ADVERTISEMENT

Congrat Tommy-- you blew this one big time

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Dear Tommy,

How did you fvck this one up? It was a gift. A gift on a silver platter with a bow tied on it. Not getting the Brockermeyer boys is not a reflection of the program. It's a reflection of you. Your actions over the last three years are the reason the two best offensive lineman in the country at their respective positions will be going to Alabama. Nick saban just dragged his nuts right through your gravy bowl during Thanksgiving dinner.

Great job Tommy. You managed to run off legacy longhorns. I'm flat the fvck out disgusted.

Dear Tommy,

How did you fvck this one up? It was a gift. A gift on a silver platter with a bow tied on it. Not getting the Brockermeyer boys is not a reflection of the program. It's a reflection of you. Your actions over the last three years are the reason the two best offensive lineman in the country at their respective positions will be going to Alabama. Nick saban just dragged his nuts right through your gravy bowl during Thanksgiving dinner.

Great job Tommy. You managed to run off legacy longhorns. I'm flat the fvck out disgusted.

Care to elaborate?

I think my Covid mask says it all.
Has your luck changed on your assigned airline seat partner? Or, are you still being selectively punished by the airline gods?
planes_trains_automobiles.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangerHorn
Ok lets all take a chill pill sit in the shade and cool off.

I'm not trying to be a glass is half full guy here but there is still 5 months till signing day. And because of this pandemic I think there will be a record number of de committs this year.

I've said this so many times on here that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors with coach Herman.

And if they really to iive in a place likeTuscaloosa AL for 4 years let em.

National recruiting is now the name of the game in recruiting and no state is exempt. And the truth of the matter is there are a lot of outstanding ol who will want to play for Coach Herman and Texas.

When you come in breathing fire and make a childish ass out of yourself. Respectable parents won't want to send their kids to play for you. When you show little regard to the safety of your players, respectable parents won't want to send their kids to play for you.

Tom Herman = Jerry Glandville

He wants to be Bear Bryant but he still hasn't grown up enough to be a leader and a molder of men. This isn't the job to grow up in, this is a job you get because you are a high functioning coach that is a leader, and a teacher.

Tom has two years max to prove he is more than the perception we have of him.

Reactions: HornNation101
TH really blew it. Curious to find out what the heck happened. These young men actually stated at one time that playing together at UT would be a dream come true for them and their family. These are program changing type of players who don't come around very often. I'm just beyond disappointed and completely turned off by this staff. I really don't see any possibility for them to change their minds. Why would they do that? I'm sure TH's lack of control and leadership was pretty evident when so many players started ridiculously griping about inequality and racism at UT. That whole crap show probably didn't sit well with the Brockermeyers. Why would you want to go to war with people who lack the focus and discipline to win championships? If social justice is most important thing for UT players, fine. Good luck attracting recruits that are serious athletes who excel at the highest levels. Notice how Bama had no issues with players griping and organizing for social justice against their school and football program? It's because they have leadership that consistently holds everyone accountable and focused on winning. This could be the beginning of the end for Herman.

When you come in breathing fire and make a childish ass out of yourself. Respectable parents won't want to send their kids to play for you. When you show little regard to the safety of your players, respectable parents won't want to send their kids to play for you.

He wants to be Bear Bryant but he still hasn't grown up enough to be a leader and a molder of men. This isn't the job to grow up in, this is a job you get because you are a high functioning coach that is a leader, and a teacher.

No, no, no my friend the covid outbreak has bought many a coach another 3 or 4 years just due to ‘uncertainty, sporadic practice/playing schedule severely limiting effective recruiting methods etc. Trust me a good bs’er will milk the covid for all it’s worth, at least they better.

Ok lets all take a chill pill sit in the shade and cool off.

I'm not trying to be a glass is half full guy here but there is still 5 months till signing day. And because of this pandemic I think there will be a record number of de committs this year.

I've said this so many times on here that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors with coach Herman.

And if they really to iive in a place likeTuscaloosa AL for 4 years let em.

National recruiting is now the name of the game in recruiting and no state is exempt. And the truth of the matter is there are a lot of outstanding ol who will want to play for Coach Herman and Texas.

I am continuously amused at the elitism about Austin. I know it's shocking, but some people like an actual college town, especially lately, vs a "woke" urban area.

Reactions: HornNation101

At his absolute worst Tom Herman is no Jerry Glanville. You ever seen him all dressed in black? Case closed.

That giving the finger bit. He was talking about the times when he was an asst at TX and he was imitating some sooner grandma who flipped off the TX bus. Hey that's part of TX/OK lore. And everybody on the show thought they were off camera.

I see a lot of 4 and 5* recruits coming to TX and apparently those parents and guardians who raised those kids like him. I do know that Junior Angilou's family liked Coach Herman and sure most of the others did to.

I liked what happened at OSU he's letting those players I'm tired of losing to OSU. I'm tired of losing too.

His role model is Urban Meyer not Bear Bryant.

When it comes to the coaching changes he had pretty much the staff for 3 years. How could he have not seen what kind of person Drew Mehringer was?

Personally I have no problem with how coach Herman has handled these uncertain racial times.

