ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus head count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please elaborate on the "Lone Survivor" bit. Inquiring minds want to know.

I meant to say Designated Survivor instead of the movie title based on Marcus Luttrells book.
My comment just lost all intrigue now but probably makes more sense....or not....whatever.

Reactions: diadevic
I'd love for several of us to get together over a few beers in NB one day and chat.
I can have a few beers while fishing & I can have a few beers while bbq-ing, but having a few beers with other guys guys having a few beers in a place that sells many many more beers...... Let's just say I may have been the inspiration for the Hangover movies in my 20s and early 30s. ;)

I can have a few beers while fishing & I can have a few beers while bbq-ing, but having a few beers with other guys guys having a few beers in a place that sells many many more beers...... Let's just say I may have been the inspiration for the Hangover movies in my 20s and early 30s. ;)
Good news is the bar I hang out in pays for your uber ride home. No kidding. Up to 20 bucks. So now your excuses are limited to having no pedia-lite before bed time.

Reactions: LonghornMM
As of now there are over 40,000 casualties and over 759,000 cases in the United States. 9 states that have at least 1000 casualties and there will be more by the end of April. And speaking of April there are now over 36, 000 casualties this month. And it's only the 19th.

That is all.

Good news is the bar I hang out in pays for your uber ride home. No kidding. Up to 20 bucks. So now your excuses are limited to having no pedia-lite before bed time.

Clob…..what he is politely trying to tell you is that he isn't worried about the DWI....he is worried about the assault and attempted murder charges he normally faces from having a "discussion" with fellow bar patrons......Best leave that gun in the holster.....maybe ask him for BBQ

As of now there are over 40,000 casualties and over 759,000 cases in the United States. 9 states that have at least 1000 casualties and there will be more by the end of April. And speaking of April there are now over 36, 000 casualties this month. And it's only the 19th.

That is all.
According to this article from the Washington Post, 759 total deaths as of April 8 for people under 50. But, according to the article, its difficult to track because states such as California do not release information regarding age. Why?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/08/young-people-coronavirus-deaths/

This article from the Wall Street Journal this weekend indicates that the death rate of those infected is less than 1% (including all ages). The drastic action of shutting down the economy was largely based on a 3.4% death rate estimated by the WHO.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-da...irus-isnt-as-deadly-as-we-thought-11587155298

That is all.
Go read the articles about the percentage of people that are infected with corona now that they’ve started extensive testing. The majority of folks have no symptoms and now the percentage of deaths vs cases is nosediving. I’d say it’s like a heavy flu we see every year. Carry on with life everyone and stop hiding under the bed. I’ve been at work everyday and have lived to tell about it.

According to this article from the Washington Post, 759 total deaths as of April 8 for people under 50. But, according to the article, its difficult to track because states such as California do not release information regarding age. Why?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/08/young-people-coronavirus-deaths/

This article from the Wall Street Journal this weekend indicates that the death rate of those infected is less than 1% (including all ages). The drastic action of shutting down the economy was largely based on a 3.4% death rate estimated by the WHO.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-da...irus-isnt-as-deadly-as-we-thought-11587155298

I'm sure CA will publish a more detailed account of the people who here who have contacted the coronavirus. And as for the second link since I don't subscribe to the WSJ I can't read it but I've never trusted their editorial page anyway

Go read the articles about the percentage of people that are infected with corona now that they’ve started extensive testing. The majority of folks have no symptoms and now the percentage of deaths vs cases is nosediving. I’d say it’s like a heavy flu we see every year. Carry on with life everyone and stop hiding under the bed. I’ve been at work everyday and have lived to tell about it.

I wouldn't put it past the Governor's office to withhold the numbers.

Therefore I wouldn't put it past GA to cook the numbers.

In TX there has not been enough testing and I'm convinced that GA has no interest in finding out if there are unreported cases or deaths from the coronavirus.

The ones reported are the ones who have gone into the hospital been tested, and passed there.

And as bar as your reply goes. Apparently Heisenberg putting you in your place has not humbled you. It's always about you. I'm in public, I haven't contacted it lets stop it. You deliberately ignore everything else.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put it past the Governor's office to withhold the numbers.

Therefore I wouldn't put it past GA to cook the numbers.

In TX there has not been enough testing and I'm convinced that GA has no interest in finding out if there are unreported cases or deaths from the coronavirus.

The ones reported are the ones who have gone into the hospital been tested, and passed there.

