ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Helton fired

KChorn11

Oct 26, 2019

Looks like USC pulled the trigger on Helton. Seems odd to pull the trigger after two games. If you were going to do that should of just canned him last year.

is this Urban’e escape hatch? Things don’t seem to be going well in Jacksonville

Reactions: diadevic
Haven't we seen this before? How many games did it take Sark to get fired?
Eh that was a little different, as Sark was fired more for his issues and less for performance. Kiffin was fired mid season though

Gotta assume Luke Fickle will be there top guy unless Urban is actually an option. Idk ifCincinnati being in the big 12 now makes it possible for them to keep Fickle.

Last edited:
Helton got more than a fair shake. The convincing loss to Stanford reinforced the knowledge that this season will be more of the same.

If I'm Sark I call USC and BEG for my old job back.
He will get Texas righted before USC. With Oregon humming along, and chip Kelly maybe having something going a UCLA. That USC job just got tougher

I know the internet isn’t the place for rational thought, but most everyone thought this team was between 9-3 and 7-5. If that’s the case we all knew rough games would happen

Reactions: HarryBuffalo
He will get Texas righted before USC. With Oregon humming along, and chip Kelly maybe having something going a UCLA. That USC job just got tougher

I know the internet isn’t the place for rational thought, but most everyone thought this team was between 9-3 and 7-5. If that’s the case we all knew rough games would happen
It's funny how most people predicted 8-4 or 7-5 and are surprised by a loss.

I remember Mack's 2nd and 3rd games. UCLA whipped them pretty good but they were ranked 6 at the time. The next week they went on the road and got the shit kicked out of them 48-7 against K-State. I wonder if people were ready to fire him after those 2 games?

I remember Mack's 2nd and 3rd games. UCLA whipped them pretty good but they were ranked 6 at the time. The next week they went on the road and got the shit kicked out of them 48-7 against K-State. I wonder if people were ready to fire him after those 2 games?
We were just coming off of the Mackovic years. Exceptions were made....

Yeah that’s the thing that’s cracked me up. Most of us figured best case scnerio was 9-3, maybe 10-2, and now that a loss happened the response is blow it up!!!!!

We were just coming off of the Mackovic years. Exceptions were made....
2 years removed from a conference championship though. Almost identical circumstances to now with the big Sugar Bowl win and then the 2 disappointing years in a row.

Look if we go 6-6 or 7-5 this year i'll be pretty disappointed as well. But lets at least let this thing play out before we hit the panic button is all i'm saying.

Reactions: DHHorn
If the Baltimore ravens are UT East

Than USC is UT West

And what I've heard out here is that Franklin at PS is the leading candidate to replace Helton.

Last edited:
USC is not "all in" with its FB program. The President, hired in 2019, came from UNC and Dartmouth, which should tell you something. She's trying to clean up a number of faculty and medical school scandals. And, she's dealing with covid-related school closures from last year.

Football is not a religion at USC nor the Pac-12 like it is in the southeastern US. Just attend a game at Memorial Coliseum or Stanford Stadium and you'll see what I mean. My guess is they make a safe hire like a James Franklin that'll graduate kids and keep them out of jail.

Our left-leaning, Chardonnay sipping administration and FB program is more suited to the Pac-12 than the SEC.

USC is not "all in" with its FB program. The President, hired in 2019, came from UNC and Dartmouth, which should tell you something. She's trying to clean up a number of faculty and medical school scandals. And, she's dealing with covid-related school closures from last year.

Football is not a religion at USC nor the Pac-12 like it is in the southeastern US. Just attend a game at Memorial Coliseum or Stanford Stadium and you'll see what I mean. My guess is they make a safe hire like a James Franklin that'll graduate kids and keep them out of jail.

Our left-leaning, Chardonnay sipping administration and FB program is more suited to the Pac-12 than the SEC.
You had me at "she"

ADVERTISEMENT