And yes the players have to accept some responsibility this is big time college fb players and coaches accept responsibility together win or lose. Last years senior class did not lead. Imo only Devin Duvernay raised his game.

I look at our schedule and if we cancel our non con schedule and of that I am certain we will have an extra month to get ready for the season. I'm hopeful heck if you're not hopeful why watch?

Has your luck changed on your assigned airline seat partner? Or, are you still being selectively punished by the airline gods?
planes_trains_automobiles.jpg
Ha. Southwest to Nashville. Had my own row on both flights. Maybe only 60 people on each flight. You have to sit aisle and window only. You wouldn't believe how many people would stop me in the airport and ask for a photo. It was funny as hell and I got a real kick out of it. Making folks smile and laugh a little always feels good. The lady in the row in front of me asked if she could take a pic for her husband and I obliged, provided she text it to me so I could Twitter it.
I promise you I'm going to die of high fives long before Covid gets me. And the cool thing is, many folks take the meaning of the mask in different ways. Some people see it as just a hassle.
”I have to wear a mask all day? This is bullshit!"

Some see it as "these stupid masks don't work. This is bullshit!"

Some see "this is government over reach! It's unconstitutional! This is bullshit!"

One dude was like "Covid really suck. I don't want to catch it. This is bullshit!"

It's been an absolute blast wearing this. I can't wait for when I have to go to Europe.

I am continuously amused at the elitism about Austin. I know it's shocking, but some people like an actual college town, especially lately, vs a "woke" urban area.
Nobody on this board is elitist (except for @Belldozer1 , he used his stimulus check to buy a set of shiny new mags for his trailer house and has had an elitist attitude ever since). There may be an element of truth to your post-there is a tad more Wokey McWokefaces in Austin and UT, nonetheless it would have been a factor towards the bottom of the list in this case. I was watching fanatic perspective on Youtube and he was trying to put some context to the Brockermeyer deal. He made a good point about how many 1st and 2nd round NFL players bama has had over the years including the championships. I think he mentioned that over the Saban era at bama, Texas has only had 1 OL in the 1st round (Connor Williams). Others contend it was a personality rift between the Brocks and Herman, I wouldn't know.

At his absolute worst Tom Herman is no Jerry Glanville. You ever seen him all dressed in black? Case closed.

That giving the finger bit. He was talking about the times when he was an asst at TX and he was imitating some sooner grandma who flipped off the TX bus. Hey that's part of TX/OK lore. And everybody on the show thought they were off camera.

I see a lot of 4 and 5* recruits coming to TX and apparently those parents and guardians who raised those kids like him. I do know that Junior Angilou's family liked Coach Herman and sure most of the others did to.

I liked what happened at OSU he's letting those players I'm tired of losing to OSU. I'm tired of losing too.

His role model is Urban Meyer not Bear Bryant.

When it comes to the coaching changes he had pretty much the staff for 3 years. How could he have not seen what kind of person Drew Mehringer was?

Personally I have no problem with how coach Herman has handled these uncertain racial times.

And yes the players have to accept some responsibility this is big time college fb players and coaches accept responsibility together win or lose. Last years senior class did not lead. Imo only Devin Duvernay raised his game.

I look at our schedule and if we cancel our non con schedule and of that I am certain we will have an extra month to get ready for the season. I'm hopeful heck if you're not hopeful why watch?
And this right here is why the liberal media love sheeple like yourself. You not only believe all you’re told you disseminate it as if you were actually in the room and have first hand knowledge. =)roll

Nobody on this board is elitist (except for @Belldozer1 , he used his stimulus check to buy a set of shiny new mags for his trailer house and has had an elitist attitude ever since). There may be an element of truth to your post-there is a tad more Wokey McWokefaces in Austin and UT, nonetheless it would have been a factor towards the bottom of the list in this case. I was watching fanatic perspective on Youtube and he was trying to put some context to the Brockermeyer deal. He made a good point about how many 1st and 2nd round NFL players bama has had over the years including the championships. I think he mentioned that over the Saban era at bama, Texas has only had 1 OL in the 1st round (Connor Williams). Others contend it was a personality rift between the Brocks and Herman, I wouldn't know.
Wrong my friend, I upgraded my tornado deflector package that came as an option on my mobile home when purchased. It may burn down from faulty wiring but it will NEVER take abuse from gale force winds

I agree with this. Our facilities and support match up will anyone, but there is a slight difference between us and Bama. Could it be skins on the wall and draft picks? I think the Brockermeyers' decision was based more on that than personality conflicts with Tom Herman, but I have no intimate knowledge of that. That stud LB from Duncanville just chose Bama over us and I'll bet their NFL reputation was a huge factor. My previous comment was mainly in response to thinking that a player cares that much about what type of town in which a University is located, as long as that school competing for or winning champonships and putting players in the league. OU is an excellent example.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Both those boys are going to ge a shot in the league no matter where they go to college. They CHOSE not to be at the same school with their own brother. The school where their daddy has a painting hanging on the fvcking wall.

This isn't about not wanting to be a longhorn or a first round draft pick. This is about not wanting to be around Tom.

Dear Tommy,

Boo Hoo, the world has ended.

Reactions: outhereincali
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT