ADVERTISEMENT

BUY the Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
If ya planning to come down here at the coast, here in Corpus they are mandatory masked, they are writing 500 tickets if ya don't have one, HEB and Walmart will not let you in..

These Coastal Bend areas are now requiring face masks: Port Aransas, Jim Hogg and Brooks Counties
Port Aransas is the latest in list of Texas counties who have issued an order requiring face masks to be worn by employees at all commercial and retail businesses.

Author: KIII Staff
Published: 11:02 AM CDT June 19, 2020
Updated: 10:01 PM CDT June 19, 2020
PORT ARANSAS
Port Aransas Mayor Charles Bujan has implemented an order requiring masks be worn in certain circumstances within the city limits.

Here is what the order says:

WHEREAS, pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 418.108, Port Aransas Mayor declared a state of local disaster due to imminent threat arising from COVID-19;
WHEREAS, there currently still exists a declaration of public health disaster in and for the State of Texas as declared by Texas Governor Greg Abbott and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS); and
WHEREAS, the transmission of COVID-19 has not dissipated but remains a significant threat to the health and safety of the Port Aransas Community.
I hereby issue the following Order.
Effective as of 12:01 p.m. on Wednesday, the 24th day of June, 2020
("Effective Date"), and continuing through 11 :59 p.m. on July 1st, 2020 unless
extended, modified or terminated earlier or as otherwise indicated below:
I. Face Masks - Commercial Entities. From the effective date of this Order, all commercial entities in Port Aransas providing goods and/or services directly to the public must require that all employees, customers and visitors to the commercial entity's business premises or other facilities wear face coverings when in an area or performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible. Commercial entities must post this Order in a conspicuous location sufficient to provide notice to employees, customers and visitors. Failure to abide by and comply with this Order may result in a fine not to exceed $1,000 for each violation.
II. Miscellaneous Recommendations. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU NOT OBTAIN OR WEAR MEDICAL MASKS or N-95 RESPIRATORS AS THEY ARE A NEEDED RESOURCE FOR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS AND FIRST RESPONDERS. Our healthcare workers and first responders on the front-line combating COVID-19 must have priority access to medical masks or other personal protective equipment. Face coverings do not need to be worn in the following circumstances:
• When outside
• While driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver
• When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety, or security risk
• While pumping gas or operating outdoor equipment
• While in a building or activity that requires security surveillance or screening, for example, banks
• When consuming food or drink

Port A-Misc/Mayoral Order re face masks

https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news...uYqqmpVqSeUOYTAsEYCniPN5oyR5vzJXzcNkYfVD-c3LM

Might save ya 500 bucks..they are writing tickets everywhere here in CC..

9th Mayoral Order of Public Health Disaster

• When indoors exercising
Please note that face coverings are a secondary strategy to other mitigation efforts. Face coverings are not a replacement for social distancing, frequent hand washing, and self-isolation when sick. All people should follow CDC recommendations for how to wear and take off a mask. Residents should keep up the following habits while in public:
• washing hands before you leave home and when you return,
• staying at least six feet away from others,
• avoiding touching nose or face,
• not using disposable masks more than three times, and
• washing reusable cloth masks regularly to prevent the spread of the virus.
Consistent with Executive Order GA-26 issued by Governor Greg Abbott, no civil or criminal penalty will be imposed on individuals for failure to wear a face covering.
III. No Fine. Consistent with Executive Order GA-26 issued by Governor Greg Abbott, no civil or criminal penalty will be imposed on employees, customers or visitors for failure to wear a face covering.
IV. Severability. The sections, paragraphs, sentences, clauses and phrases of this Executive Order are severable and if any phrase, clause, sentence, paragraph or section of this Executive Order should be declared invalid by the final judgment or decree of any court or competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect any of the remaining phrases, clauses, sentences, paragraphs and sections that can be given effect without the invalid provision, and to this end, the provisions of this Executive Order are severable.
V. lntemretation and Additional Terms. To the greatest extent possible, this Executive Order shall be interpreted as consistent with and supplemental to any executive order issued by the Texas Governor.
VI. Enforcement. In accordance with the limitations contained in the executive orders of Governor Greg Abbott, any peace officer or other person with lawful authority is hereby authorized to enforce the provisions of this Order in accordance with the authority granted under the Texas Disaster Act of 1975.
ORDERED this 19 day of June, 2020.

BROOKS COUNTY
Brooks County officials announced they are implementing a new order requiring all commercial and retail business establishments to mandate employees and customers to wear a face mask.

According to Brooks County officials, the new order was signed today and will be presented to the Commissioner's Court next week for full approval.

If the Commissioner's Court fails to approve the order, it will expire in seven days.

Brooks County officials say they have three positive cases of COVID-19, in which one patient has recovered, but surrounding areas continue to have surges of cases. Brooks County officials also say they will be joining Bexar and Hidalgo County with the order that goes into effect at midnight on Thursday, June 18.

However, Brooks County officials say all commercial and business establishments will not have to enforce the order until 12:01 a.m. on Monday, June 22.

"I continue to be surprised at the number of local residents that seem to be ignoring common sense and proven preventative measures. The new order reminds all of us that we are dependent on each other. One person's actions can affect all of us. We cannot be selfish during these times, we must respect everyone's right to live a safe and healthy life." stated County Judge, Eric Ramos.

"Our move today is for the health and safety of all Brooks County citizens, especially our vulnerable population," added County Judge Ramos.

Officials say failure to abide by the order could lead to a fine of up to $1000.

JIM HOGG COUNTY
Jim Hogg County officials have announced that Judge Juan Carlos Guerra has issued an order mandating all employees or customers at commercial and retail businesses to wear a face mask.

