ADVERTISEMENT

Byron Hobbs: 3* LB commits

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
LB out of FW area. Staff has been high on him. Hopefully the beginning of some momentum. Getting Casey Thompson next week (he announces I believe on Thursday), would really get ball rolling.

Hook Em!

Not a great crop at LB this year. The only two higher ranked guys we are still after are Gainer and Orji. I think Hobbs has a lot of upside.

Good pick up. Really athletic LB. also plays WR for his HS team.

I think we see another lb offer go out tomorrow ta Dashawn White. If not tomorrow he may be offered mater. He's the thumper LB.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Good pick up. Really athletic LB. also plays WR for his HS team.

I think we see another lb offer go out tomorrow ta Dashawn White. If not tomorrow he may be offered mater. He's the thumper LB.

Very athletic. The first highlight in his hudl is him taking a short pass to the house. At 6'3-6'4 he has plenty of frame to add some weight to (currently about 205). It'll be interesting to see how much weight he can put on over the next year before he gets to our campus. I'd imagine a redshirt year to finish developing his body and all the LB talent we already have.

With his speed, he could definitely fit as a OLB in the big 12. If he bulks up I could see a move to ILB or even DE depending on where he lands with weight.

We don't have many other active targets at this point. With Hobbs in the fold (and shutting things down, ie cancelling OU visit) I could see us taking 1-2 more LBs. I don't think the staff will be too stressed to sign a big LB class this year.

We are still in with 4 stars Gainer and Orji. We made top 6 cut for Gainer, though I think it'll be tough to pull him out of Florida. Orji seems like a Texas-OU battle right now and a much more likely commit for us. Orji, Hobbs and White would be a good haul in this cycle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT