ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Record

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
I haven't seen anyone really mention it or I just missed it but did anyone even notice that we could possibly be 6-3 in the conference?

2013 7-2 Last year for Mack
2014 5-4 Strong
2015 4-5 Strong
2016 3-6 Strong
2017 5-3 with 1 game left. First year with THerman

I know we've been measuring the overall record against Strong and comparing but have we discussed the obvious up tick in Wins in conference record?

Reactions: hookem777
Also I'd like to add. Herman also could have and should have won against USC and OU in my opinion we let those games go when we had them won.

No doubt this team is better and on the right track. But a loss to tech could definitely derail all of this.

Also I'd like to add. Herman also could have and should have won against USC and OU in my opinion we let those games go when we had them won.

No doubt this team is better and on the right track. But a loss to tech could definitely derail all of this.

OK State winnable and OU winnable in conference play. Hopefully we win out and go into the off season excited and hopeful for next season.

Ok St I'd say we didn't show up on offense. But we also have injuries everywhere.

With TCU, OU and OSU all losing expierenced QBs at the end of the year I really think top 3 in conference next year is a very reasonable expectation.

Maybe, but those teams have very good systems that are just as likely to reload than have to rebuild.

Maybe, but those teams have very good systems that are just as likely to reload than have to rebuild.
Maybe. But we were competitive with all 3 of those teams. Even a slight improvement on offense and a small step back by them were in the mix.

We need to stay healthy at QB next year for sure and hopefully not lose as many OL to injury.
QB is gonna be young. I could be wrong and hope I am because we need the depth but I think Shane is gonna transfer. It would be nice to have a jr backup though.

Next year will be better, no doubt BUT if the OL doesn't shore up, we will be in trouble. QB will be a strength
RB will be a strength
WR will be a strength
OL will be weak with Connor leaving and no heavy recruits coming in.
DL will be weak with Ford leaving
LB will be the same even with Jefferson leaving
DB will be better, especially if Hill come back. I expect a top 10 ranking position

I could see this team being a top 10 team next year but I could see this team being a 4 loss team as well.

Is Jefferson for sure leaving? Our juniors should stay they all need more training befor the NFL .....

Is Jefferson for sure leaving? Our juniors should stay they all need more training befor the NFL .....
Not sure if he is but I'm assuming he's prepping for that transition. I would love to see everyone one come back, Connor, Malik and Hill

Honestly if ur a projected NFL draft pick, why would u not leave? The sooner these guys can make money, the better

Sometimes guys stay,Ricky williams comes to mind,According to draft boards,top players from Texas Williams,Jefferson,Hill but could go down based on drug use.

Jefferson hill and Elliott should stay.my two cents. They all have flaws that need polished and could raise stock if they do.

Maybe. But we were competitive with all 3 of those teams. Even a slight improvement on offense and a small step back by them were in the mix.
The offensive line & wide receivers are unproven, inconsistent, & lack depth. With a healthy Sam & the same quality defense, we have a shot at improving. Otherwise, we are looking at a similar record next year (as this year).

Last edited:
Sometimes guys stay,Ricky williams comes to mind,According to draft boards,top players from Texas Williams,Jefferson,Hill but could go down based on drug use.

Ricky just doesnt count. Even after he went pro as a graduating(???) senior he had no clue and signed with a damned record producer.....got a crappy contract and never cared one way or another.....all those guys dream of being able to go to the league, but not having the talent. Ricky had talent to burn, but could have cared less. Some would say it was sad, but I doubt if Ricky has any regrets whatever....power to him.

Did you notice D'onta Foreman's Achilles injury. I'm glad he got paid first.

ADVERTISEMENT