According to Judge Guerra, the order will require all employees or customers to wear some form of covering over their mouth and nose.

The covering can be homemade, such as a scarf, bandanna, or handkerchief, but must be worn when in close contact or proximity to coworkers or customers.

The order will go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, June 20, and can result in a fine of $1000 for each violation.

Jim Hogg County is joining Bexar, Hidalgo, Webb, and Brooks County with the new order that will be implemented for “Health and Safety Practices".

"Local Store Managers attended an afternoon meeting where we announced the County Order to them and answered any questions and offered clarification to any concerns regarding the Order. All businesses will receive a copy of Order by tomorrow," stated Judge Juan Carlos Guerra in a social media post.

"Thank you to the Store Managers that we're able to attend the last-minute meeting this afternoon. We had business representatives present from Stripes, Kwik Pantry, Lowe’s Supermarket, Church’s Fried Chicken, Hillcrest Grocery, Hillcrest Tortillas, Bryan’s Stop N Shop, Pizza Inn, SuKasa Grill and Bar, Las Lomitas Restaurant, Pepper’s Restaurant, Alamo Lumber Company, Dollar General, and Napa Auto Parts," added Guerra.

Judge Guerra says his decision is based on wanting business to continue in operation, but also wanting to make sure that we are doing everything we can to keep our community safe.

More from 3News on KIIITV.com:

By the way

Was watching a commercial yesterday soliciting for people who have had Covid 19 to donate plasma.

I don't know shit about shit when it comes to medicine and even I knew that people who get the kung flu and survived would have antibodies that the rest of us could use to fight this thing.

Why the hell didn't doctors know this? I have serious reservations about the competency of the medical profession if it took them this long to figure this out.

Young healthy people should be allowed to do what ever they want let them get it and pass it to their friends, the rest of use can stay home wear our masks and when we get it, not if but when, we can get the necessary plasma to fight it.

It was stupid to try and shut down our economy for this. You shut down the old people not the young. If they do it again it will be a disaster for us.

shut down the old people
So you want to Fu^k with us old people, you start that and you might get ya ass whipped or I will sic Stranger on ya ass and then when he gets tired,I'll let Bubba finish your ass off! Most of us stay at Home, its the young ones going to the beach an d fuking in the Sun that filling the ICU's now and getting sick cause they didn't have the patience to stay quarantined longer, the unemployed crying we wanna go back to work and we lost our job well Boo Hoo shit, they getting 600 Hun a week unemployment plus a 1200 Stim check, you middle aged dudes are almost the same no restraint, what do you think I go fishing by myself and the boys? cause I stay at home all the time cause of this crap going around, I go to HEB twice a week looking like a Devo band member in a yellow suit and mask and get my stuff very fast, old people stay at home mostly, I oughta UPS Bubba to tear ya ass up for that comment! You probably think its us old peoples fault cause ya not getting any Snatch...

I live in Fredericksburg and we have had 11 covid infections in our County. There are over 20,000 tourists here this weekend, probably a bunch from San Antonio and Austin. I see very few with their masks on. I guess we will all get the virus but 99.4% will survive it. The main worry should be the nursing homes and elderly. Shutting down our economy was not the answer. Now after the quarantine we have people just tired of all the fear bs and now they are letting their guard down. We just need to work through it as best we can and still go to work and live our lives. I am done with shutting down everything. This is not the black plague, sorry to BLM for saying "black plague". Oh wait, I am really not sorry for saying a term that has nothing to do with race. Nor am I sorry loving our Eyes of Texas song which also has nothing to do with race.

So you want to Fu^k with us old people, you start that and you might get ya ass whipped or I will sic Stranger on ya ass and then when he gets tired,I'll let Bubba finish your ass off! Most of us stay at Home, its the young ones going to the beach an d fuking in the Sun that filling the ICU's now and getting sick cause they didn't have the patience to stay quarantined longer, the unemployed crying we wanna go back to work and we lost our job well Boo Hoo shit, they getting 600 Hun a week unemployment plus a 1200 Stim check, you middle aged dudes are almost the same no restraint, what do you think I go fishing by myself and the boys? cause I stay at home all the time cause of this crap going around, I go to HEB twice a week looking like a Devo band member in a yellow suit and mask and get my stuff very fast, old people stay at home mostly, I oughta UPS Bubba to tear ya ass up for that comment! You probably think its us old peoples fault cause ya not getting any Snatch...

That's right you old coot, stay your butt in the house and live, or go out with the kids and get your kung flu with the rest of the tools out there.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
everybody knows that young people are about as smart as a box full of hair, but I try and stay patient.They want to go back to having fun and think it is ok to get the virus. For them that is possibly correct.

MM that mask isnt there to protect your body. It is there to protect the rest of us from your body.

everybody knows that young people are about as smart as a box full of hair, but I try and stay patient.They want to go back to having fun and think it is ok to get the virus. For them that is possibly correct.

MM that mask isnt there to protect your body. It is there to protect the rest of us from your body.

If masks work, then why didn't they pass them out in the jail in Harris County and not let inmates out for fear of the virus spreading inside of the jail? After all, according to some, "masks work and they're the end-all". Also, we didn't see the "protesters" wearing masks while they were "peacefully protesting". Not a word was mentioned about that. Yet Trump holds a rally and people lose their minds, saying that the rally was irresponsible and is spreading the virus. Hypocrites. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Belldozer1
anyone going into a crowd of unmasked people is rolling the dice for sure. No matter what the crowd is there for.

The mortality rate for those under 70 is .04%. Wtf? Those are flu numbers. Why are we destroying our country over this? Someone is trying to play us against each other. It's time to yank Soros and his ngo's out to the gallows. The libs and their masters really don't like Trump draining their swamp. Vote Trump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT