ADVERTISEMENT

Buckeyes

bschroed21

Sep 6, 2006
Fun to watch an offense that executes so well, even enduring the turnovers. Frustrating to watch G. Wilson make plays all over the place . . . much like it was frustrating to watch Dobbins . . . and how it will be frustrating to watch Ewers. Urban’s finger prints still felt there I believe. Recruiting so well. High level expectations. High level performance.

Fun to watch an offense that executes so well, even enduring the turnovers. Frustrating to watch G. Wilson make plays all over the place . . . much like it was frustrating to watch Dobbins . . . and how it will be frustrating to watch Ewers. Urban’s finger prints still felt there I believe. Recruiting so well. High level expectations. High level performance.

Well for IN it's back to normal. I watched the first half there's no need to watch anymore.

Is the Ewers going to tOSU?

Well I did turn it back on lol. And while they made a comeback I never doubted that tOSU would hold them off. That left handed qb of theirs is a good one but IN has no running game and Im not convinced they are top 10 good. I said at the beginning of the season that eams would overachieve and other teams would underachieve. And all this is because this season has been impacted. by the coronavirus. I mean Coastal Carolina and Liberty in the top 20 that would never happen in a normal season

HookemHorns

If we can’t get Urban I would give Matt Campbell a blank check and let him fill it in. Iowa state just based on resources, location and history shouldn’t be anywhere near contending
That would be a Charlie Strong 2.0 hire. There is some really good juco’s in the Iowa and Kansas area that both them and K State recruit very well. I just don’t want a guy with not much head coaching experience like Campbell. It’s gonna have to be a home run hire or bust type of thing.

Well I did turn it back on lol. And while they made a comeback I never doubted that tOSU would hold them off. That left handed qb of theirs is a good one but IN has no running game and Im not convinced they are top 10 good. I said at the beginning of the season that eams would overachieve and other teams would underachieve. And all this is because this season has been impacted. by the coronavirus. I mean Coastal Carolina and Liberty in the top 20 that would never happen in a normal season

HookemHorns

I agree that this season has created some strange results. I mean penn state is going to be 0-5. Which is why I don’t see many schools making massive change based on this year. Based on what they’ve done Liberty and coastal would probably be 20-25 or just outside the top 25 in a normal season.

That would be a Charlie Strong 2.0 hire. There is some really good juco’s in the Iowa and Kansas area that both them and K State recruit very well. I just don’t want a guy with not much head coaching experience like Campbell. It’s gonna have to be a home run hire or bust type of thing.
Oh come on Matt Campbell is not Charlie Strong. That is an asinine comparison. We have to be prepared for Urban to say no because it might happen, and if our position is that only Urban can win at Texas that may say more about Texas than it does any of the other coaches in the country. On the Texas coaching scale if Strong is the worst and Mack/DKR are the best... Campbell probably falls somewhere closer to Mack than he does Charlie.

Last edited:
If we can’t get Urban I would give Matt Campbell a blank check and let him fill it in. Iowa state just based on resources, location and history shouldn’t be anywhere near contending
A couple weeks ago it was Justin fuente, then It was hugh freeze, now it’s Matt Campbell. I wonder who it will be next week.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Oh come on Matt Campbell is not Charlie Strong. That is an asinine comparison. We have to be prepared for Urban to say no because it might happen, and if our position is that only Urban can win at Texas that may say more about Texas than it does any of the other coaches in the country. On the Texas coaching scale if Strong is the worst and Mack/DKR are the best... Campbell probably falls somewhere closer to Mack than he does Charlie.
And how do you figure that? What are you basing this off of? He has been a head coach for what 4 years at Iowa State and is like 31-27. I’m failing to see what you are basing this off of.

ADVERTISEMENT