ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus head count

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point we will have to ask ourselves what the greater good actually is. Environmentalists aren't cheering wildly--- because let's be honest-- there are 7.8 billion people on this planet. If we cut that population number by 3 billion, it would be very good for the environment. Right? Fewer people = less pollution. So why aren't the people that truly believe in population impact on the environment staying silent?

Reactions: LonghornMM
The way I feel! only Vietnam!

iSDCQ6J.jpg

I like it that people are ok with death until it’s them or family. Stop with the bravado it’s faker than CNN and FOX news.
Seems to me that people are okay with and have been okay with death unless it's from The Chinese Virus, then it's Oh My God people are dying!! We better shutdown the Country and destroy the Economy!

So whats going to happen when Trump says back to business, whenever that is, and Cuomo, Newsome (and in Dallas - Clay Jenkins) say no?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edit For Correction:

March 2,2020 = 3,117 total deaths (not in a 24 hour period).

April 2, 2020 = 53,167 total deaths (not in a 24 hour period).

Not saying it is the apocalypse but it could grow to be a very serious problem.

I have tried to keep my head down and work via zoom and telephone as much as I can. My wife did end up losing her job along with everyone else at her office. We don’t overspend. We are frugal and live well within our means. Unfortunately I don’t have to travel any farther than my cul de sac to find those who have done just the opposite and are going to be in real financial difficulties.

I am ready for things to get back to normal but I am afraid it will be a little while before it does.

To pass the extra time I have found, I have reloaded 6-700 rounds of ammo. The problem is the majority is 45-70 ammo....you ever sat at a bench and shot 100 rounds of 45-70? Me neither. I would rather take my chances with Coronavirus.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

March 2,2020 = 3,117 deaths in a 24 hour period.

April 2, 2020 = 53,167 deaths in 24 hour period.

Not saying it is the apocalypse but it could grow to be a very serious problem.
This isn't correct. Those numbers are Total Deaths Worldwide to date as of the 2 days you noted, not number of Deaths in 24 Hours. New Deaths Worldwide in the last 24 Hours is currently 2600 (that number changes as you refresh the link).

Reactions: Belldozer1
This isn't correct. Those numbers are Total Deaths Worldwide to date as of the 2 days you noted, not number of Deaths in 24 Hours. New Deaths Worldwide in the last 24 Hours is currently 2600 (that number changes as you refresh the link).
Gotcha. Running total. Thx. I feel much better. From reading the reports, and I try not to do so very often as you can tell, it appears New York is “ground zero” for the USA. I wonder why there vs LA? Is it just because it is so densely populated?

Gotcha. Running total. Thx. I feel much better. From reading the reports, and I try not to do so very often as you can tell, it appears New York is “ground zero” for the USA. I wonder why there vs LA? Is it just because it is so densely populated?

Rush Limbaugh is asking the same thing.

California governor Gavin Newsom has assured his state that over half of the population — or, in his words, 56 percent — will soon be infected. That is, more than 25 million coronavirus cases are on the horizon, which, at the virus’s current fatality rate of 1-2 percent (the ratio of deaths to known positive cases), would mean that the state should anticipate 250,000-500,000 dead Californians in the near future. Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti predicted that this week Los Angeles would be short of all sorts of medical supplies as the epidemic killed many hundreds, as is the case in New York City.

“It’s been well over two months since the first certified coronavirus case in the United States, so one might expect to see early symptoms of the apocalypse recently forecast by Governor Newsom. Yet a number of California’s top doctors, epidemiologists, statisticians, and biophysicists … have expressed some skepticism about the bleak models predicting that we are on the verge of a statewide or even national lethal pandemic of biblical proportions.”

It’s a gigantic question. California ought to be the epicenter. It ought to be ground zero of infection, and it isn’t.

Now, the governor clearly says it’s coming. Governor Newsom and the mayor of Los Angeles both say it’s coming, so it may be premature to be commenting on this. But the disparity here in the number of cases and the number of deaths and the number of hospitalizations in California versus, say, New York and some states on the East Coast is striking.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/03/31/why-isnt-california-ground-zero-of-infection/

Stop watching Dr. Farce. Then you’ll feel better and realize the chances of you dying from this are about the same percentage of you dying from the annual flu.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
This will end badly. The economic damage is done. I laughed at the SBA loan deal. It's only going to slow the default rate and make life worse.

I think I may know how to kill this virus. If I can just convince the CDC to allow the Horns to go ahead and hold their annual spring football game and then somehow harness all of the sunshine subsequently pumped here in Orangebloods and unleash it around the country, I truly believe we could eradicate this booger. Agree?

you may be on to something Bell. At least you are still trying to promote ideas.Maybe Byden could use that?

I see where oil went over 27.00 per bbl today. I know that is at least 20.00 bucks short of where we need it, but it still is a move in the right direction.

I see where oil went over 27.00 per bbl today. I know that is at least 20.00 bucks short of where we need it, but it still is a move in the right direction.
Heck $45bucks would dang near have the effect of $80 as far as ramping back up our operations at this point

I'm curious how many of you personally know anyone who has tested positive for the virus or worse, died from it. I deal with a heck of a lot of folks and I do not personally know anyone who has come down with it. Not saying it's fake news I'm just curious what everyone else is seeing.

I personally know of 2 people, both of whom I have known for 40 plus years. The husband is a member of our Football Pool that our group has been enjoying since it was formed 40 years ago, this fall (1980). They live in Sun Valley, Idaho half the year, and in Dallas the other half.

They caught the Coronavirus bug as they traveled back to Dallas just about 2 months ago. They were in the hospital for 5 days (husband & wife, both), then they recovered well enough to be allowed to go home and finish rehabbing at home in Dallas, where they are today, thank God.

And they are both about 60 years of age, in average good health - and it was enough to survive the virus.

May God bless & keep all of us safe from harm,
Texas008
(for what it's worth, I am encouraging President Trump to allow those who want, to go back to work.)

The United States of America is projected to have 82,000 deaths by August.

There were 4300 recorded deaths on Wednesday the first day of the month. 3 days later and its now 8,300.

The state of CA is projected to have 56 % of its population infected with the coronavirus that's approx 25.2 mil people.

The governor of CA is doing everything possible to get in front of this virus. But there's not enough ventilators to go around. In Placer County where I live if you go outside to go somewhere you have to wear a mask.

If you had it but recovered pray and be thankful that you came out ok. Then pray for the ones that didn't make it.

And the links I read show that TX is about to get hard with the coronavirus. The number of cases and deaths is about to skyrocket.

And now your lt. governor goes on tv and says we need to go to work rather than deal with the virus cause they we're just old people anyway. And Lufkin, TX says to heck the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT