ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think they'll be any upsets this weekend?

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
With the way that the college fb season is structured now Thanksgiving weekend is the last weekend of the regular season. With this in mind there's a lot of big games this weekend with playoff and P6 bowl ramifications at stake. Here's some of the games I'm thinking of and which one do you think will be an upset.

MI/tOSU
GA/GT
Clemson/SC
Bama/Auburn
USF/Central Florida
WSU/WA
ND/ST

The first one is a dillema. I don't like either coach especially Jim Harbaugh. But if MI and ND win on Saturday then there is no way the little ten will get three teams in the P6 bowl games.

I don't really don't know which underdog if any will win on Saturday. But I'm thinking GT over GA. Another possible upset could be SC over Clemson. But I hope there will be an upset out two. For me it will be fun to see who's still standing when it's over.

Anybody have any thoughts? And if there's a game i didn't mention feel free to do so.

Oh and in the biggest game of all Texas over TT and i don't care what the score is as long as we win

I think Auburn beats Alabama. GT gives Georgia all they can handle. Same with South Carolina vs. Clemson. Here are my picks:

OSU
Georgia (very close game)
Clemson (very close game)
Auburn
Central Florida
WSU
Stanford

With how hot auburn is right now and that game being at home, would Alabama bearing auburn be an upset. I know it sounds stupid at first but think about it...

With how hot auburn is right now and that game being at home, would Alabama bearing auburn be an upset. I know it sounds stupid at first but think about it...
I have found myself strangely asking the same question. I think Auburn’s offense is designed to score on a defense like Alabama’s. Definitely an Iron Bowl worth watching.

I was listening to the radio a couple of weeks ago and they were saying something like Bama being down to their third string linebackers. If true then yes Auburn can spring an upset.

I have found myself strangely asking the same question. I think Auburn’s offense is designed to score on a defense like Alabama’s. Definitely an Iron Bowl worth watching.
Exactly and I’ve heard the battle in the trenches could be a tough one for Bama with some of their injuries

MI/tOSU
GA/GT
Clemson/SC
Bama/Auburn
USF/Central Florida
WSU/WA
ND/ST
I think:
tOSU wins
Georgia wins easy
Clemson wins easy
Auburn good chance for the upset
Central Florida beats USF
Washington beats the pirate
ND beats Stanford

I don't care as long as it doesn't involve us. Football wise that is. Would love to see the men beat Duke.

Last edited:
Oh and did I forget to mention Baylor/TCU? I should have. This is now the best, the most intense in state rivalry in Texas. Still another half to go. I told my Baylor cousin yesterday that TCU wouldn't cover he thought i was crazy. Definitely watching the second half.

Reactions: freeper
I know my nephew was upset today when uncle clob wouldn't cut him off a piece of the prime rib for him to taste while I was smoking it.

He was PISSED!

With the way that the college fb season is structured now Thanksgiving weekend is the last weekend of the regular season. With this in mind there's a lot of big games this weekend with playoff and P6 bowl ramifications at stake. Here's some of the games I'm thinking of and which one do you think will be an upset.

MI/tOSU
GA/GT
Clemson/SC
Bama/Auburn
USF/Central Florida
WSU/WA
ND/ST

The first one is a dillema. I don't like either coach especially Jim Harbaugh. But if MI and ND win on Saturday then there is no way the little ten will get three teams in the P6 bowl games.

I don't really don't know which underdog if any will win on Saturday. But I'm thinking GT over GA. Another possible upset could be SC over Clemson. But I hope there will be an upset out two. For me it will be fun to see who's still standing when it's over.

Anybody have any thoughts? And if there's a game i didn't mention feel free to do so.

Oh and in the biggest game of all Texas over TT and i don't care what the score is as long as we win

Why did you leave out OU ?

Well time weekend is almost over.

MI/tOSU
GA/GT
Clemson/SC
Bama/Auburn
USF/Central Florida
WSU/WA
ND/ST

MI/tOSU
GA/GT
Clemson/SC
Bama/Auburn
USF/Central Florida
WSU/WA
ND/ST

Well the weekend is over so what happened? I didn't see Pitt over the U coming I didn't even list it. Pitt is an average team but the last two years they have become a giant killer.

I've been wondering if Alabama is even a little bit human. I've been thinking does it matter who makes the playoffs because at the very least the Tide will be in the title game. But now it looks like they wont be in the playoffs this year.

Also, Notre Dame collapsed in the fourth quarter so now it appears they won't make a P6 bowl. This now makes it easier for the Big XII top put two teams in the P6 bowls.

How long has it been since the top two teams lost in the same weekend? My guess is Clemson will now move to number one and rightfully so. They thumped a good South Carolina team. OK should be number two. There will be a four way fight between two SEC and two little ten teams. And your guess is as good as mine. I wonder how far TCU will move up.

Since the playoffs started 4 years ago this is the wildest, the most unpredictable, season. And I'm thinking there will be at least one upset among the top 4.

Stay tuned and I hope a few of you give some opinions.

Last edited:
ND goes down. I wonder if Brian kelly is in any danger. He was on thin ice coming in to the year. With the exception of usc I think he lost to every good team they played.

ND goes down. I wonder if Brian kelly is in any danger. He was on thin ice coming in to the year. With the exception of usc I think he lost to every good team they played.

Notre Dame rule number one. ND has won more national championships than anyone else. And even if they aren't a national power now, they're still a national university. It's a certainty that wherever they play its a guaranteed sell out. But there's another side to that which brings us to

Notre Dame rule number two. There are two types of coaches at ND. Those that do and those that don't. Brian Kelly has been given 8 years at ND. Since Lou Holtz retired he's come the closest to bringing ND back to national prominence. But this year heading into the final 3 games with a playoff berth at stake ND lost two out of 3. And they didn't just lose they lost their composure.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the powers that be at ND decide that Brian Kelly is a don't. And then ND becomes the next school that is looking for a new coach.

Notre Dame rule number one. ND has won more national championships than anyone else. And even if they aren't a national power now, they're still a national university. It's a certainty that wherever they play its a guaranteed sell out. But there's another side to that which brings us to

Notre Dame rule number two. There are two types of coaches at ND. Those that do and those that don't. Brian Kelly has been given 8 years at ND. Since Lou Holtz retired he's come the closest to bringing ND back to national prominence. But this year heading into the final 3 games with a playoff berth at stake ND lost two out of 3. And they didn't just lose they lost their composure.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the powers that be at ND decide that Brian Kelly is a don't. And then ND becomes the next school that is looking for a new coach.
Who is out there that can do better than Kelly?

Reactions: LonghornMM
Who is out there that can do better than Kelly?

Good question. Obviously I'm not a ND insider. I'm just saying don't be surprised if they release Kelly.

And when i think about it what big name coach, what on the rise coach, could they get? Maybe an NFL coach.

But you might be right and Kelly stays at ND.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT