ADVERTISEMENT

Does 8-5 with a top 10 recruiting class put TH on the hot seat?

Herman will be on the hot seat if the boys lose to Tulsa. He won't be fired this year but if they come out and look bad next year, he will be gone. Sad to say, I always believe in a coach coaching for 4 years, not 3 or less. So I hope he can turn this around and play his best players, not the players who get the hype. Start Ingram and play the CAL transfer. Porter, NOPE. Hager and Roach needs to work to get that starting position because they didn't do crap, to me. If Sam throws a INT, bench him PERIOD and play shane. Entitlement is a bad thing and I think some of these jokers are enjoying it.

Royals seat was getting at least warm when he left, and if we lose to Tulsa(which we will not) nothing else would matter....I would at that point expect a full court press for Dabo...

Reactions: freeper
Does anyone else remember...oh, wait, it's EVERY year
Sitting in the stands at DKR in 2011 during our first loss "well, our team is young. At least we will be good next year!"
Then, again...
Then, again...
Then, again...

You just being a cynical pessimist or are you serious?
im absolutely serious, we are not good enough to win by showing up against anyone on our schedule with the exception of Tulsa and Kansas. i just got beat by a maryland team that won 3 or 4 games last year. do you think that is out of line?
But you're not being realistic. To say 2-10 is a real possibility is not realistic. 10-2 is more likely than 2-10.
im not saying that we go 2-10 at all. Im simply saying we cant win any games that we are not prepared for. we are not that talented anymore. the only teams that i would bet money that we win is tulsa and Kansas. based on our performance last week against maryland, which teams out of USC, TCU, and Oklahoma do you think we can come in and just win? We ALWAYS struggle in Manhatten ks. I dont think 1-5 is completely out of the realm of possibility to start.

My Bros, hear me now and believe me later.

If Tom and the team continue to poop the bed, and do not show improvement, I can promise you with 100% certainty that his tenure will only last three years......
Now, why will it only last 3 years........ because the previous coach only lasted 3 years............

Now, I think you educated and distinguished gentlemen will be able to understand the negative blow back that the entire university would be subjected to if this coach crapped the bed 3 straight years (record wise and bowl win for Tommy helps a miniscule amount) and was kept for a fourth year, while the previous coach was only kept for 3......... I'm not drawing you a map...... simply stating the obvious.

Reactions: freeper
Yes, we aren't great. We held onto Mack too long and hired the wrong guy afterward which has put us a decade behind recovery but 12-0 doesn't happen overnight. It takes time to rebuild and an important component is consistency and that includes the staff. 8-5 would be a good year coupled with a top 10 class considering our recruiting losses to rivals in-state. Part of the fun of a 12-0 team is the journey.

If Tom and the team continue to poop the bed, and do not show improvement, I can promise you with 100% certainty that his tenure will only last three years......
Now, why will it only last 3 years........ because the previous coach only lasted 3 years............

Now, I think you educated and distinguished gentlemen will be able to understand the negative blow back that the entire university would be subjected to if this coach crapped the bed 3 straight years (record wise and bowl win for Tommy helps a miniscule amount) and was kept for a fourth year, while the previous coach was only kept for 3......... I'm not drawing you a map...... simply stating the obvious.

Anymore players going to ICU for heat might make it shorter.....

Hook'em

I think you could be right. No organization wants to be called the R word, even if the charge is BS. In the end I think Herman wins enough to get that 4th year.

I think you could be right. No organization wants to be called the R word, even if the charge is BS. In the end I think Herman wins enough to get that 4th year.
All he has to do is win a couple more games.

Royals seat was getting at least warm when he left, and if we lose to Tulsa(which we will not) nothing else would matter....I would at that point expect a full court press for Dabo...

I'd just like to remind ever'body that I was calling for a full court press to get Dabo back when we were pursuing Charlie Strong....I doubt we could do it now. He's happy at Clemson and those alumni are serious about keeping him right where he's at.

Right now 8 wins way over our head.... Top 10 class. Gotta look better and play better. Right now we a below the curve and trending lower fast. We will be lucky to be 2-4 after 6 games.

I'd just like to remind ever'body that I was calling for a full court press to get Dabo back when we were pursuing Charlie Strong....I doubt we could do it now. He's happy at Clemson and those alumni are serious about keeping him right where he's at.
I wasn't here then.

You should've heard the sh!t I was saying......

ADVERTISEMENT