ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff (NY6 too) Thread

weevilcatch

Jan 11, 2003
Couldn't cut it in the Mexican Leagues
Hope this is okay to start one of these...

Call me crazy, but I'm leaning toward taking OU over Alabama. I think they score 40 and their defense plays with enough confidence to make just enough plays. OU is used to the type of offense that Alabama runs and maybe I'm biased, but they don't run it better than half the teams in the Big 12

Clemson rolls the shit out of Notre Dame to the tune of 41-14.

Clemson wins a closely contested game against OU based on the DL winning the LOS.

Clemson wins 38-31

Don't sell Alabama's offense short. In FEI, ESPN efficiency, and S&P rankings the top three offenses in the country are:
1. OU
2. Alabama
3. Georgia

The difference, according to these advanced stats, is both Alabama and Georgia have top defenses too.

Reactions: kckd
Don't sell Alabama's offense short. In FEI, ESPN efficiency, and S&P rankings the top three offenses in the country are:
1. OU
2. Alabama
3. Georgia

The difference, according to these advanced stats, is both Alabama and Georgia have top defenses too.

They have a great offense no doubt. I don't think they run it better than Holgerson, Gundy, etc.

I think Alabama will execute better the blueprint that Texas used, without wasting offensive possessions and without dumb penalties killing drives. Texas contained OU pretty well for 6.5 of the 8 quarters we played. I don’t blame the defense at all for the loss on Saturday. The offense simply failed to execute. I don’t like to make excuses about officiating, but the non-call PI on 3rd down to Humphrey was a game-changer. It’s like the refs felt bad that they were going to have to throw ANOTHER flag on the tiny OU corners because they couldn’t cover LJ and CJ. Anyway, the officiating will be better for Alabama and they will run the ball on OU. Saban will expose that defense.

Reactions: q1w2e3
I think Alabama will execute better the blueprint that Texas used, without wasting offensive possessions and without dumb penalties killing drives. Texas contained OU pretty well for 6.5 of the 8 quarters we played. I don’t blame the defense at all for the loss on Saturday. The offense simply failed to execute. I don’t like to make excuses about officiating, but the non-call PI on 3rd down to Humphrey was a game-changer. It’s like the refs felt bad that they were going to have to throw ANOTHER flag on the tiny OU corners because they couldn’t cover LJ and CJ. Anyway, the officiating will be better for Alabama and they will run the ball on OU. Saban will expose that defense.
Our defense has been exposed all year..

Bama wins by 3 scores, especially if Brown isn’t good to go. We’ll get yet another Bama/Clemson championship game with Bama winning the rubber match

Alabama could struggle defending OU’s dual threat QB and their running game. Alabama usually sells out to stop the run, this could leave gaping holes for OU’s WRs.

Who do you guys have in the other games?

Bama-OU - I'll take OU
Clem-ND - I'll take Clem

Clem-OU - I'll take Clem

LSU-UCF - LSU ends UCFs streak
Florida-Michigan - Florida wins a close one
Texas-Georgia - Texas surprises
tOSU-Wash - Washington wins a close, low scoring game

Bama-OU - I'll take OU
Clem-ND - I'll take Clem

Clem-OU - I'll take Clem

Clemson over OU in the finale

LSU
Michigan
Texas
Washington

No QB, plus I just don't think Florida and LSU are good teams. Was close to picking UCF over LSU. That's how low my opinion of them is.

UCF's backup QB is pretty impressive. I give them a decent shot to beat LSU. Aside from their annoying national champions talk BS, that would be pretty impressive for lowly UCF to beat two "mighty" $EC in consecutive years. Not that the $EC is overrated or anything. ;)

OU has no chance against Bama. Bama plays much better D than Texas and with several weeks of game prep Saban will be able to figure out multiple ways to confuse Murray. He's going to see blitzes early and often. They aren't going to let him get comfortable at all. Bama's D will force him to rush throws and Bama's offense will be able to control time of posession.

Bama wins 49-21 with Tua resting in the 4th quarter .

OU has no chance against Bama. Bama plays much better D than Texas and with several weeks of game prep Saban will be able to figure out multiple ways to confuse Murray. He's going to see blitzes early and often. They aren't going to let him get comfortable at all. Bama's D will force him to rush throws and Bama's offense will be able to control time of posession.

No way that Bama holds OU to only 21 points. They will score 30+ on Alabama.

Bama-OU - I'll take OU
Clem-ND - I'll take Clem

Clem-OU - I'll take Clem

OU (My Heart)
Clemson (Don't think this one is close)
LSU (Close game wouldn't be surprised if UCF pulled it out)
Michigan wins 6-3
UT (SEC Hate)
tOSU (Just better)

I didn’t say who I thought would win. I said I hope they win. OU has as good a chance as Texas to win. I think it would be great for the bias for SEC on ESPN. I know some like Tom Petty would hate so see OU win. He wouldn’t even speak up for them or the conference. What a guy.

I didn’t say who I thought would win. I said I hope they win. OU has as good a chance as Texas to win. I think it would be great for the bias for SEC on ESPN. I know some like Tom Petty would hate so see OU win. He wouldn’t even speak up for them or the conference. What a guy.

Yeah well, at least he won't back down.

Reactions: freeper and Scholz
UCF's backup QB is pretty impressive. I give them a decent shot to beat LSU. Aside from their annoying national champions talk BS, that would be pretty impressive for lowly UCF to beat two "mighty" $EC in consecutive years. Not that the $EC is overrated or anything. ;)
I like UCF over LSU too. Both starting corners are out for LSU, Greedy Williams is being greedy and sitting out for the draft and Kristen Fulton got injured. And UCF will be the more motivated team, which is Huge in non-playoff bowls. I like UT's chances Way more then OU's for the same reason. Ohio State is going to beat the shit out of Washington, the PAC12 is horrible. Florida Michigan game is a total toss up, it all depends on how tight the refs call defensive holding. If refs let Michigan DBs hold, they will smoke Florida. Michigan has crazy physical corners, but they hold every play. If not, Florida speed will win the day. Clemson is too fast for ND, but I expect it to be close for some reason.

I like UCF over LSU too. Both starting corners are out for LSU, Greedy Williams is being greedy and sitting out for the draft and Kristen Fulton got injured. And UCF will be the more motivated team, which is Huge in non-playoff bowls. I like UT's chances Way more then OU's for the same reason. Ohio State is going to beat the shit out of Washington, the PAC12 is horrible. Florida Michigan game is a total toss up, it all depends on how tight the refs call defensive holding. If refs let Michigan DBs hold, they will smoke Florida. Michigan has crazy physical corners, but they hold every play. If not, Florida speed will win the day. Clemson is too fast for ND, but I expect it to be close for some reason.

Not so fast on that MI defense my friend. tOSU dropped 62 and 567 on that alleged #1 ranked defense of theirs. And after 4 years JH still doesn't have a program defining win.

Not so fast on that MI defense my friend. tOSU dropped 62 and 567 on that alleged #1 ranked defense of theirs. And after 4 years JH still doesn't have a program defining win.
Refs didn't let Michigan mug their receivers. If they had, it would have been much closer, but OSU is better. Florida isn't as talented as OSU, but may be as talented as Michigan. I wonder if Michigan will be as motivated as Florida. In other words, I have no idea how this one pans out.

^This. Orlando made a mistake playing it safe to contain Murray running. The result was enough time in the pocket for Kyler to knit a sweater while his WRs eventually eluded coverage.

Fwiw in regards to the Golden Domers. They haven't won an NY6 level bowl in 25 years. They've had 7 tries and lost by double digit margins every time. And they haven't won a NC in 30 years. I detest them I don't care who they play I always pull for the other team even when I know they don't have a chance (SC). That said they earned their spot in the playoffs. But I hope Clemson beats them within an inch of their lives.

I want UCF to beat LSU I don't know if they can do it without their qb though. I can't stand the SEC and who cares if UCF gets a lot of free pub? They've won what 25 in a row as far as I'm concerned they deserve it. They beat an overrated SEC team last year and they'll make it 2 in a row on NYD.

FL/MI I hate this matchup cause i can't stand either team. If the cow college's win over LSU is not a big deal then why is FL's? Fair question.

It seems like all they're talking about in Columbus is not being in the playoffs. tOSU's d is mediocre and WA has a good running game and their d is good enough to slow down Dwayne Haskins. WA wins on NYD

Bama is just to strong for OK

ADVERTISEMENT