ADVERTISEMENT

Brother Stoops

They have become so spoiled up there. That is what entitlement looks like. Who are they going to get?

Who on staff could be worse? Probably use Ruffin or Diaco as interim and hopefully make solid hire for next year.

Nueces, we’ve put up with his pathetic ass for several years. He blew the Georgia game as well as others. We’ve managed to win some video game type games against not so great teams. I don’t think entitled is very accurate. We still have the same players that haven’t tackled anyone yet.

They have become so spoiled up there. That is what entitlement looks like. Who are they going to get?

I don’t know about that. I think it’s what a program that refuses to accept mediocrity looks like. Not saying it will work out for them, but OU has never been a program to tolerate anything other than excellence for very long, whether that means recourse to solutions within the rules or not.

I mentioned a long time ago in a thread when Riley became head coach that I thought OUs defense would suffer because of the style of play that Riley wants to run. It will get a little worse each year. When your focus is on offense and the practices are run to get a bunch of plays the defense suffers. I don’t think a new DC will help much unless Riley changes some things on his end as well.

I mentioned a long time ago in a thread when Riley became head coach that I thought OUs defense would suffer because of the style of play that Riley wants to run. It will get a little worse each year. When your focus is on offense and the practices are run to get a bunch of plays the defense suffers. I don’t think a new DC will help much unless Riley changes some things on his end as well.

There may well be something to that (I hope so). They were thrilled when Venables was run out of town too, and he’s done nothing but excel at Clemson.

DH you make good points. Lincoln May re-evaluate his offense? But even it we get worse this season a change had to be made.

If true this is the best news I’ve heard in a good while. Really, I don’t care who the DC is to finish out the year. At least the fill in DC will have somewhat of an excuse if his D isn’t very good. Stoops has no excuse for that performance yesterday. Not saying Texas didn’t play a good game but our D was pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyRay
When Texas scores 48 points with their offense, you have no choice. They scored 10 offensive points on
K-State and then Tulsa before that was 28 I think. OU was the worst of your opponents on defense. Start looking for a new DC for 2019. This year be rough but I like it.

A little advice for you Sooners. I don't know where he is now, but don't even think about Greg Robinson. That dude was horrible, and could never come in mid season and improve a defense. Would only make things worse. Trust me.

Last edited:

Spoiled by winning maybe, but not spoiled by good defense. Or even average defense.

I don't know enough about football defense to offer an intelligent opinion on what was the exact problem.

But seeing you guys light us up like a Christmas tree yesterday, when you struggled to move the ball on K-state a week ago, was the last straw for me.

Something was terribly, terribly wrong on that side of the ball for OU.

Last edited:
Spoiled by winning maybe, but not spoiled by good defense. Or even average defense.

I don't know enough about football defense to offer an intelligent opinion on what was the exact problem.

But seeing you guy light us up like a Christmas tree yesterday, when you struggled to move the ball on K-state a week ago, was the last straw for me.

Something was terribly, terribly wrong on that side of the ball for OU.

Has been since 2005. Your program sold its soul to score points and win shootouts. You’ve slowly turned into Tech over the last decade. I don’t think that’ll change as long as LR is your coach.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Does that make two Stoopsies that got fired because of Lincoln Riley ( I know bob technically resigned, but, I think LR was getting offers)? ou just threw out the wife and kids to keep the hot young girlfriend. JMHO

Does that make two Stoopsies that got fired because of Lincoln Riley ( I know bob technically resigned, but, I think LR was getting offers)? ou just threw out the wife and kids to keep the hot young girlfriend. JMHO
Who cares, Riley is top 2 or 3 OC in CFB Imo and would run a lot of top coaches off, regardless of last name.

If we get a good DC and can recruit better our offense will be fine. It’s not like we have a bunch of 3 and punt. We have 3 and TD. Don’t have to pitch shutouts, just get some friggin stops.

When Texas scores 48 points with their offense, you have no choice. They scored 10 offensive points on
K-State and then Tulsa before that was 28 I think. OU was the worst of your opponents on defense. Start looking for a new DC for 2019. This year be rough but I like it.
Sam played his best game Saturday. He was able to throw the deep ball & Keaontay was healthy too.

The OU offense had 3 turnovers too.

Sam played his best game Saturday. He was able to throw the deep ball & Keaontay was healthy too.

The OU offense had 3 turnovers too.
4mn tell me this, did KSU blitz and pressure Sam a lot? I said this yesterday and I'll say it again. I've seen Sam play 2 games where I thought he played good the whole game, both of those have been in Dallas. Yesterday Stoops brought a delayed blitz one time that I can recall that resulted in a sack. I do not recall him calling another blitz the entire game. Instead we kept lining up in our "4-2" which is actually a 3 down lineman with an undersized jack linebacker as a DE that gets run the hell over more times than not.

4mn tell me this, did KSU blitz and pressure Sam a lot? I said this yesterday and I'll say it again. I've seen Sam play 2 games where I thought he played good the whole game, both of those have been in Dallas. Yesterday Stoops brought a delayed blitz one time that I can recall that resulted in a sack. I do not recall him calling another blitz the entire game. Instead we kept lining up in our "4-2" which is actually a 3 down lineman with an undersized jack linebacker as a DE that gets run the hell over more times than not.

Dude, you guys blitzed a lot, we just kept picking them up and getting them blocked. Don't forget our starting center, and best offensive lineman, was finally healthy and played his first full game. That could be a big reason we looked better than other games.

Reactions: Belldozer1
ADVERTISEMENT