ADVERTISEMENT

Dang it's always almost in basketball

We scored 25 points in the first half and with 15 seconds left we've just scored our 23rd point of the second half.

This is god d@amned pathetic. Most disgusting basketball performance I've seen in my lifetime.

What was our final three point percentage? The last I heard them mention it before I turned it off was 2 for 16 at threes. Absolutely horrible! Maybe they can pull some of the players from the womens team over and help them out. High school teams shoot better than this. What they hell do they do in practice?

Actually, for being under manned they played pretty well last night. The bright spots: Texas played hard and created a few 'lucky' breaks. Sims looks like he could be a force in the future.

The negative: They couldn't stop KU in the paint. And of course, the common denominator in every single loss- poor shooting. Osetkowski - 7/21. Febres 1/11.

Texas ranks somewhere around 335 in 3-point field goal percentage. Sure, some of that is on Smart, but come on. Texas needs shooters. I'm not sure they're getting that next year unless it's Hepa.

meanwhile, virginia tech is 20-8 and near the top of the acc. because... ya know... buzz williams.
Rollo you may have a good call on Buzz. Va Tech got a big win over Duke and its 3 first round picks last night. I don't think Shaka could accomplish that, no matter what his roster.

Actually, for being under manned they played pretty well last night. The bright spots: Texas played hard and created a few 'lucky' breaks. Sims looks like he could be a force in the future.

The negative: They couldn't stop KU in the paint. And of course, the common denominator in every single loss- poor shooting. Osetkowski - 7/21. Febres 1/11.

Texas ranks somewhere around 335 in 3-point field goal percentage. Sure, some of that is on Smart, but come on. Texas needs shooters. I'm not sure they're getting that next year unless it's Hepa.

Thank you at least someone noticed it

you cannot give this dude a pass because we "played hard" against kansas. and shooting is a learned skill-- this isn't something you just don't have, if you're good enough to go to Texas. there are reasons certain teams shoot better than others every single year, and it's not recruiting to a type. this dude doesn't know how to teach shooting. he either doesn't know the mechanics or he doesn't devote enough time to it. or doesn't DEMAND the players devote enough of their own time to it. they do stupid-a dive on the floor and sweep at the ball drills and have ignored the fact if you can't score, it don't matter what you do. jarrett allen was a beast. he blew it. mo bamba is a beast. he's blow it. whetever big shot he gets for next year will be wasted too.

but congratu-freakin-lations... we PLAYED hard.

Reactions: diadevic
Did anybody really expect us to beat KU without three of our best players? Cmon people damn. Yeah it's been disappointing, but seriously get a grip.

Reactions: westx and The Tower
Hey I don't care what you say but we could of been blown out like we did in Morgan town with Bamba and Davis! Players had to step up just like Sims getting some significant playing time and this could be good for the players next season. Yes and if Shaka doesn't get it together then bye bye!

Oh and Bamba will be laughing to the bank being a top 5 pick.

Reactions: The Tower
I was impressed with their effort overall. I was expecting to see Texas get run out of the gym.

I really hope Osetkowski's conditioning is addressed before next season. It's embarrassing to have a player on the floor who's this out of shape. Yes, he's had to carry a much greater load than one would like, but he tires too easily, and he started getting fatigued earlier in the season than he should have. Does he eat like a f*cking truck driver between games or something?

As of now we are to play in the East with Nova being the number 1 seed. Our match up would be against Florida and we will be in the Dallas region.

As of now we are to play in the East with Nova being the number 1 seed. Our match up would be against Florida and we will be in the Dallas region.
No way they make the tournament unless they get at least to semis in Big 12 tournament. And that would mean 3 wins in a row - not enough consistency shown to accomplish that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT