ADVERTISEMENT

Chuba Hubbard -- gone?

OldHornInPA

Oct 29, 2014
This nonsense is indicative of a business model on its last legs. These student athletes think that the NFL is the ultimate destiny. Truth being, most of the NFL teams are financially bankrupt. They just don't know it yet. A business with no customers is not a business and Chuba is not really a future employee.

Corporate junk bonds are not a customer base.

https://www.google.com/search?q=emp...WhRzABHVEGCvQQ_AUoAnoECAwQBA&biw=1366&bih=696

Reactions: OldHornInPA
People keep saying how much “power” athletes have. Disagree. Consumers are the ones with the power.

As I stated in another thread, somethings need to be looked at and change is good. However, some are going to want to take it too far and that’s not going to fly. Wiser heads must prevail. Having conversations is a good thing. Going to twitter and making empty threats is not (a la Chubba and A Cook).

People keep saying how much “power” athletes have. Disagree. Consumers are the ones with the power.

As I stated in another thread, somethings need to be looked at and change is good. However, some are going to want to take it too far and that’s not going to fly. Wiser heads must prevail. Having conversations is a good thing. Going to twitter and making empty threats is not (a la Chubba and A Cook).

These guys are getting pressure and are acting emotionally. It's going to bite them in the butt.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I can guarantee the only reason Gundy apologized was to keep his job. It’s absolutely absurd how you can be shamed for a different political view than someone else. We have taken 5 steps back and it’s only getting worse. I just don’t think this country will ever be the same after all of this BS. I’m ready to move away to a deserted island and be as far away from people as I could possibly be.

I was going to make a comment on this thread but you said it perfectly thanks.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I can guarantee the only reason Gundy apologized was to keep his job. It’s absolutely absurd how you can be shamed for a different political view than someone else. We have taken 5 steps back and it’s only getting worse. I just don’t think this country will ever be the same after all of this BS. I’m ready to move away to a deserted island and be as far away from people as I could possibly be.

Eastern Europe. Poland, Romania, Hungary, etc... are beautiful countries and extremely inexpensive. You can but a nice house for 15k or so. If i were going for dual citizenship, it would be eastern europe.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Personally I thought it was spot on. But I think it's the kind of story that can work out for the best for everyone involved. It can galvanize the team to the next levels. Or not.

I an convinced there will be good teams who will under perform and lesser teams will go to the next level. No spring ball players just now getting back on campus. The effects of the coronavirus, and the George Floyd story I'm telling you it's going to be wild this year.

Personally I thought it was spot on. But I think it's the kind of story that can work out for the best for everyone involved. It can galvanize the team to the next levels. Or not.

I an convinced there will be good teams who will under perform and lesser teams will go to the next level. No spring ball players just now getting back on campus. The effects of the coronavirus, and the George Floyd story I'm telling you it's going to be wild this year.

The author obviously had an axe to grind against Gundy. It was extremely biased in one direction and that is the crap I can't stand. He MAY be right in some aspects, but most of his writing was presumptive.

"A few hours later, Hubbard tweeted out an awkward video that seemed like a wish for Gundy and Oklahoma State to make this all go away. Showing his latest lapse in lack of self-awareness, Gundy failed to actually apologize for wearing the T-shirt and forcing his players to essentially revolt."

The author obviously thinks he should speak for Hubbard. Seems borderline racist to me that the author thinks he knows black people and their opinion better than Hubbard. Quite presumptive.

What does Gundy have to apologize for? He likes a radio station, wore a t-shirt, and is probably a Trump voter. The people that find these things vile sins are insane.

"Former Cowboy LC Greenwood, in a tweet later deleted, said he was “called a hood rat and a thug on multiple occasions and threatened to be sent back home all because of wearing a Durag and sleeveless shirt.”

Hey dipshit Pete Thamel, did you think to ask LC who called him these things? No? You just wanted to make it sound like it was from the football program.

