ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Play starts Sept.28

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
Now that we just went 1-2 thru Non-Conf play it's time to start with the B12. We have a good 9 days to recover from that hard fought game in Cali. I'm starting to see improvement especially on D but does this mean we can take care of business against our next opponent?

2-1 Iowa St. offense looks like they can put up some points averaging 40 points a game. Even if their record is against two inferior opponents I still don't take them lightly. Iowa St looks to have a poised QB with 8 TD's and only 2 int's and an RB that's avg 5+ yards a touch. I'm hoping we feed off the USC game as a huge gain in confidence and start getting back to UT football of the past.

Iowa struggled with the Mean Green, that's ISU' best opponent thus far. While they appear improved, a loss to them would be regressing from what we witnessed Saturday night.

I'm most interested to see how Texas progresses through the rest of the season as well. At Houston last year, Herman's team seemed to fizzle out toward the end of the year. Last year Houston planned all off season for the OU game and it showed in their play. I'm assuming by the way things played out the other night, the same offseason prep was utilized, but the outcome was different than the OU win was. It will be interesting to see how this loss effects the coaches and players. A win would have acted as a springboard going forward. As it sits Texas is 1-2 entering Big 12 play with the RRS looming. No doubt it will be a good one but Bob Stoops is no Lincoln Riley and Riley will at least attempt to exploit every miss match he can find.

Last edited:
Did I get a comment of mine deleted too? I could have sworn I posted a comment about being unsure how good Stanford was in light of their loss this weekend. I may be losing my mind.

Bunch of idiot gooner trolls came over here and had a circle jerk acting like 2-year olds. They're all gone.
It' never a good idea to pump your chest out before the RRS. The time Case McCoy took us to the woodshed comes to mind. I would have bet my last dime on an OU win that day.

no just talking about if Usc was good or not because Stanford looks like trash. I'm sure if it was deleted though it was just because on LonghornMM's mind was get the Blow u trash out of here.

Reactions: LonghornMM
no just talking about if Usc was good or not because Stanford looks like trash. I'm sure if it was deleted though it was just because on LonghornMM's mind was get the Blow u trash out of here.
The board works in mysterious ways sometimes lol. Well, certainly wasn't trying to be condescending if it came across that way.

That's the problem with these early polls even though they say they don't mean anything. When the first real polls come out in a couple weeks, the top 10 will be pretty much the same as the AP poll predicts up to that point. Who's to say OSU was No. 2? USC? Why OU in the top 10 considering all of the talent we lost on offense? Always a little baffled who/how they come out with a starting poll each year. I'm certainly not complaining about OU's position though.

I'm most interested to see how Texas progresses through the rest of the season as well. At Houston last year, Herman's team seemed to fizzle out toward the end of the year. Last year Houston planned all off season for the OU game and it showed in their play. I'm assuming by the way things played out the other night, the same offseason prep was utilized, but the outcome was different than the OU win was. It will be interesting to see how this loss effects the coaches and players. A win would have acted as a springboard going forward. As it sits Texas is 1-2 entering Big 12 play with the RRS looming. No doubt it will be a good one but Bob Stoops is no Lincoln Riley and Riley will at least attempt to exploit every miss match he can find.

USC>tosu

USC has a qb 10x better than tosu's. It's not even close, really. A win over Stanford is 5X better than a win over Indiana. If you want to do comparisons, your schedule is weaker.

USC>tosu

USC has a qb 10x better than tosu's. It's not even close, really. A win over Stanford is 5X better than a win over Indiana. If you want to do comparisons, your schedule is weaker.
See, now this is really an objective post LOL. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you may be right but you arguing about a win over Stanford being 5x better than a win over Indiana, at least this year is a little suspect or are you just discounting Stanford's loss to SDSU altogether? If you want to say OU's schedule is weaker, that's fine and I'm not going to disagree necessarily although I think your logic is a little one sided. Regardless, OU thoroughly dominated their OOC opponents.

See, now this is really an objective post LOL. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you may be right but you arguing about a win over Stanford being 5x better than a win over Indiana, at least this year is a little suspect or are you just discounting Stanford's loss to SDSU altogether? If you want to say OU's schedule is weaker, that's fine and I'm not going to disagree necessarily although I think your logic is a little one sided. Regardless, OU thoroughly dominated their OOC opponents.

Oh, never said OU isn't the better team at least by stats.

ADVERTISEMENT