ADVERTISEMENT

Does Houston have a chance against Golden State?

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
This is going to be short thread. But right now I say no. The Rockets have geared their whole season to having home court advantage against the Warriors. They also went 2\1 in head to head matchups.

But right now I don't think James Harden is a prime time player. To be honest he's choked. And I don't like the head to head matchups between the coaches.

But I do think that Chris Paul will show up. Imo, he's the key to leading the Rockets to victory. But the series doesn't start till Monday so when there is more time there will be more to talk about.

There is a chance. Rockets do need to get back to hitting their 3’s, which was poor in Utah series.
I just hope they don’t crumble under big spot light. Warriors are used to it.

Tucker (Longhorn I met at a party when he was here), Ariza, Gordon, et all, need to have career series to move on though.

Rockets are better at driving the lane and creating fouls. Stick to that and the warriors bigs will spend the 2nd half riding the pine.

Get cute and try and get into a d!ck measuring 3 point shoot out with GS and you're fvcked.

Reactions: westx
The officiating will determine the outcome of this series. Will Harden and Paul get the same calls as Curry and Thompson? Will Draymond be allowed to foul with impunity? Same for Tucker?

No chance. Won't go beyond 6 games. No one is touching GS. When you add the 2nd best player in the world to the best team in the league, it is not much fun for the competition.
I would pick GS even without Durant, no contest with him.
Finals will be a cake walk too. LBJ will catch hell from idiots after he gets beat in 4 or 5.

NBA might as well be scripted since KD joined the champs.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
No chance. Won't go beyond 6 games. No one is touching GS. When you add the 2nd best player in the world to the best team in the league, it is not much fun for the competition.
I would pick GS even without Durant, no contest with him.
Finals will be a cake walk too. LBJ will catch hell from idiots after he gets beat in 4 or 5.

NBA might as well be scripted since KD joined the champs.

Without KD Houston definitely wins. Hes the X factor with his length and scoring. The Rockets absolutely can win the series. GS has the championship experience but I expect a 7 game series.

Without KD Houston definitely wins. Hes the X factor with his length and scoring. The Rockets absolutely can win the series. GS has the championship experience but I expect a 7 game series.
You realize GS was the best team in the league before Durant. And other than LeBron, Durant is the best player in the world (and whoever is #3 ain't close to the top 2). It would be a near pickem without KD, but with him I can not see it being competitive. Hope I'm wrong.

Durant better than Harden.
Steph better than Paul.
Klay and nutt kicker are better than anyone on the Rockets.
I think GS could give the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman Bulls a great series, hell I'd pick them to win. They are historically great.

I think Boston has a better chance of beating LeBron, K Love and their G league teammates, than the Rockets do of beating GS.

Last edited:
You realize GS was the best team in the league before Durant. And other than LeBron, Durant is the best player in the world (and whoever is #3 ain't close to the top 2). It would be a near pickem without KD, but with him I can not see it being competitive. Hope I'm wrong.

Durant better than Harden.
Steph better than Paul.
Klay and nutt kicker are better than anyone on the Rockets.
I think GS could give the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman Bulls a great series, hell I'd pick them to win. They are historically great.

I think Boston has a better chance of beating LeBron, K Love and their G league teammates, than the Rockets do of beating GS.

Those players with LeBron are no g.leagures.

Lifelong Warrior fan here...back to days of Al Attles coaching Nate Thurmond and Rick Barry. I'm hoping for a 7 game series....

I'm actually going against the grain here and giving it to the Rockets as long as they stick to what got them here. Hardin driving the lane like a madman & flopping when a defender gets within arms reach over and over and over again.
Like clob said, GS will be battling foul trouble all series. Start trading 3s and GS runs away. This is the unofficial finals because no team in the east can hang with either of these in 7.

Just an opinion of a confused sad Spurs fan pulling for ............the Rockets.

Those players with LeBron are no g.leagures.
Other than K Love?

JR Smith is their 3rd best player, and he was given away by a terrible Knicks team. He has no business starting for a playoff team.

