ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard to Texas

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019
According to Jeff Goodman

Seemed likely when you didn’t hear much from him or tech

Being it's April 1st, I'm not ready to buy in yet..............
There’s gonna be a lot of BS toddy but Jeff Goodman is the best college basketball reporter out there. If he puts it out it’s the real deal

Who else is reporting this? Think I’d wait to start this thread until we get something more solid than one reporter’s tweet...

Sounds good. Not sure I’ll allow myself to fully believe it until I see something from Bellmont. Too many Texas faceplants in hiring over the last decade for me.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Really curious about the contract details. Shocking to see Texas potentially pay ~$6 million per year for a basketball coach.

Really curious about the contract details. Shocking to see Texas potentially pay ~$6 million per year for a basketball coach.
Yeah this is a strong message from CDC that Texas is no longer just a football school. Too be honest it was probably an easy sell to the big money guys. Look I’d beard is the guy we want that’s the price of poker gotta pay it or move on.

we will see how this plays out but this reminds me when Florida had Urban Meyer coaching football and Billy Donovan coaching basketball. No idea of Sark and Beard will have the success of those guys but it’s nice to have two strong coaches in the two major sports

Yeah this is a strong message from CDC that Texas is no longer just a football school. Too be honest it was probably an easy sell to the big money guys. Look I’d beard is the guy we want that’s the price of poker gotta pay it or move on.

we will see how this plays out but this reminds me when Florida had Urban Meyer coaching football and Billy Donovan coaching basketball. No idea of Sark and Beard will have the success of those guys but it’s nice to have two strong coaches in the two major sports
I'll have what he's having! If you get 1/2 the success as the two Florida coaches, that's one Natty in each sport. THAT'S a home run.

I'll have what he's having! If you get 1/2 the success as the two Florida coaches, that's one Natty in each sport. THAT'S a home run.
Obviously I don’t know if they will ultimately have the success those guys did. Time will tell, but I do believe both Sark and Beard have that type of ability.

We have to be very patient with Beard. He has basically no roster next season with the exception of Andrew Jones. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones declared for the draft. If he does, Beard will basically be starting from scratch using the transfer portal and juco ranks. Hopefully he can convince AJ to return and build a team with him as the senior captain.

Beard is an excellent talent evaluator so I’m confident that he can identify, develop and coach his players to maximize their potential.

I just hope that he can effectively handle all the BS from external forces like the UT administration, BMD’s, SJW’s, Austin media, etc. Hopefully, CDC gives him the authority he needs to have full control over the basketball program.

Yep. It was obvious when you didn’t hear anything out of beard or tech all week that something was going down.
i wasn't that smart. in hindsight, it makes sense, though. as for the roster, i think it's good that he gets a re-boot. i liked hamm and cunningham (among others) and maybe he can keep them. i don't see jones as an nba player-- i don't know what the bar is to play overseas, though. i am not even concerned about wins next year-- i want to see the process. i thought next year would be purgatory until shaka left, so an extra year instilling the culture, no matter the w/L results, is a bonus

i wasn't that smart. in hindsight, it makes sense, though. as for the roster, i think it's good that he gets a re-boot. i liked hamm and cunningham (among others) and maybe he can keep them. i don't see jones as an nba player-- i don't know what the bar is to play overseas, though. i am not even concerned about wins next year-- i want to see the process. i thought next year would be purgatory until shaka left, so an extra year instilling the culture, no matter the w/L results, is a bonus
Yeah I just assumed that if Beard wasn’t interested in Texas he and tech wouldn’t want that hanging out there so the longer it went you could tell beard was at least listening.

the roster is is interesting. Jones can play in the NBA but I think another year in school under beard could help him. Greg brown could also benefit from that but idk if he will take it.

Yeah I just assumed that if Beard wasn’t interested in Texas he and tech wouldn’t want that hanging out there so the longer it went you could tell beard was at least listening.

the roster is is interesting. Jones can play in the NBA but I think another year in school under beard could help him. Greg brown could also benefit from that but idk if he will take it.
Notable seniors we are losing are Sims, Febres and Coleman. Hopefully, it isn’t too late to keep Hamm and Williams from transferring. Looks as thoigh there is a lot of playing time in store for them if they stick around

Reports are out that Beard is bringing former Longhorn and Current UTA head coach Chris Ogden to be on his staff

I'm certain of 1 thing CDC is now on the clock. You guys say he's great because he hired a good coach in a non revenue sport. VS did well in his first year. But it's about mens hoops and especially fb. These guys are his hires so I'm going to wait and see but I do want these guys to succeed.

I'm certain of 1 thing CDC is now on the clock. You guys say he's great because he hired a good coach in a non revenue sport. VS did well in his first year. But it's about mens hoops and especially fb. These guys are his hires so I'm going to wait and see but I do want these guys to succeed.
I honestly think that’s one of the things that led to both the coaching changes CDC figuring if he has to listen to all the complaining about the coaching then I’m bringing in my own guys.
I’ll say this if Sark and Beard end up being as good as Vic shafer and mike white have been. We are going to enter a golden era of Texas athletics.

Reactions: OzarkHorn
Notable seniors we are losing are Sims, Febres and Coleman. Hopefully, it isn’t too late to keep Hamm and Williams from transferring. Looks as thoigh there is a lot of playing time in store for them if they stick around

Hepa coming back so that is good for beard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT