ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches List to Call

Baylor’s own independent repor says “Football coaches and staff choose not to report incidents of assault and misconduct” weather Briles was directly involved in that only he knows but as the HC he’s responsible for the football program

How do you get from "choose not to report incidents of assault and misconduct" to covered up, paid-off, and threatened?

Art Briles was made a scapegoat for all of the institutional failures that occurred at Baylor.

How do you get from "choose not to report incidents of assault and misconduct" to covered up, paid-off, and threatened?

Art Briles was made a scapegoat for all of the institutional failures that occurred at Baylor.
Go read the report. Briles was not made the scapegoat. He’s the head football coach he’s responsible. Just like if some booster is handing recruits cars. The head football coach is responsible. One of Rick Pitno’s assistants was buying players hookers. Pitno is responsible. Being the coach of a major program comes with a lot of perks, but it also means your the guy that gets the blame it things go sideways.

Briles would be a homerun hire, but the suits will never go for that.
Briles would of been a home run hire 7-8 years ago. Now? Not sure we could say 100% what we’d get and whatever we did get would be short term. Much like with Meyer you’d need some kind of succession plan.(and he’d want his son to be that plan)

Go read the report. Briles was not made the scapegoat. He’s the head football coach he’s responsible. Just like if some booster is handing recruits cars. The head football coach is responsible. One of Rick Pitno’s assistants was buying players hookers. Pitno is responsible. Being the coach of a major program comes with a lot of perks, but it also means your the guy that gets the blame it things go sideways.

I did read the report. No where in the Pepper Hamilton report does it say that any coach paid off or threatened a victim.

What it does say is that Baylor institutionally failed these victims from the coaching staff to the Title XI office to the athletic department to the Baylor police to the school administration.

The HC does not represent all of those.

In addition, their were 3 players at Baylor that were charged with sexual assault:

Tevin Elliot - kick off the team
Sam Ukwauchu - acquitted
Shawn Oakman - acquitted

To recap:

Of all of the sexual assault claims, 3 actual escalated to criminal charges and of the 3, 1 actual resulted in a player being found guilty. That player was kicked off the team when he was arrested.

I would suggest that the next time you go tell someone to read something, you have a clue to what your fing talking about.

Art Briles and implementing the first ever women’s sensitivity training in college football turning a supposed negative into a political positive and watch the greatest show on turf ! Mario Crystobal would be second choice because he is top 5 recruiter from the Saban tree.

Reactions: diadevic
I wouldn't hate a Briles hire. I don't know much about Cristobal, but seems to be a solid coach. I'd definitely kick the tires on Sark. I think he is itching to redeem himself. Time under Pete and Nick is a huge plus.

I will say this. The fact that CDC still has said nothing regarding Herman tells you what he thinks of Herman. Idk if this relationship ends this year or next year but it will end
I think sometime in the next couple of weeks we will all witness a cdc/Herman defining moment of mutual adoration in some form. Now I’m not saying it will be as forward as the Dodds/Brown hug on the sidelines after that Tech win but it’ll be maybe holding hands or something.

I wouldn't hate a Briles hire. I don't know much about Cristobal, but seems to be a solid coach. I'd definitely kick the tires on Sark. I think he is itching to redeem himself. Time under Pete and Nick is a huge plus.
I’d go with Briles in a heart beat at this point. He has a damn eye for talent obviously and he’d sure as hell be able to help Texas procure his replacement when it’s time

Reactions: Lampasas
Who Ya gonna Call...

Money makes people jump except for UM...LOL

We gonna have to buy one!

Matt Campbell

Franklin

The Pirate!!!!!!!!..Lov this guy sense of Humor , its like DKR and Bum Phillips mix..LOL
how about the coastal Carolina coach what’s his story?

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I’d go with Briles in a heart beat at this point. He has a damn eye for talent obviously and he’d sure as hell be able to help Texas procure his replacement when it’s time

Add briles and subtract Hermy. Keep Ash. Get it did.
Add Sark and subtract Hermy. Keep Ash. Get it did.
Add Cristobal and subract Hermy. Keep Ash. Get it did.
and on and on and on..............

Sark and art Briles are two different stories. Sark had a drinking problem, and got treatment. Briles was involved in covering up, paying off and in some cases threatening sexual assault victims of football players. Not exactly in the same category. And he’s 65 years old. I’m not sure you take the heat that hire would get for a 3-4 year fix.
This is just flat out wrong. You can rag on his defense, age, etc., but your other statements are just flat out wrong. Please acknowledge your mistake.

The letter is dated May 23, 2017, months after Briles reached a settlement with the school, and dropped his libel lawsuit against Baylor. The letter is signed by Baylor’s general counsel, Christopher W. Holmes, and addressed directly to “Coach Briles.”

It reads: “As you speak with others regarding these issues, you can be assured you may make certain statements without fear of contradiction from Baylor based on the information currently known to us.

“In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.

“We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.”