George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, & Larry Nance were just brought in exchange for a 5'8 guy with a bum hip that everyone knows is damaged goods.. Jeff Green was terrible before he got old. Kyle Korver can really shoot, but can't do anything else. Tristan Thompson must be good at something, but I haven't figured it out. Jose Calderon is a rotation player for God's sake.
Take LeBron off Cleveland and they wouldn't win 30 games. Why else would a 15 year vet with a million miles on his legs lead the league in minutes? He comes out, they fall apart.

Should be a great series. Looks like Warriors over the injury willies that cost them so much at the end of the season. Green may be the key. He gets some Ts and sidelined the Warriors will be in trouble. Harden/Curry a standoff. Rockets handle the ball better.

George Hill is an excellent perimeter defender, a good ball handler, and can score a few points. Jose Calderon is still a good passer and can space the floor when he's on a roll. Kyle Korver can still shot the ball. Jeff Green has been reborn in Cleveland. JR Smith can drive you crazy and put a smile on your face in the same game. And those kids they got in midseason are athletic especially Jordan Clarkson.

Sadly our fellow orangeblood Tristan Thompson is on the way out in Cleveland. His getting together with KK has damaged his relationship with his teammates, probably beyond repair. Heck that's a whole nother thread. Khloe Kardashian? Why Tristan why?

Other than K Love?

JR Smith is their 3rd best player, and he was given away by a terrible Knicks team. He has no business starting for a playoff team.

George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, & Larry Nance were just brought in exchange for a 5'8 guy with a bum hip that everyone knows is damaged goods.. Jeff Green was terrible before he got old. Kyle Korver can really shoot, but can't do anything else. Tristan Thompson must be good at something, but I haven't figured it out. Jose Calderon is a rotation player for God's sake.
Take LeBron off Cleveland and they wouldn't win 30 games. Why else would a 15 year vet with a million miles on his legs lead the league in minutes? He comes out, they fall apart.

Oh gracious sakes alive the Warriors would be hard pressed to win 50 games without Curry.

Oh gracious sakes alive the Warriors would be hard pressed to win 50 games without Curry.
Warriors would win the title without Curry. He isn't their best player. Durant is much better on both ends of the court, particularly D. Klay Thompson is a stud defender and the 2nd best shooter in the league. Draymond is also an elite defender, and glue guy. Very good player as long as he isn't the best player on the team, and he is fourth best. Nobody even guards him, it is crazy.

If Curry didn't play with elite defenders he would be a JJ Redick type liability on D. Go back and watch the 2016 finals. Cleveland screened to force Curry to switch on LeBron every time down the court. Then he killed him. It was almost mean.

Reactions: diadevic
I'm actually going against the grain here and giving it to the Rockets as long as they stick to what got them here. Hardin driving the lane like a madman & flopping when a defender gets within arms reach over and over and over again.
Like clob said, GS will be battling foul trouble all series. Start trading 3s and GS runs away. This is the unofficial finals because no team in the east can hang with either of these in 7.

Just an opinion of a confused sad Spurs fan pulling for ............the Rockets.

As I said, I grew up in Oakland and am a lifelong Warriors fan. During the 90's having moved to Nevada and really respecting the skills of The Admiral and Tim Duncan, I also began rooting for the Spurs. My son is born and the Spurs stick with him. He has been a Spurs fan all of his life and now, like you, he is a confused, sad Spurs fan pulling for...........no one...he just wants to see some good shot making.....

This reminds me of a certain little game back at the beginning of 2006. I guess poor little Houston might as well not even show up. Aww shucks, they probably will anyway just for shits and giggles.

And since we're talking about the conference finals the Boston/Cleveland series starts tomorrow. I'll be surprised if the Celtics win even 1 game, shocked of they actually win 2. Also I saw where Toronto fired their coach today. Think about this they had the 2nd best record in the NBA. But over the last 3 years they've lost 10 straight playoff games to the Cavs. As long as LeBron stays in Cleveland they will continue to terrorize the eastern conference. That's why I was surprised that the Pacers took them to 7 games.

