ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard to Texas

I thought we can only have 3 assistant coaches in basketball, and I have heard 4 names...
Chris Ogden
Jerrance Howard
Ulric Maligi
Rodney Terry

Each of their wiki pages (not official, of course) shows them as Texas assistants.

Can someone help clarify? Thanks.

You can have 3 assistant coaches in name, but there are a lot of ways around that. But the 4 names you mentioned are all coming on board in some way shape or form

I thought we can only have 3 assistant coaches in basketball, and I have heard 4 names...
Chris Ogden
Jerrance Howard
Ulric Maligi
Rodney Terry

Each of their wiki pages (not official, of course) shows them as Texas assistants.

Can someone help clarify? Thanks.
Just like Bama does in football-- you give them some support staff title that doesn't mean sh!t--- but it's the same as hiring another coach.

Just like Bama does in football-- you give them some support staff title that doesn't mean sh!t--- but it's the same as hiring another coach.
Yep. My guess is
Ogden
Malligi
Terry
Will be the coaches
Howard will have some other title. Just a guess

Mac McClung leaving tech now too. Be interesting to see how many of any of these tech transfers end up with Beard at UT. When Mike White took over softball he brought 5 of his players from Oregon with him.

Shaka had the number 2 class in the conference according to rivals, so this kid is really good but this is not the case.
I don't recall any of Shaka's recruits being the #35 player or better. They were good as a group but were signing because of all the departures. Shaka seemed to lack a sense of urgency.

Mac McClung leaving tech now too. Be interesting to see how many of any of these tech transfers end up with Beard at UT. When Mike White took over softball he brought 5 of his players from Oregon with him.

Now it just got interesting with him putting himself in the transfer portal. I can see Micah Peavy coming and maybe Silva but McClung too even though I am not a fan of the YouTube sensation, I know he can ball.

This is what the roster looked like with Shaka last season.

Texas roster entering 2020-21 season:
Senior PG Matt Coleman III — TBD
Junior CG Courtney Ramey — TBD
RS Junior SG Andrew Jones — TBD
Freshman PF Greg Brown III — TBD
Senior C Jericho Sims — TBD
Sophomore PF Kai Jones — Declared for NBA Draft
RS Sophomore F Brock Cunningham — TBD
Senior SG Jase Febres — TBD
Sophomore SF Donovan Williams — Transferred to UNLV
Senior C Royce Hamm — Transferred to UNLV
Junior F Kamaka Hepa — Entered transfer portal
Junior SF Gerald Liddell — Transferred to Alabama State
Sophomore C Will Baker — Transfered to Nevada

What Beard is left with.

Texas roster outlook entering 2021 offseason:
Senior CG Courtney Ramey
RS Senior SG Andrew Jones
RS Junior F Brock Cunningham
Senior SG Jase Febres
Freshman SF Jaylon Tyson — 4-star
Freshman CG Emarion Ellis — 4-star
Freshman PF Keeyan Itejere — 3-star

Last edited:
I think Greg Brown may come back. Add a couple transfers to that team and it’s not bad

Reactions: westx
I would assume with Febres, and now jones and Askew I would assume that means Coleman is moving on. We will see.

Beard lands another transfer Timmy Allen 6’6 forward from Utah. Averaged 17 points a game in the pac 12. This has been a productive day for men’s basketball

Eastern Washington transfer Tanner Groves has listed Texas in his final 4 schools. He’s a tough big man who can shoot. Would be a strong addition especially if Simms leaves

ADVERTISEMENT