ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri & A&M!

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
Won't happen

but

would have been in everyones' best interests.

1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

Yup, you need to learn to move on! No need to hold on to something not worth arguing over...

Originally posted by 12375CAT:
Originally posted by TexExSpur:
Silly
No more Nebraska vs Oklahoma.

No more Kansas vs Missouri.

No more Texas vs A&M.

Yes, very silly!

ec

Sorry but no one cares about missing Mizzou vs Kansas. Not even the people in that area. And outside of those states, no one even knew those two teams had a 'thing', much less a rivalry.

People do care about Nebraska vs OU. Thats up there. Like I live nowhere near OSU vs Michigan, but care about that game. I'd much sooner watch Boise vs Idaho or Utah vs Utah St than KU vs Mizzou. Is KU even allowed to play football any more?

I still believe that arkie is the best fit as an all around program and geographical location. I just hope and pray that the B12 stays away from smu or houston. No matter how good they get or how much they invest.

Originally posted by westx:
I still believe that arkie is the best fit as an all around program and geographical location. I just hope and pray that the B12 stays away from smu or houston. No matter how good they get or how much they invest.
Agree with this all.

Why would Arkansas want to go to the Big12? That will never, ever happen. No team in the SEC would consider the Big12. Not a single.one.

Originally posted by mm42:
Why would Arkansas want to go to the Big12? That will never, ever happen. No team in the SEC would consider the Big12. Not a single.one.
Arrogant much?

Aggie will be begging back eventually.

Which SEC team do you think would be interested in the BIG12? Everyone knows the answer.

Originally posted by mm42:
Which SEC team do you think would be interested in the BIG12? Everyone knows the answer.
Agree!

Y'all would have a better chance reuniting the original SWC

than

prying loose ANY team from the $EC

to (re)join the B12!

But y'all agree with me

that

WE have the very superior conference

because

1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

I don't really miss any of the teams except maybe Missouri.

Nebraska, A&M and Colorado are underachievers in almost all of the big 3 sports. Missouri is decent in football, but suck now in baseball and basketball.

In terms of actual competition, I think we upgraded with both TCU and West Virginia.

I wouldn't mind playing Nebraska and A&M in nonconference games/series, but "meh" they simply aren't very good in the Big 3 sports. TCU is a better program than Nebraska and A&M right now in football. West Virginia, A&M and Nebraska are all about the same right now in football. TCU> Nebraska and A&M in baseball. TCU, Nebraska, and A&M are all about the same in basketball. West Virginia > Nebraska and A&M in basketball.
This post was edited on 2/28 8:51 PM by utisdabomb12

Not sure if Jstow or Bomb are funnier on here.

This post was edited on 3/1 1:14 PM by AggieEric78

I don't want any of them, nor do I want Texas in the Big 12, it works for right now but when the next round of TV contracts comes up, Texas will likely make a move to either B1G, Pac 12 or ACC. Or the Mouse is going to have to pay up again for the whole Big 12.

Originally posted by Son of Wasatch:
I don't want any of them, nor do I want Texas in the Big 12, it works for right now but when the next round of TV contracts comes up, Texas will likely make a move to either B1G, Pac 12 or ACC. Or the Mouse is going to have to pay up again for the whole Big 12.
Yep. And that big payday isn't happening again. Please let it be the Pac-12 -- and not the B1G.

They all deserted the Big 12 and can go F themselves. If I was the Conference Commissioner, I would not consider inviting these four quitters back into the conference. The B12 is doing just fine without them.

Not necessarily interested in inviting them back; however keeping those 4 and then adding TCU and WVU to get the Conference to 14 wouldn't have been to bad of an idea.

No need. The Big XII just needs to get rid of its retarded co-champ thing (especially after having the ridiculously false "One True Champion" motto). Baylor would've gotten into the playoffs last year if the Big XII would've rightly named them sole conference champion.

Originally posted by Scholz:
Baylor would've gotten into the playoffs last year if the Big XII would've rightly named them sole conference champion.
True, which is Crazy as the Team that won the Playoff (tOSU) wouldn't have even been in the playoff.

Has Kansas vs Mizzouri mattered since Josie Wells killed Capt Redlegs?

Personally I would prefer we brought back the SWC and Big 8. The big,Pac and SEC go back to 10. Put the Acc back to 8 and have a bunch of independent schools again.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

With the advent of the CFB playoff system and the new Power 5 rules around self regulation and compensations I'd be willing to wager that conferences as we know them won't exist in 10-15 years. I'm guessing a good chunk of the Power 5 schools will separate into their own division and the lesser schools(including some currently in Power 5) will go the way of FCS.

ADVERTISEMENT