ADVERTISEMENT

Cut the cable cord today.

Bevo1979

Feb 26, 2007
Does anyone on the board have any experience with YouTube tv, Sling TV or Hulu live tv? If yes, what do you like about the service and is it really cheaper than traditional cable from Spectrum, Grande and AT&T?

I have youtube TV. If you are a sports fanatic it's great, I am no longer a sports fanatic so I'm thinking of switching. What I like best about it is it's unlimited DVR ability and I think I have like the ability to have 5 TVs watching it at the same time.

I use Ruku along with youtube tv, VuDu, Disney+, curiosity Stream and youtube, that is pretty much all watch now.

I have YouTube tv at the moment and love it. I have the sports package and it’s 91 dollars a month. I love it and will never go back to cable or satellite. I had direct tv for years but it just got so expensive. YouTube tv has all the local channels as well.

I have also had Hulu Tv and never had an issue with it.

YouTube Tv does not have LHN but Sling does. If you plan on watching any longhorn baseball or basketball then you need SlingTV, but they don't have ABC, NBC, or CBS. Don't forget to factor in internet for the streaming cost.

Does anyone on the board have any experience with YouTube tv, Sling TV or Hulu live tv? If yes, what do you like about the service and is it really cheaper than traditional cable from Spectrum, Grande and AT&T?

YouTube TV and I dig it. Covers the sports angle plus most of the other necessary ones including local ones in most markets. The unlimited DVR is great as well as no boxes; just smart tvs and internet. I would recommend a good router if you start streaming, only. Been doing this for several years now and enjoy, and definitely save about $100/month. Good luck.

YouTube Tv does not have LHN but Sling does. If you plan on watching any longhorn baseball or basketball then you need SlingTV, but they don't have ABC, NBC, or CBS. Don't forget to factor in internet for the streaming cost.
I just get the ESPN+ app and it’s only like 5 bucks a month. It has the Longhorn Network.

Don’t you have to have an ESPN provider to get ESPN+? Does YouTube count as the provider? I’m curious because I might do that.

Don’t you have to have an ESPN provider to get ESPN+? Does YouTube count as the provider? I’m curious because I might do that.
No you can just purchase the app without a provider. It’s a really cool app with tons of features. And it’s super cheap. Well worth it!

I got a Fire Stick and I subscribe to Infinity firestick TV, gett 1300 channels, all 6 ESPNs 6 Foxes, all cimemax, HBO, Starz...etc, news from about every city in US abc, cbs,,,etc, cost me 24,00 a month total....and get the Longhorn channel and SEC channel....

ADVERTISEMENT