ADVERTISEMENT

Bye bye Barnes

I agree. Glad you put Texas on the basketball map but we need a coach who can get players that can put the ball in the bucket. The last few years have been so ugly on offense that it isnt fun to even watch. No shooters, and players that cant hit a freethrow to save their lives.

Not sure UT BB was actually on the map. This has been a stagnant underachieving program for the past few years, last year being the exception. It's way past time for Barnes to be reassigned and for UT to take a fresh approach.

Well, Coach Barnes go go back to fomenting trouble in Ukraine and upgrading his armed forces.

RB_zps73bf2bd5.jpg

Shaka Smart .....Bruce Miller....Barney Miller....anyone but Barns

true Barking....but it was easier to take back in the day when he was successful.

Lance blanks,Travis mays, and Joey wright put us on the map homie.

"Let's dance with Lance"

"BMW the ultimate scoring machine"

The fact we could be down by 20 and then start launching 3's from crazy spots and make them. We were the hottest ticket in the tourney that year. The elite 8 match up with arky was going at 5 times face value.

True enough Clob...that was the real deal there.....but in all fairness....UT BB was a total joke not even an afterthought until Abe Lemmons got us going in the right direction.

Agree re Abe Lemmons, in particular the 1st year moving from Gregory Gym to the Drum. Johnny Moore, Krivacs, Tyrone, fat kid from LA.

Tall white guy name Tyrone. Abe to Tyrone..."quit running down there and standing in the same spot, you're gonna were the wood out". The Drum rocked and it was loud every game.

Abe was almost as good with a quip as DKR...almost....he didnt like those conference tournaments.. He said....we play all year to see who wins and then go to the tournament to see who loses...

Travis Mays was one of the toughest players I've ever seen. At 6'2" he's guard a guy 6'8" or a point guard, was fearless driving to the hoop and could knock down the 3. I loved watching him compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT