ADVERTISEMENT

Dicker the Kicker

Tired Horn

Oct 13, 2012
Was thinking of the top UT last Minute field goals to win a game.
1. Justin Tucker adios to the aggies 2011?
2. Hunter Lawrence putting Nebraska out of its misery 2009 big 12 championship game
3. Dusty Mangum for the win in Rosebowl 2004 against Michigan
4.Dicker the Kicker against OU
5.Phil Dawson vs Virginia 1995?
6. Ryan Bailey at Nebraska 2006

any others come to mind?

Was thinking of the top UT last Minute field goals to win a game.
1. Justin Tucker adios to the aggies 2011?
2. Hunter Lawrence putting Nebraska out of its misery 2009 big 12 championship game
3. Dusty Mangum for the win in Rosebowl 2004 against Michigan
4.Dicker the Kicker against OU
5.Phil Dawson vs Virginia 1995?
6. Ryan Bailey at Nebraska 2006

any others come to mind?

I say Dusty Magnum #1
Justin Tucker #2
Phil Dawson #3
Cameron Dicker #4

Reactions: sean1187
I say Dusty Magnum #1
Justin Tucker #2
Phil Dawson #3
Cameron Dicker #4

1 - Lawrence...championship over anything else...every time
2 - Tucker...that was such a meaningful/meaningless game...gutted the aggies
3 - Dicker...anytime you rip the hearts out of OU play and fans is worth it
4 - Mangum...BCS bowl win is big time
5 - Dawson...the kick was incredible with the distance and wind, but it was a non-conf game in September...I'll take the other 4

Reactions: freeper
#1 Hunter Lawrence putting Nebraska out of its misery 2009 big 12 championship game - This gives us a conference championship and a berth in the national championship game

#2 Dusty Mangum for the win in Rosebowl 2004 against Michigan - Huge win that sets up an undefeated season

#3 Justin Tucker adios to the aggies 2011 - How sweet it is. This moment was amazing

Dicker the Kicker against OU - This was a great moment, but I'm not convinced we couldn't have won anyway in overtime. And this moment, although huge, doesn't mean as much quite yet.

Reactions: Longyac
1 - Lawrence...championship over anything else...every time
2 - Tucker...that was such a meaningful/meaningless game...gutted the aggies
3 - Dicker...anytime you rip the hearts out of OU play and fans is worth it
4 - Mangum...BCS bowl win is big time
5 - Dawson...the kick was incredible with the distance and wind, but it was a non-conf game in September...I'll take the other 4

Bingo...that's my order too...

Reactions: weevilcatch
#1 Hunter Lawrence putting Nebraska out of its misery 2009 big 12 championship game - This gives us a conference championship and a berth in the national championship game

#2 Dusty Mangum for the win in Rosebowl 2004 against Michigan - Huge win that sets up an undefeated season

#3 Justin Tucker adios to the aggies 2011 - How sweet it is. This moment was amazing

Dicker the Kicker against OU - This was a great moment, but I'm not convinced we couldn't have won anyway in overtime. And this moment, although huge, doesn't mean as much quite yet.
Pretty much how I'd put them except personally I'd swap 1 & 2. There was so much more that was tied directly to that kick.
Remember how much Mack had to politic just get us in the rose bowl? It was a HUGE deal to break up the Big10/Pac10 tie in without it being the championship game.

That dramatic win in the Grandaddy of them all propelled us to our eventual meeting with USC the following year. I don't know why but to me that game was what finally lit the fire in VY for 2005.

Reactions: sean1187
Does no one remember what it took to finish off aggy in 1998?

Pretty tough to overstate what a huge win that was for the program in Mack Brown’s first season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
If post it on here but I can't.....

The el Arroyo sign said, and I quote:

"Texas has big Dicker energy".

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I’m reading these and thinking plenty of you guys forgot how good it felt to win the Rose Bowl and Texas finally clear that hurdle. How on earth some of you are saying a conference title kick or regular season wins are bigger than Texas’ first major bowl win in thirty years is odd to me.

ESPN has what they call instant classic. And this year's OK was just that. And it wasn't some chip shot fg it was from 40 yards.

I’m reading these and thinking plenty of you guys forgot how good it felt to win the Rose Bowl and Texas finally clear that hurdle. How on earth some of you are saying a conference title kick or regular season wins are bigger than Texas’ first major bowl win in thirty years is odd to me.
Because without the kick and win against Nebraska, we lose the conference AND we don't go to the national championship.

ADVERTISEMENT