And as bar as your reply goes. Apparently Heisenberg putting you in your place has not humbled you. It's always about you. I'm in public, I haven't contacted it lets stop it. You deliberately ignore everything else.
Could I interest you in some cheese with that whine. The people are rising up and saying enough is enough with the gross overreactions. It’s time to get back to work, only dems and those with guaranteed paychecks are saying otherwise. Toughen up buttercup before I bring my rock saw out to Cali and detach your state from the rest of us.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
Clob…..what he is politely trying to tell you is that he isn't worried about the DWI....he is worried about the assault and attempted murder charges he normally faces from having a "discussion" with fellow bar patrons......Best leave that gun in the holster.....maybe ask him for BBQ
First, let me start by saying that Fresh has ZERO to worry about with regard to idiots at my bar. He'll be sequestered in a private booth with two dudes that used to work at his former employer at the same time he used to work there. Nobody with any lick of sense is going to disturb them. Second, I think he's saying that once e gets started, it's tough to stop. Understandable. That's why God invented UBER and pedia-lite.

This is starting to get very interesting....$100 says those “health care workers” defiantly standing in the roadway interrupting the anti shutdown protesters wouldn’t be standing there defending Coronavirus if they were out of work without paychecks like a lot of the protesters. We must not allow Trump to get this economy rolling again before the election! Sorry, the people are acting out now.....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-clash-anti-lockdown-protesters-Colorado.html

Reactions: weevilcatch
This is starting to get very interesting....$100 says those “health care workers” defiantly standing in the roadway interrupting the anti shutdown protesters wouldn’t be standing there defending Coronavirus if they were out of work without paychecks like a lot of the protesters. We must not allow Trump to get this economy rolling again before the election! Sorry, the people are acting out now.....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-clash-anti-lockdown-protesters-Colorado.html
Humans.

We see ourselves as evolved and enlightened.

Our big brains give us the hubris that we can control mother nature and make us feel like empathy and sympathy are emotions that we created and we can control for the good of man kind.

But take away our toilet paper and ability to pay our bills for a couple of months and---- the Darwinian animal in us starts to bubble to the surface.

If it ever gets "bad" enough, the fight over who can piss in what bathroom or what pronoun you prefer to be called or what your skin color is will all be thrown out the window in favor of a desperate fight for survival. Anybody notice lately that we really aren't hearing much about high minded "social progressive issues" ?

Hmmm----- could it be because we've had it soooooo good for soooooo long that we started manufacturing more and more boogeymen to make certain portions of society feel they had a common enemy to fight against, in order to add some sort of meaning to the lives of people who consider their lives a bit empty? Haven't seen any school kid age mass shootings lately. Maybe there's an upside to this virus.

They've been trying to shut oil down for years. Now that they have it in a head lock they will keep squeezing. Your favorite congresswoman AOC tweeted "love to see it" in response to the oil crash. They are openly cheering for the economy to crash at this point. Congress's salaries should be dependent on the economy.

These boys are already announcing round 2 is on the way in the Fall and this time it’ll be commingled with the flu. CNN can hardly contain their glee and are pushing the social tracing agenda.

These boys are already announcing round 2 is on the way in the Fall and this time it’ll be commingled with the flu. CNN can hardly contain their glee and are pushing the social tracing agenda.

Have to keep fear at the front of everyone's minds. Every new case will be contributed to the protesters as well.

Reactions: Belldozer1
That makes sense. You have an underlying condition, you catch Covid 19....you are more likely to die.

I guess the moral of the story is Don’t Catch It unless you are perfectly healthy.

shows what I know.....I thought the gist of the story was that having venalators or not having ventalators did not have much of an impact one way or another.
Strangely, in places other than New York are having better success rates than New York is.

That makes sense. You have an underlying condition, you catch Covid 19....you are more likely to die.

I guess the moral of the story is Don’t Catch It unless you are perfectly healthy.
No Bolio, the moral of the story is this: if you are vulnerable or feel you are vulnerable you shelter in place. You don’t shut down the country based on hypothetical “what ifs”. It’s really not that hard to understand unless you have a political motivation.

No Bolio, the moral of the story is this: if you are vulnerable or feel you are vulnerable you shelter in place. You don’t shut down the country based on hypothetical “what ifs”. It’s really not that hard to understand unless you have a political motivation.

Agree. The economy should have never been shut down over this.

And those that respond with "well I guess you're okay with your grandparents dying" are ****wads. No, I'm not okay with that actually. But I'm also not okay with the 20+ million now on the unemployment train who can't pay their mortgage, save for their retirement, save for their kids' education/etc., struggle to put food on the table, can't pay for their kids' sports/arts/etc. extracurricular activities that are proven to lead to more successful adults. I'm not okay with those that have chosen to die by suicide because they are trapped in home...alone.

I guess I just don't have any empathy for the people...:(

But I guess we'll just keep letting the Fed print more money. That will surely not cause economic stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT