ADVERTISEMENT

"Defining Moments" Urban Meyer's commentary on pre-game

weevilcatch

Jan 11, 2003
Couldn't cut it in the Mexican Leagues
I was thinking about this. What are Tom Herman's defining moments?

All I can think of are these things...

Sideline antics vs. Mizzou
Trying to fight Gundy
Blank stare when asked if the team had an AA level talent
The "ok, cool, hook 'em" fiasco
The Helmet to Forehead pregame nonsense

Right. This team isn’t undisciplined or unfocused because Tom Herman is that way. It’s not because they support social justice or because they wanted change at the university. They’ve been that way for all of Herman’s tenure. In fact it goes back to Charlie Strong even

Trying to fight Gundy

Can't forget him flipping off the LHN camera on signing day. Classic!

Can't forget him flipping off the LHN camera on signing day. Classic!
I thought he should of been reprimanded for that. Like I know it seems trivial but it’s just not something a leader in very public position should be doing, and to me was just another sign the job is to big for him

Not trivial at all. One of those little things that seem trivial but mean a lot...and speaks volumes.
Yeah I mean the incident by itself is no big deal and if Mack brown and gotten caught like that it would of been funny and we would of moved on, but with Herman it just added to stuff you just don’t do.

Trying to fight Gundy
The video taped locker room sledge hammer demolition near fiasco? Not a bad thing just didn’t project the image he was hoping
Actually 1 and 2 were quite entertaining

Right. This team isn’t undisciplined or unfocused because Tom Herman is that way. It’s not because they support social justice or because they wanted change at the university. They’ve been that way for all of Herman’s tenure. In fact it goes back to Charlie Strong even

Obviously you never served in the military. Discipline isn't like talent where you have it or don't. Discipline is developed, and if you don't have it you can get it.

Reactions: WestTexasEx97
Obviously you never served in the military. Discipline isn't like talent where you have it or don't. Discipline is developed, and if you don't have it you can get it.
Not sure how that’s a departure from what I said. How do teams develop discipline? Their coach. Especially in college. If Herman isn’t disciplined himself how the team be?

The video taped locker room sledge hammer demolition near fiasco? Not a bad thing just didn’t project the image he was hoping
Actually 1 and 2 were quite entertaining

Birdies on LHN camera
Rediculous 4th down calls
Overly conservative play calling with a minuscule lead... Otherwise known as trying to run a ball control offense in the B12 after running spread for 2/3 of a game.
Brockermeyers
Michele Herman on Twitter
Herman goes to the locker room for the Eyes of Texas

It appears the University has an epic 150mm a year meltdown on its hands. Losing 150mm per year is going to leave a mark. That's their price for being woke. Fvck them. I've scheduled the rest of my Saturdays for this fall. I'll still be here but not participating in anything til Herman is gone and we have a top notch coach. Not going for any more "up and comers". It's over.

Last edited:
Not sure how that’s a departure from what I said. How do teams develop discipline? Their coach. Especially in college. If Herman isn’t disciplined himself how the team be?

Look at the wording of the post I replied to. I'm guessing you didn't catch the double negative.

ADVERTISEMENT