"Other voices chimed in behind Hubbard, including former star tailback Justice Hill, who said that OSU athletics and university need “major change.” Star receiver Tylan Wallace supported Hubbard by saying, “It’s About Way More Than Football.” Notably, there was nearly no public support for Gundy."

There is no public support because of clowns like Pete. As the professor from Cal said, people like Pete don't want to have a conversation...they want "blood." They want "justice." They have no idea what that looks like, but they want it now!

Like I said, the entire article was a pile of shit and not helpful. No wonder members of sports media are getting let go in droves.

Mike Gundy isn't going anywhere. Shannon or is it Sterling Sharpe is pulling skeletons from the closet. Wearing that t-shirt wasn't very swift but they're not going to fire him from something he said 30 years ago. And I remember that CO team in '89 be best CO team I ever saw but that team had a lot of bad guys on it. I'm sure MG and the entire OSU team we'll talk this over.

But don't forget that Mike Gundy has always been a little bit loopy dyk that he wore an all white suit at T. Boone's funeral?

Can you imagine how bad the mullet looks on Coach Mullet after the quarantine? He was made for Oklahoma. You know he has a double wide.

You know I think the end result will be like the Urban Meyer situation. Don't be surprised if he's suspended for the first 3 games and at the end of the season he'll step down just like Urban did.

My father died last year. One of the smartest things he ever told me was if it's not about the money it's about the money. How it applies to MG is he's got a 5 year rollover on his contract in fact he's always had it. I predict he'll coach the rest of the season and then retire. They'll need to settle the buyout and they might as well let him coach while they're negotiating.

Man I can't believe we lost 5 straight home games, and 7 out of ten to this guy.

You know I think the end result will be like the Urban Meyer situation. Don't be surprised if he's suspended for the first 3 games and at the end of the season he'll step down just like Urban did.

My father died last year. One of the smartest things he ever told me was if it's not about the money it's about the money. How it applies to MG is he's got a 5 year rollover on his contract in fact he's always had it. I predict he'll coach the rest of the season and then retire. They'll need to settle the buyout and they might as well let him coach while they're negotiating.

Man I can't believe we lost 5 straight home games, and 7 out of ten to this guy.

Because he's a damn good coach.

This would be a colossal mistake made by OSU. Gundy will be picked up by a school BETTER than OSU once this crap goes away for a while. OSU has peaked and is headed downward. If Texas has a poor season and has to fire Herman, ditto Texas. Gundy just signed a huge extension.... the payoff is going to be more than that school will be able to afford. They are fvcked. Time to pick over the carcass, lol.

I am not sure that football in general as a revenue source hasn't peaked in general. The NFL has been in decline for 3-4 years and now college football is headed into a hole. I can see Gundy at Michigan. I would love to have him at Texas but we will prolly hire Beth Mowins after Herman. Belmont strikes again.

He is a better coach than anyone we have had since Royal. If I were to give The UT Austin athletic department a nickname, it would be stupidasfvckistan.

This would be a colossal mistake made by OSU. Gundy will be picked up by a school BETTER than OSU once this crap goes away for a while. OSU has peaked and is headed downward. If Texas has a poor season and has to fire Herman, ditto Texas. Gundy just signed a huge extension.... the payoff is going to be more than that school will be able to afford. They are fvcked. Time to pick over the carcass, lol.

I am not sure that football in general as a revenue source hasn't peaked in general. The NFL has been in decline for 3-4 years and now college football is headed into a hole. I can see Gundy at Michigan. I would love to have him at Texas but we will prolly hire Beth Mowins after Herman. Belmont strikes again.

Sounds about right. :rolleyes:=)roll

I can't believe that even you would post something like this.

Cali, I have friends that I attended high school and UT with that say 10x worse things than this. They are chemical (honors), civil, and software engineers. I'm just a business guy. What do I know? They quit attending UT athletic events 20 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT