ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches List to Call

Ho hum

In the last 2 weeks OR lost to ORS. Even with a lead and terrible officiating they couldn't get it done. And losing to ORS is the Pac XII equivalent to losing to KS. They also lost to CA. I take back what I said.
No.
I don’t really put mich stock in that. Look like it or not this is a strange season, especially for pac 12 and big 10 teams who aren’t going to play and then all the sudden we’re slapped in to a 5 game schedule. Some teams just aren’t going to respond well. Especially teams replacing key players and coordinators.

I mean many teams are playing outside of what you’d expect from them. Not sure it’s a coincidence.

A few names to consider
1. Billy Napier HC ULL- young, energetic, aggressive and innovative
2.Luke Fickell HC Cincinnati- Top recruiter and developer of talent
3. Dave Clawson HC Wake Forest- 4 bowi games in 6 seasons
4.Tom Allen HC Indiana- Has IU in the mix for BIG title
5.P.J. Fleck HC Minnesota- Appears ready for the big time and Texas IS the big time.

Oregon’s AD just announced that the athletic department is facing an 85 million dollar deficit for this year. If CDC wants Mario Christobol he could probably be had

That's bad. I don't think Texas is doing well either.

How do people get paid for being this dumb?

Herman at 15? Ed O at 3??????????

Fickell and Allen in the 40s???? Gundy in the 30s??? Chadwell nowhere to be found?

Herman is 15 and Patterson is 20. How many times does 1 coach have to humiliate another to get ranked above them.

65% of the coaches on that lost couldn't accomplish what KEN NIUMATALOLO has at Navy.

Last edited:
Thoughts on giving Yurcich a shot to man the ship with an incentive laden contract and keep Ash as DC? I would be curious to see what he does with the offense when Herman isn't meddling in it. Could be a good stop gap and you you might catch lightning in a bottle, but at the same time don't get sucked into a long contract. He seems to be a good recruiter (Ewers liked him) and has coached under Gundy and Ryan Day. Spend some money on top assistants/recruiters and see what happens. If it doesn't work out then hopefully a better candidate comes along in a year or two.

Thoughts on giving Yurcich a shot to man the ship with an incentive laden contract and keep Ash as DC? I would be curious to see what he does with the offense when Herman isn't meddling in it. Could be a good stop gap and you you might catch lightning in a bottle, but at the same time don't get sucked into a long contract. He seems to be a good recruiter (Ewers liked him) and has coached under Gundy and Ryan Day. Spend some money on top assistants/recruiters and see what happens. If it doesn't work out then hopefully a better candidate comes along in a year or two.
1)Brown 1998-2013 2)Strong: 14-16 3)Herman: 17-20 (your idea) 4)Yurcich: 2021 or 2021-2022 5)Next HC: starting 2022 or 2023. Potentially 5 different Head Coaches in under 10 years... i don't like how that looks or sounds.

I'm no Herman fan, but JFC, do we really need yet another scheme change. We really don't know what Ash and Yurcich can do unencumbered.

Reactions: outhereincali
Art Briles all day would dominate at Texas and probably not a lot of money first couple of years .

ADVERTISEMENT