ADVERTISEMENT

Cockroaches vs TEXAS Game Thread

As bad as this game was and as unprepared as we were the refs put 14 on the board for TCU and took away at least 3 from Texas

The 92 yards of penalty on texas does not even come close to conveying the real picture of the loss of yards on those plays. There were at least 4 massively explosive plays that got nullified by those penalties starting with the opening kickoff.

TCU did not beat us. We beat ourselves.....

The 92 yards of penalty on texas does not even come close to conveying the real picture of the loss of yards on those plays. There were at least 4 massively explosive plays that got nullified by those penalties starting with the opening kickoff.

TCU did not beat us. We beat ourselves.....
Eh a lot of those penalties were bullshit. Some were legit but a lot of the big ones were questionable at best

I’m looking at some 5 star lineman playing right now, Bama is doing it right. The diff between UT and Bama is huge.

At one point Joe Klatt said that penalties had negated 208 yards of offense on Texas.

TCU had penalties too. The officiating was terrible. But they didnt miss tackles, or have a busted route that led to an interception, or fumble the ball. TCU beat UT, and for two weeks in a row this team under performed.

Reactions: HornNation101
I feel bad for Ingram, but football IQ has to take over in that spot. It’s 1st and goal from the 1 yard line in pretty much a four down situation. Don’t risk it there. Protect the dang football. We’ve got three more plays. I’m guessing he’s tired there, touching the ball three straight plays, with a long reception. Brutal.

I feel bad for Ingram, but football IQ has to take over in that spot. It’s 1st and goal from the 1 yard line in pretty much a four down situation. Don’t risk it there. Protect the dang football. We’ve got three more plays. I’m guessing he’s tired there, touching the ball three straight plays, with a long reception. Brutal.
He's trying to be a hero when he's not a hero.

You were saying.
never in a million years should Ingram have been taking that snap. Roshon should have been in at the goal line. It cost the game.

we suck on soo many levels.--we can't even get our own timekeeper to shut the clock off correctly and leave 1 second. Urban won't be sitting the studio next year if this keeps up.

Without Sam? Doubtful. This was their year. Even the schedule was there for the taking.

TCU had penalties too. The officiating was terrible. But they didnt miss tackles, or have a busted route that led to an interception, or fumble the ball. TCU beat UT, and for two weeks in a row this team under performed.
TCU had penalties but they called penalties on us that gave TCU first downs on 3rd down, cost us a player on defense and took points off the board for us. Many of the big penalties on us were questionable at best and they were game changing calls

He's trying to be a hero when he's not a hero.

I remember a game when VY was a freshman and was tackled one the 1yd line...He tried to stretch the ball over the goal line and a defender just grabbed it and took off running. I never saw VY try that again.

I remember a game when VY was a freshman and was tackled one the 1yd line...He tried to stretch the ball over the goal line and a defender just grabbed it and took off running. I never saw VY try that again.
That was the game wedgie mcneal finally lost his love at Aggyland I think...

How could they not call a horse caller on the tackle on Ingram on the long play in the first quarter ? ( that play was negated by a Texas penalty)

How could they not call a horse caller on the tackle on Ingram on the long play in the first quarter ? ( that play was negated by a Texas penalty)

That was negated by an offside penalty against TCU that was erroneously blown dead because the defender made contact with an offensive player while offside. On the replay, there did not appear to be any contact.

My problem with the officiating is that the poor calls directly impacted the outcome of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem365
That was negated by an offside penalty against TCU that was erroneously blown dead because the defender made contact with an offensive player while offside. On the replay, there did not appear to be any contact.

My problem with the officiating is that the poor calls directly impact
I stand corrected.

ADVERTISEMENT