Diadevic, just so you know I forgive you and your team for all of y’alls indiscretions , and there are many.

Diadevic, just so you know I forgive you and your team for all of y’alls indiscretions , and there are many.
Like kicking your ass in the mid teens? We finally leveled the playing field, then your President Boren led the way in pulling the rug out from under us. The way you guys skate everything ALMOST makes me want to give up and jump on the Sooner Schooner.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Like kicking your ass in the mid teens? We finally leveled the playing field, then your President Boren led the way in pulling the rug out from under us. The way you guys skate everything ALMOST makes me want to give up and jump on the Sooner Schooner.
We'll always have room for you in the back of the schooner.

You hit the nail on the head about the fanbase needing to be patient. Not sure where Texas ranks in the whiny "I want it now!" department, but I bet it's high.
I dont think 11 year wait for Texas to be 2000's Texas team is the "I want it now!" I mean each hire is wait 3 years and we will get back to where we need to be. And each time the fans hear that and the team is still are middle of the road it make the fans less patient. To be honest I think we as fans got spoiled. I remember bitching about Chris Simms saying he sucked. Yet losing 1 or 2 games a year with him as QB was not as bad as we thought. But this is Texas and the bar was set at a certain level. So the fact we lose to TCU, WV, and MFing Kansas. That puts an impatient and sour taste it the fans mouth that can only be fixed by winning. The other BS that has gone on with the "EYES" and other nonsense has not help either. But you have to win and win consistently. And the fact is it has not happened and fans are fed up. Till winning starts to happens fans will be unhappy plain and simple.

This is just flat out wrong. You can rag on his defense, age, etc., but your other statements are just flat out wrong. Please acknowledge your mistake.

The letter is dated May 23, 2017, months after Briles reached a settlement with the school, and dropped his libel lawsuit against Baylor. The letter is signed by Baylor’s general counsel, Christopher W. Holmes, and addressed directly to “Coach Briles.”

It reads: “As you speak with others regarding these issues, you can be assured you may make certain statements without fear of contradiction from Baylor based on the information currently known to us.

“In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.

“We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.”

As I’ve said doesn’t matter if he was directly involved or not. His staff mishandled it and at the end of the day when tour the head of a multi million dollar organization your responsible from the behavior of your staff.

As I’ve said doesn’t matter if he was directly involved or not. His staff mishandled it and at the end of the day when tour the head of a multi million dollar organization your responsible from the behavior of your staff.
He is responsible for behavior of his staff. But that is a long way from threatening young ladies. You counseled another poster on this thread to "go read...." I direct you to read your own post:

Briles was involved in covering up, paying off and in some cases threatening sexual assault victims of football players.

Now you've changed your tune to "It doesn't matter if he was directly involved or not." There is no evidence, NONE, that he paid anyone, talked to any victim, or threatened any victim. Admit you were wrong or your just another blowhard with a computer.

You can say what you want about Art Briles, but the truth is:

He is a bonafide living legend amongst Texas HS football coaches. I've never met any of them that had something negative to say about him and at one time he was president of the THSCA.

When Texas HS coaches love you, Texas recruits love you. If he could turn Baylor into a team competing for a CFP spot, think about what he would accomplish at Texas.

I dont think 11 year wait for Texas to be 2000's Texas team is the "I want it now!" I mean each hire is wait 3 years and we will get back to where we need to be. And each time the fans hear that and the team is still are middle of the road it make the fans less patient. To be honest I think we as fans got spoiled. I remember bitching about Chris Simms saying he sucked. Yet losing 1 or 2 games a year with him as QB was not as bad as we thought. But this is Texas and the bar was set at a certain level. So the fact we lose to TCU, WV, and MFing Kansas. That puts an impatient and sour taste it the fans mouth that can only be fixed by winning. The other BS that has gone on with the "EYES" and other nonsense has not help either. But you have to win and win consistently. And the fact is it has not happened and fans are fed up. Till winning starts to happens fans will be unhappy plain and simple.

Bama must be really spoiled then!

How about we just get our swimming coach and volleyball coach to be our future coaches. Their programs are on top and they know how to win. They couldn't do any worse than Herman.
Since the year 2000:
  • Longhorns Men's Swimming and Diving NCAA Championships: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
  • Women's Volleyball Big 12 championships: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
I'm not sure we're really a FB school anymore. How can the FB fanbase be characterized as "whiny" when you compare the results above with the FB record over the same period?

Oregon’s AD just announced that the athletic department is facing an 85 million dollar deficit for this year. If CDC wants Mario Christobol he could probably be had

Oregon’s AD just announced that the athletic department is facing an 85 million dollar deficit for this year. If CDC wants Mario Christobol he could probably be had

Ho hum

In the last 2 weeks OR lost to ORS. Even with a lead and terrible officiating they couldn't get it done. And losing to ORS is the Pac XII equivalent to losing to KS. They also lost to CA. I take back what I said.
No.

ADVERTISEMENT