ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Lil-jordan

Doesn't look good, but, I still think he will have a long and very good career in the NFL.

But he can tweet. You can bet the tweets and the 40 are going to drop him way down on the boards.

33 inch vj and 119 inch bj don't jive with a 4.75 40. Pro agility was decent, 3 cone was marginal. Weight was surprising at 210. Unless he runs significantly faster at the pro day he isn't getting drafted.

pro football weekly draft guide has him in rounds 4 thru 7.No, he should have stayed another year. and improved his stock for the NFL.Maybe he had to come out for some reason.

screw that stuff. i saw him play. didn't an oklahoma offensive tackle literally quit last year in the middle of his stuff and still get drafted 2nd or 3rd round? gimme a break with this stuff. if new england gets him, he will be used correctly. if the giants get him, he won't half the nfl is undrafted anyway.

But he can tweet. You can bet the tweets and the 40 are going to drop him way down on the boards.

You not liking his tweets, doesn't mean it would drop him down the board. It just means that you don't like his tweets, and y'all have different view points.

Last edited:
Reactions: HornsUp37
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...phrey-NFL-Combine-40-yard-dash-129671967/Amp/

Some are calling it the worst combine day in history. Look at his numbers. 4.79 40? Dude, my ass was faster than you and weighed 265 pounds! 13 reps on 225? 13? Thirt freakin teen?

Should have stayed in school, homie.

Staying in school wasn't going to make him faster, and he wasn't going to top the numbers from his junior year. He left at the right time. If you were 265 lbs, running under a 4.79, what stopped you from going to the next level? Faster in the 40, doesn't equate to being faster in pads. Devin Hester out-ran several players, who timed faster than him. It's called next to me speed. I doubt you could run with Lil J.

LJ should have stayed in school to hone his game more. More likely than not, he won't be drafted based on his performance at the combine, which will cost him a lot of money.

What skill was he going to hone, that would get him drafted higher? Realistically, not one. Lil J is what he is. He wasn't going to make a dramatic improvement, in any one part of his game. He has decent hands, he caught everything in traffic, his YAC was nice...speed and route running is the only thing that would get him drafted higher. He isn't going to dramatically improve, in those two areas.

What skill was he going to hone, that would get him drafted higher? Realistically, not one. Lil J is what he is. He wasn't going to make a dramatic improvement, in any one part of his game. He has decent hands, he caught everything in traffic, his YAC was nice...speed and route running is the only thing that would get him drafted higher. He isn't going to dramatically improve, in those two areas.

And you know this for a fact how? According to you, LJ wouldn't have done any better next year as a senior and he would have had worse combine numbers next year if he had stayed. You state this as fact like its a foregone conclusion, with no basis to back it up. I wish LJ the best, but you watch, he probably won't be drafted.

And you know this for a fact how? According to you, LJ wouldn't have done any better next year as a senior and he would have had worse combine numbers next year if he had stayed. You state this as fact like its a foregone conclusion, with no basis to back it up. I wish LJ the best, but you watch, he probably won't be drafted.

It's impossible to know for a fact, but he hasn't done anything to make me believe otherwise. It's a fact that he isn't going to all of a sudden, run a 4.5 forty. If he had the hands and route running ability of Anquan Bolden, then we could talk...but he doesn't, and a dramatic change isn't going to happen. He is too slow and he isn't great at any one thing. I never said worse combine numbers, you said that. I simply said he wouldn't make any dramatic improvements. That's a simple and clear statement. And if he came back, how much better would his numbers be? None of this is a shock to me. I said during the season, that he would be lucky to get drafted before the 5th round. I thought his big numbers would get him drafted in the last 2 rounds. I would have advised against the combine. He's a gamer, not a showman. I love what he did at Texas, but he is what he is. A great college WR.

Reactions: outhereincali
It's impossible to know for a fact, but he hasn't done anything to make me believe otherwise. It's a fact that he isn't going to all of a sudden, run a 4.5 forty. If he had the hands and route running ability of Anquan Bolden, then we could talk...but he doesn't, and a dramatic change isn't going to happen. He is too slow and he isn't great at any one thing. I never said worse combine numbers, you said that. I simply said he wouldn't make any dramatic improvements. That's a simple and clear statement. And if he came back, how much better would his numbers be? None of this is a shock to me. I said during the season, that he would be lucky to get drafted before the 5th round. I thought his big numbers would get him drafted in the last 2 rounds. I would have advised against the combine. He's a gamer, not a showman. I love what he did at Texas, but he is what he is. A great college WR.
I'll give you the speed argument--- you've either got it or you don't. In my case, I lost it with a broken patella--- and microsurgery didn't exist yet. Lil-jordan can't get faster but what he can do is add muscle and transition to a "tweener". An H back that can line up tight and flex out would be the only way he could improve his stock.

I'll give you the speed argument--- you've either got it or you don't. In my case, I lost it with a broken patella--- and microsurgery didn't exist yet. Lil-jordan can't get faster but what he can do is add muscle and transition to a "tweener". An H back that can line up tight and flex out would be the only way he could improve his stock.

I agree with that last statement. But he should have made an effort to gain weight and muscle, once he announced...or before. He knew his strengths and weakness. I'm still confused, as to why he did the combine.

I think everyone is downplaying game film. He’s a good football player, even though he doesn’t measure high he still makes plays. How many times has he broke a tackle for loss and turned it into a gain. That has to count for something. Will he get drafted high? Probably not, but I still think he’ll get drafted.

Reactions: westx
Thirteen reps of 225 makes me wonder what he’s been doing for the last two months.
That's totally unacceptable. 13 reps at 225 is a warm up for most punters.

Dude didn't dedicate himself in the weight room. And another thing, I'm with @speedstrength in saying that his vert and broad jump do not line up with his 40 time.

Reactions: Hornsfan722
Can we stop talking about LJ and start taking about the other Longhorns at the combo?

How about Gary Johnson's 4.43 time? He tied for 2nd among the lb's.

Kris Boyd ran a 4.45 and had 19 reps best of all the cb's at the combine. It speaks to his physicality and his one on one tackling ability.

Charles Omenihu stock continues to rise. They say he's a second day draft pick.

Although Devonte Davis had a sub par 40 yard time he did well at the 3 cone drill and the 20 yard shuttle. They say his long arms and range might compensate for his sub par 40 yard time.

And I'm certain more guys will get drafted besides these guys.

HookemHorns

Reactions: LonghornMM
Can we stop talking about LJ and start taking about the other Longhorns at the combo?

How about Gary Johnson's 4.43 time? He tied for 2nd among the lb's.

Kris Boyd ran a 4.45 and had 19 reps best of all the cb's at the combine. It speaks to his physicality and his one on one tackling ability.

Charles Omenihu stock continues to rise. They say he's a second day draft pick.

Although Devonte Davis had a sub par 40 yard time he did well at the 3 cone drill and the 20 yard shuttle. They say his long arms and range might compensate for his sub par 40 yard time.

And I'm certain more guys will get drafted besides these guys.

HookemHorns
I had not seen Boyd's numbers yet. Did that happen yesterday?

4.45 is solid. He is liable to knock a few hundredths off that as he physically matures. And 19 reps for a DB sounds pretty solid as well.

Makes you wonder why he earned the label of Charcoal---- with all the strength and speed.

That's totally unacceptable. 13 reps at 225 is a warm up for most punters.

Dude didn't dedicate himself in the weight room. And another thing, I'm with @speedstrength in saying that his vert and broad jump do not line up with his 40 time.

What would you generally expect someone's 40 time to be with his vertical and broad jump numbers? Assuming you both are saying he should have been faster with those numbers, but correct me if I'm wrong. Possible or probable that he didn't spend enough time working on proper running form before the combine?

ADVERTISEMENT