time is up at Texas.

Typical step taken as a sophomore, look much better to draftable as a junior...this path is common.

jones made a heckuva big play saturday at the goalline that was great effort. and until the major bust, he was locking down the oklahoma TE. he had that bust, true, but until that point he put the clamps down on a dude that everybody has a tough time matching up with. i'm optimistic

Reactions: weevilcatch
The fact of the matter is that Jones made THE play of the game that changed the course of the final outcome...it's debatable at the very least.

Yes...he's been less than stellar at times this season BUT that single play turned the "proverbial worm" that allowed Texas to gain the advantage !

Reactions: weevilcatch
colt mccoy was on a lot of crap lists after his redshirt soph season too. i think jones is a true soph. as spur said, when the light comes on, it comes on. he's showing enough for me to believe we're not barking up the wrong tree with this guy

ADVERTISEMENT