ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus head count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
I'm curious how many of you personally know anyone who has tested positive for the virus or worse, died from it. I deal with a heck of a lot of folks and I do not personally know anyone who has come down with it. Not saying it's fake news I'm just curious what everyone else is seeing.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
One person. In his early 40s and had very light symptoms. Seems to be doing well.

Reactions: Belldozer1
You will never get me to PAY for a test. I have to work. Once I take the test, I forfeit my ability to work and pay bills. Also, my neighbors immediately become my enemy. They will be watching me like the Gestapo. So no, I've never had it.

Last edited:
In 3 different cities
2 different countries
One of them because they decided to take a trip during spring break.

You will never get me to PAY for a test. I have to work. Once you take the test, you forfeit your ability to work and pay your bills. Also, your neighbors immediately become your enemy. They will be watching you like the Gestapo. So no, I've never had it.
good points and something to consider. In essence you’re condemned if appesrs. I have it on pretty reliable info that the 44 year old guy that died in New Braunfels and made national news last week, didn’t actually die from the virus but as a consequence of a treatment procedure that had adverse effects.

good points and something to consider. In essence you’re condemned if appesrs. I have it on pretty reliable info that the 44 year old guy that died in New Braunfels and made national news last week, didn’t actually die from the virus but as a consequence of a treatment procedure that had adverse effects.

Hmmm... at least my recommendations were published in PubMed.Gov. I was passing on info from studies. All remedies were naturally occurring plants that are not poisonous. No Pharma. I must say, I have learned my lesson that no good deed goes unpunished. I will keep my ideas to myself. :)

Reactions: oldhorn2
Bell....I am not sure your “8ball” qualifies as a reliable source.

Chances are good........what do you think.....

Nueces...... at least you have had some ideas and we’re good enough to pass them on. I ain’t heard much from the govt.

Mine comes from a person who may have been there. He was being Treated in Austin. He may or may not have had a severe complication while having his blood filtered.

Someone should go watch Chris Cuomo’s segment on CNN last night. He’s has the virus, you know. At the end of his show he’s cutting up and laughing and joking with Don Lemon but then says it’s awful and wouldn’t wish it on his worst enemy. Cuomo has it but what people need to realize is that it’s nowhere near a death sentence and 80% of the people who get it will have mild symptoms, just like him

Hmmm... at least my recommendations were published in PubMed.Gov. I was passing on info from studies. All remedies were naturally occurring plants that are not poisonous. No Pharma. I must say, I have learned my lesson that no good deed goes unpunished. I will keep my ideas to myself. :)
Are you sure you’re responding to my post?

Damned spell check....Nueces, I was trying to say you were good enough to pass along your ideas....That's better than any "official" information we have gotten

I’d think the longer this goes on the more likely you may end up knowing some one personally just hope they are healthy enough to fight through it.

Dude from NB was a smoker. Already had damaged lungs.

bElldOzer-- any Guys at your place of EmplOyment Giving down any company directives? I've done Zoom meetings with the guys in the Woodlands, the guys in San Ramon, California-- the guys in Pau, France and the guys in London. Everyone seems to be a little shell shocked so they have frozen spending on anything that is not mission critical. Huge producing wells are the only things getting any money directed at them right now. It seems like everyone is in a "stand by to stand by" mode at this time.

Where are you guys at?

I've read that 113K people have recovered from the virus, but that isn't publicized. Only the negative/deaths. The number of recoveries is probably much larger than that though.

Dude from NB was a smoker. Already had damaged lungs.

bElldOzer-- any Guys at your place of EmplOyment Giving down any company directives? I've done Zoom meetings with the guys in the Woodlands, the guys in San Ramon, California-- the guys in Pau, France and the guys in London. Everyone seems to be a little shell shocked so they have frozen spending on anything that is not mission critical. Huge producing wells are the only things getting any money directed at them right now. It seems like everyone is in a "stand by to stand by" mode at this time.

Where are you guys at?
Here’s where we’re at: 2.5 weeks ago we’re running 10 drilling rigs, 8 frac rigs @$40-$50 oil. Today we’re at 1 drilling rig, 1 frac rig, and that’s for our WHOLE Eagleford play. Keep in mind we have close to 800,000 acres in play here. The fortunate things for us is that pretty much all of that is held by production so we’re not under obligation to drill to keep acreage. Having said that I’m working on a 4 well package that we’re going to drill mid Apr. we are moving to shutting in as many oil wells as our leases will allow and possibly obtaining consents from larger ranches to allow us to defer producing until prices come up. We are under obligation to drill a couple King Ranch wells a year regardless of natural gas prices.

I posted this on a earlier message but here is my personal take:

So.... my the gal that cuts my hair- her father (who wasn't in the best of health at 65) went to a large concert at the end of February and caught what the docs called pneumonia and passed away 7 days later. I would bet a lot that it was Corona related.

Also the gentleman that did my Aunt's funeral ceremony "Termite Watkins" is in the fight of his life. He tested positive. Google 'em. He's a cool story.

Also one of my good friends, her mom tested Positive for it but isn't showing any bad signs and isn't hospitalized.

So this damn little virus is hitting close to home.

Y'all stay safe and hook'em

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I'm curious how many of you personally know anyone who has tested positive for the virus or worse, died from it. I deal with a heck of a lot of folks and I do not personally know anyone who has come down with it. Not saying it's fake news I'm just curious what everyone else is seeing.

Curiosity killed the cat!

You will never get me to PAY for a test. I have to work. Once I take the test, I forfeit my ability to work and pay bills. Also, my neighbors immediately become my enemy. They will be watching me like the Gestapo. So no, I've never had it.

They probably already watchin your ass 2300!

Here’s where we’re at: 2.5 weeks ago we’re running 10 drilling rigs, 8 frac rigs @$40-$50 oil. Today we’re at 1 drilling rig, 1 frac rig, and that’s for our WHOLE Eagleford play. Keep in mind we have close to 800,000 acres in play here. The fortunate things for us is that pretty much all of that is held by production so we’re not under obligation to drill to keep acreage. Having said that I’m working on a 4 well package that we’re going to drill mid Apr. we are moving to shutting in as many oil wells as our leases will allow and possibly obtaining consents from larger ranches to allow us to defer producing until prices come up. We are under obligation to drill a couple King Ranch wells a year regardless of natural gas prices.

About right for you Bell, everybodys dying from the virus and your worried about oil, sounds like a OU fan to me...

About right for you Bell, everybodys dying from the virus and your worried about oil, sounds like a OU fan to me...
Surely you understand the impact of having the workforce employed? We, as in America, are dealing with a double whammy here.

Oh no the fake media has gotten to @StrangerHorn. He’s the deal, a very small percentage of folks are dying from this deal but a very large amount of folks are losing their jobs over this deal.

Last edited:
and this virus is serious. Theyre stacking bodies in NYC right now. theyve called up the national guard mortuary affairs corps for a reason. Thousands are dying. A thousand died yesterday and if you dont take that seriously i dont know what to tell you. And theyre not all old people or people with immune disorders. Doctors are enforcing do not resuscitate orders in new york because they have no way to save them. take the shit seriously and stay home.

and this virus is serious. Theyre stacking bodies in NYC right now. theyve called up the national guard mortuary affairs corps for a reason. Thousands are dying. A thousand died yesterday and if you dont take that seriously i dont know what to tell you. And theyre not all old people or people with immune disorders. Doctors are enforcing do not resuscitate orders in new york because they have no way to save them. take the shit seriously and stay home.
Correct, thousands of people are dying. Check out the Flu and Pneumonia deaths per week in the Link. I don't recall people giving much a shit about these people. Not to mention the 50-60 Thousand Americans per year that commit suicide about 1.5 Million Worldwide (I personally knew 3 people that committed suicide last year). Yes, the Virus is serious, but so are these others.

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/m...s5mhp3QATH2Wp5Z4O9o5VX1Wo722Nu8LhEHHabLHqIDu8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT