ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus head count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the number of deaths will obviously continue to rise, but note that 85%-90% of deaths have another underlying health issue. People are not solely dying due to The Chinese Virus. I think we are quickly learning that Americans really aren't that healthy overall. Also, during the first 3 weeks of March; 10,888 deaths were attributed to the flu/pneumonia in the US.

Were concerned because we don't have a cure. And then you have 10 very ill patients but there is only one respirator available who gets it? We're on a course to pass up Italy for most deaths from the coronavirus and it won't take to long. I'm afraid that we may get to the 82,000 deaths that were predicted.

And I'm sorry but 10,888 deaths from the flu in 3 weeks? We're projected to lose up to 30,000 maybe even 40,000+ deaths in April alone. And in MI they're seeing a sharp increase among young people dying from this terrible virus. I'm worried that this will start to hit more than just old people and people with pre existing conditions. In CA when you go outside and you have to wear a mask and I know other states are doing this to.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Were concerned because we don't have a cure. And then you have 10 very ill patients but there is only one respirator available who gets it? We're on a course to pass up Italy for most deaths from the coronavirus and it won't take to long. I'm afraid that we may get to the 82,000 deaths that were predicted.

And I'm sorry but 10,888 deaths from the flu in 3 weeks? We're projected to lose up to 30,000 maybe even 40,000+ deaths in April alone. And in MI they're seeing a sharp increase among young people dying from this terrible virus. I'm worried that this will start to hit more than just old people and people with pre existing conditions. In CA when you go outside and you have to wear a mask and I know other states are doing this to.

Now in Texas!

eZos50e.jpg

As of
Let’s not forget that on average 7,708 people die in a single day in the US. That doesn’t include any virus deaths. We’re all going to die of something it happens everyday. Got to keep living life.

Please tell me you don't have offspring.

As of this morning the count is 14,240. A week ago today it was approx 4300. This is the first week of April and already 10,000 people have died.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edit For Correction:

March 2,2020 = 3,117 total deaths (not in a 24 hour period).

April 2, 2020 = 53,167 total deaths (not in a 24 hour period).

Not saying it is the apocalypse but it could grow to be a very serious problem.

I have tried to keep my head down and work via zoom and telephone as much as I can. My wife did end up losing her job along with everyone else at her office. We don’t overspend. We are frugal and live well within our means. Unfortunately I don’t have to travel any farther than my cul de sac to find those who have done just the opposite and are going to be in real financial difficulties.

I am ready for things to get back to normal but I am afraid it will be a little while before it does.

To pass the extra time I have found, I have reloaded 6-700 rounds of ammo. The problem is the majority is 45-70 ammo....you ever sat at a bench and shot 100 rounds of 45-70? Me neither. I would rather take my chances with Coronavirus.

Stay safe.
Your very last paragraph is precisely why my family and our tribe still rely solely on bows and arrows for home protection

As of this morning the count is 14,240. A week ago today it was approx 4300. This is the first week of April and already 10,000 people have died.
According to Worldometer (I have no idea of its veracity for accuracy) - 47% of US cases and 54% of deaths due to Covid are from NY and NJ. With all due respect to those who have gotten Covid 19 ---- is it too much to assume that your stats are skewed to paint a bleaker picture, at least to some extent, due to the density of population in NY and NJ? That those states are unique in that respect, and the same catastrophic results may not occur in less dense areas? NY has 319 deaths per million, New Jersey 169, with Louisiana the only other state in triple digits. BTW - this is posted not to fight, but to have legitimate discussion.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
According to Worldometer (I have no idea of its veracity for accuracy) - 47% of US cases and 54% of deaths due to Covid are from NY and NJ. With all due respect to those who have gotten Covid 19 ---- is it too much to assume that your stats are skewed to paint a bleaker picture, at least to some extent, due to the density of population in NY and NJ? That those states are unique in that respect, and the same catastrophic results may not occur in less dense areas? NY has 319 deaths per million, New Jersey 169, with Louisiana the only other state in triple digits. BTW - this is posted not to fight, but to have legitimate discussion.

Well it's true that NJ and especially NY have been hit harder than anyone else. But don't forget MI and the numbers in other states are getting higher by the day. CA and WA are over 400. There's been a sharp increase in cases in a lot of states. It won't be much longer that the USA will have more deaths than any other country. I just dont know what to think to be honest.

It is now predicted to be 60,415 deaths on Aug 1 and the peak is in 4 days. The predictions keep dropping.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

It is now predicted to be 60,415 deaths on Aug 1 and the peak is in 4 days. The predictions keep dropping.

Man, if true, some of those prognosticators make Larry Sabado et al look legit.I mean at least he was in the ballpark... kind of .

I hope in the end it turns out that the alarm bells went off unnecessarily and everyone can get back to life.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
I’m hoping this shelter in place is triggering a new class of baby boomers. I’m going to need those SS checks when I retire and I’m not too enthused with the idea of having to rely on the work ethic of this generation of millennials to support Belldozer in his old age.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Travis county had it 7th reported death today, with a confirmed account of 554. =.012%
Will the deaths get higher? For sure, and so will the number of cases.

Unfortunately there are many many more cases that haven’t been reported that people recovered from just like the flu. So the mortality rate is much lower than what is being reported. Skewed stats being reported across the board. Look for OUR President to get folks back to work very soon. Everyone just needs to hang in there

Last edited:
I wonder how he's gonna get to Atlanta?

Travis county had it 7th reported death today, with a confirmed account of 554. =.012%
Will the deaths get higher? For sure, and so will the number of cases.

when you load 70 dumbasses into a chartered plane and take it to the beach in Baja and fly back to Austin with at least 40 of the 70 testing positive, you get an up tick in the numbers.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I’m hoping this shelter in place is triggering a new class of baby boomers. I’m going to need those SS checks when I retire and I’m not too enthused with the idea of having to rely on the work ethic of this generation of millennials to support Belldozer in his old age.

I spent 50 yrs working so I am entitled like The others paid for me and your entitled if its still there..others will pay for you also, take it or do without if ya got no 401K, ya can't keep ya health on just medicare, ya gotta have a 3rd party

Exactly! At first it was thought anywhere from 1-2 Million, then 500,000, then 100,000 - 240,000, then 80,000 and now 60,000...……….This article show just how far off New York Gov. Cuomo's projections were for his state:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/08/trump-was-right-cuomo-was-wrong-about-ventilator-needs/

Last edited:
On the bright side! The Church down the street, bought $5000 of Kentucky Chicken and was going door to door in our neighborhood giving every house in a 15 block radius a 6 piece chicken box with 2 rolls, it restore my faith in Humans...Trooper says Hi!, hes got a piece...LOL!

giphy.gif

Three acquaintances of our family in New York have died in the last week. 53-75 in age. Sad.

A close friend of my daughter called and he tested positive. He is young but still nervous. He has lost two friends from it. I spoke with his roommate last night. They have a little different view...more serious is how I would put it. The impact on the Manhattan/New York City area is much different than my Hometown of Houston.

My stepson's sister in law came down with it in Houston. She's only 33. She's been sick for 3 weeks and they just now diagnosed her and now she's very sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT