ADVERTISEMENT

Chances in the SEC

Yeah but all those SEC teams won’t be circling us on the calendar like the Big 12 teams did. Most have their own big rivalries to worry about, and therefore won’t have time to save their best for Texas.
Disagree...you are new to the SEC and you still have a very big logo on your helmet. Still a blue blood that everyone will want to beat. Yes, Bama is the big dog here, but teams will want to beat the hell out of both teams to give them a welcome.

OU is ahead of Texas in football. No denying that fact. Texas owns all other sports. We will be on the SEC network a lot outside of football.

Let me guess, winning and being better than other teams in your conference offends you?
Where are your reading comprehension skills? We are not good enough to win in the SEC right now? Look at those w/l records one more time does that indicate to you in any way shape or form that were ready for the SEC? And if Sarkisian doesn't get the job we'll fall even more behind.

I'm predicting OU comes in and resumes spanking Aggie from the get go. You struggled mightily in the Big 12 and have struggled mightily in the SEC. Not all teams follow your business model. I don't recall that Florida defense being decimated when OU played them last year and they were soft as butter. Weren't they conference champs or something Chucklz
We see what happens when teams lose some of their best players. It isn't the same. Teams don't play the same. This isn't 10 years ago. A&M is built differently now. Jimbo has done a damn good job of getting his players. They are all his now. The lines are stacked on both sides. The defense is getting really stacked. Texas will be better than OU in the SEC. They have a team that will be more equipped for it. Kansas State has been your daddy the past couple of years. Imagine what will happen when you have to face real teams each week.

Reactions: SPRR80
Yeah but all those SEC teams won’t be circling us on the calendar like the Big 12 teams did. Most have their own big rivalries to worry about, and therefore won’t have time to save their best for Texas.
Metcalf I have 100% unconditional respect for your fb opinions always have. But you're talking about TX always getting everyone's best game. This year we will have a giant bulls-eye on our back and that includes OK and that will especially concern me when we play TCU and ISU.

We see what happens when teams lose some of their best players. It isn't the same. Teams don't play the same. This isn't 10 years ago. A&M is built differently now. Jimbo has done a damn good job of getting his players. They are all his now. The lines are stacked on both sides. The defense is getting really stacked. Texas will be better than OU in the SEC. They have a team that will be more equipped for it. Kansas State has been your daddy the past couple of years. Imagine what will happen when you have to face real teams each week.
That Florida defense didn't lose some of their best players and were soft. OU's defense has been improving, finished 29th I believe last year in total defense. Nothing to write home about yet but I expect it to be much improved this year. I don't see doom and gloom for OU in the SEC at all. Again A&M wasn't winning in the Big 12, OU has. Not sure why you think OU will struggle like your team has? That qb yall ran out there the last couple years makes it petty apparent Jumbo is a bad judge of talent. Mond was the absolute suck.

Reactions: Lampasas
Dude, we beat KS the last four years and laid down 69 on them last year so I’m calling BS on your post. Real teams, comparably? Laughable. We’re only a couple years removed from whipping GA in a big bowl when everyone, including you, assumed we’d get our asses kicked. Took the ‘19 NFL LSU team to the final couple of minutes. How’d it work out for you that year? Built differently? What, are you guys using stronger steel than other teams outside the SEC? C’mon stop with the SEC propaganda. Texas will do just fine with our new SEC branding partner while aggy finds their place back at the same table struggling for scraps.

Disagree...you are new to the SEC and you still have a very big logo on your helmet. Still a blue blood that everyone will want to beat. Yes, Bama is the big dog here, but teams will want to beat the hell out of both teams to give them a welcome.
Bottom line, we only had one big rival to get up for, while we were everybody else’s biggest rival. Not the case in the SEC. Also works the other way. We often played flat against the TCUs and Baylors of the world. We won’t have any problem getting up for the LSUs, Auburns, and Tennessees of the world, not to mention the two big rivalries we renew. Look at the LSU game in 2019. Do you think if Iowa State gets us that excited we lose to them? I don’t.

• Haha
Reactions: SPRR80
Hey guys, havent posted on here in awhile and hope everyone is doing well! Actually visting Austin for a concert in August. First time ive been back since school days in 07.

With that said who actually belives we can COMEPETE in the SEC. Not 7 win seasons with a upset here and there but actually compete for a championship? If you think we can, how long do you think it takes?

I was listening to a Pod cast about this and ill use a quote from that.." just because you can afford to be in the rich neighborhood, doesn't mean you should live there. Maybe you enjoy the smaller house and neighborhood but have some disposable income. Maybe some family vacations..some fun money..?

I hope we come in and compete. I hope our recruiting takes a much needed boost. I'm excited to get to play aggie again and trash talk about the on the field instead of the past. I'm excited about getting to play my wife's school Tennessee every now and then.

Im also stoked about this year in what MAY be our final year in the big 12..

Anyways hope to hear yalls thoughts, have a good rest of the offseason because football is here!!

Hook'em
Texas will be up for the challenge. Dusted off Georgia in the Sugar, lost to BlowU in 4 OT's, beat Mizzou and lost to the eventual National Champion LSU after a crucial dropped TD pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
Geez man. Your negativity and glass half empty post(s) are dripping with liberalism and wokeness bleeding over into a UT sports bulletin board.

You should check out “30 steps to become a professional life sucker”. You’d be president of the club.
And you're putting the cart ahead of the horse. I haven't seen one person on here who has said that Sarkisian is going to make us a national power. And what's wrong with tradition? I'm old school when it comes to college fb. You guys don't care that college fb is being destroyed.

Dude, we beat KS the last four years and laid down 69 on them last year so I’m calling BS on your post. Real teams, comparably? Laughable. We’re only a couple years removed from whipping GA in a big bowl when everyone, including you, assumed we’d get our asses kicked. Took the ‘19 NFL LSU team to the final couple of minutes. How’d it work out for you that year? Built differently? What, are you guys using stronger steel than other teams outside the SEC? C’mon stop with the SEC propaganda. Texas will do just fine with our new SEC branding partner while aggy finds their place back at the same table struggling for scraps.
K-State was for OU...Georgia again was missing several players as they opted out of the bowl game. When players do that it most certainly flattens a team out. Texas wanted to be there because they haven't played in a bowl like that in a while. It was a mini super bowl to them. Georgia just missed out on an SEC title and playoff spot, so they were a little disappointed. They shouldn't have been, that was on them, but they didn't come out and play like they gave a damn. That was covered by media before the game was ever played. They had a crap attitude and that was on Smart.

Belldozer you use the UK daily mail as a source which is sad.
If the stories are true what difference does it make where they come from and in case you haven’t noticed(which I know you have) the dailymail doesn’t coddle crooked joe

That Florida defense didn't lose some of their best players and were soft. OU's defense has been improving, finished 29th I believe last year in total defense. Nothing to write home about yet but I expect it to be much improved this year. I don't see doom and gloom for OU in the SEC at all. Again A&M wasn't winning in the Big 12, OU has. Not sure why you think OU will struggle like your team has? That qb yall ran out there the last couple years makes it petty apparent Jumbo is a bad judge of talent. Mond was the absolute suck.
There weren't many other options at QB. He has his guys now that he recruited. The QB room looks a LOT better. They are solid in the trenches and have a monster running game. Jimbo believes in controlling the clock and playing great defense. He is finally reaching that point. I'm not saying OU or Texas will bad in the SEC. What I'm saying is that winning the recruiting battle in the Big 12 and being the big fish there doesn't translate to winning the recruiting battle in the SEC. Again, you weren't higher than 5th in the SEC and 8th a couple of years ago. What gets you first or second in the Big 12 ALWAYS, gets you middle of the road in the SEC. The talent can catch up with you. You will do fine, but it might look like 3-4 losses instead of 1-2 like you are used to right now. I do feel like you will adjust and recruit much better, but I do not think you guys are going to come in and do what you think you are going to do. There are more teams that can beat you and are more talented than you.

K-State was for OU...Georgia again was missing several players as they opted out of the bowl game. When players do that it most certainly flattens a team out. Texas wanted to be there because they haven't played in a bowl like that in a while. It was a mini super bowl to them. Georgia just missed out on an SEC title and playoff spot, so they were a little disappointed. They shouldn't have been, that was on them, but they didn't come out and play like they gave a damn. That was covered by media before the game was ever played. They had a crap attitude and that was on Smart.
Kind of like Bama when Stoops ripped them a new one in 13’? I agree and OU didn’t really want to play LSU a couple years ago when we lost to them but we did want to play Florida last year when we won. It’s weird it’s like when we win, we wanted to be there but when we lose, it’s because we didn’t want to be there and we’re depressed.

Reactions: oldhorn2
same old aggie secsecsec bullshit.....if Georgia beats Texas then Texas was not ready to face the secsecsec.......but when Texas beat Georgia ( saying beat is kind considering the ass kicking) Georgia didnt give a damn.

What a joke!

There weren't many other options at QB. He has his guys now that he recruited. The QB room looks a LOT better. They are solid in the trenches and have a monster running game. Jimbo believes in controlling the clock and playing great defense. He is finally reaching that point. I'm not saying OU or Texas will bad in the SEC. What I'm saying is that winning the recruiting battle in the Big 12 and being the big fish there doesn't translate to winning the recruiting battle in the SEC. Again, you weren't higher than 5th in the SEC and 8th a couple of years ago. What gets you first or second in the Big 12 ALWAYS, gets you middle of the road in the SEC. The talent can catch up with you. You will do fine, but it might look like 3-4 losses instead of 1-2 like you are used to right now. I do feel like you will adjust and recruit much better, but I do not think you guys are going to come in and do what you think you are going to do. There are more teams that can beat you and are more talented than you.
They are used to 3-4 losses.. Btw, stop hiding behind the SEC patch.. You weren’t good in the big 12 and your not good in the SEC.

They are used to 3-4 losses.. Btw, stop hiding behind the SEC patch.. You weren’t good in the big 12 and your not good in the SEC.

This.^

aggy here trying to lecture Texas fans about the SEC. :rolleyes:
a&m was a middle of the pack team in the Big 12, and they're a middle of the pack team in the SEC. Win something and then talk, but everyone knows that's not going to happen.

If we played tomorrow, there is no doubt in my mind you'd get "rump roasted."

Aggy definitely has the national championship from fsu on their wall....aggy logic never changes....aggy can't win in football, baseball or even basketball and they want to come and act like they have played for so much in the last 10 years. When blowu and aggy played in the cotton bowl, ou was missing players that game if i remember and didn't want to play in that bowl. Middle of the road in the sec will be a fight for aggy now they could drop lower.

Bullshit!....what the daily mail publishes must be made up crap because you never hear a word about those negative Biden stories on the Rachel Madows show.......Fake news I say!
I stand corrected. The Daily Mail has been reporting on the contents of THE laptop. I haven’t heard Joy Reid or Jake Tapper - esteemed journalists - talk about THE laptop. There must not be a laptop. Damn … I’ve been bamboozled by the Daily Mail.

ADVERTISEMENT