As I said, I grew up in Oakland and am a lifelong Warriors fan. During the 90's having moved to Nevada and really respecting the skills of The Admiral and Tim Duncan, I also began rooting for the Spurs. My son is born and the Spurs stick with him. He has been a Spurs fan all of his life and now, like you, he is a confused, sad Spurs fan pulling for...........no one...he just wants to see some good shot making.....

Typically, if "my" team isn't playing for all the marbles I tend to root against the favorite or whomever has been winning it the most recently. GS just happens to be the IT team now.
What's not to like about them though. Their starting 5 are all all-stars, one of which is the greatest Texas bball alum, the organization was rebuilt to mimick the Spurs & has a highly respected HC & veteran player that has many rings.
I don't really like the Rockets but I'd like to see CP3 get a ring.......and bron bron lose to another Texas team.

What's not to like about them though. Their starting 5 are all all-stars....
A ton not to like.
Draymond Green is a nutt kicking, shit talking thug. He is is really good but very hateable. Talks shit when he hits a shot, when nobody is guarding him.
Steph Curry is incredibly cocky. My least favorite player. Most overrated player in the league, imho.
Durant is a ring chaser, who was soft in OKC. Now he is a pretend tough guy. Fake twitter account taking up for himself. If you join the best team in the league that just beat you, that is not very likeable. I used to really like him, but know hate him. But he is truly great.
Klay and Iggy are actually likeable. Klay is very underrrated, and seems like a great guy. A top 2 way player, always draws the best guard on the other team.

Reactions: freeper
And since we're talking about the conference finals the Boston/Cleveland series starts tomorrow. I'll be surprised if the Celtics win even 1 game, shocked of they actually win 2. Also I saw where Toronto fired their coach today. Think about this they had the 2nd best record in the NBA. But over the last 3 years they've lost 10 straight playoff games to the Cavs. As long as LeBron stays in Cleveland they will continue to terrorize the eastern conference. That's why I was surprised that the Pacers took them to 7 games.
What does your surprise face look like?

Only 1 game, but Game 1 was an a** whooping. Jordan never let his team trail by 26 at halftime. A long way to go, but maybe this one may end up as an entertaining series as well!

This reminds me of a certain little game back at the beginning of 2006. I guess poor little Houston might as well not even show up. Aww shucks, they probably will anyway just for shits and giggles.
Hey man, I can't stand GS. I equally can't stand James (I just play offense) Hardin.

I'm just calling it as I see it.

A ton not to like.
Draymond Green is a nutt kicking, shit talking thug. He is is really good but very hateable. Talks shit when he hits a shot, when nobody is guarding him.
Steph Curry is incredibly cocky. My least favorite player. Most overrated player in the league, imho.
Durant is a ring chaser, who was soft in OKC. Now he is a pretend tough guy. Fake twitter account taking up for himself. If you join the best team in the league that just beat you, that is not very likeable. I used to really like him, but know hate him. But he is truly great.
Klay and Iggy are actually likeable. Klay is very underrrated, and seems like a great guy. A top 2 way player, always draws the best guard on the other team.
I'll give you D Green for sure. We could do a love/hate for every team including my Spurs. I'm telling ya other than him being the HC, I hate absolutly everything about Pop. He never talks when he should, albeit sometimes it can be funny, but he's started injecting himself politically when he really shouldn't.

Anyone saying Rockets don't have a chance haven't watched many Rockets games. They have a chance probably better than Cleveland.

What does your surprise face look like?

Only 1 game, but Game 1 was an a** whooping. Jordan never let his team trail by 26 at halftime. A long way to go, but maybe this one may end up as an entertaining series as well!

Obviously I was wrong. The Celtics came to play. We'll see.

Anyone saying Rockets don't have a chance haven't watched many Rockets games. They have a chance probably better than Cleveland.
Well, I hope I am dead wrong. I hate GS.
Houston is better than Cleveland, no doubt. I just think Klay Thompson and mouth breather Green are too good as complimentary players. Klay is very good, could be the lead dog on a playoff team.
Let's hope Houston does great tonight, just think GS is a different animal.
3 pointer gives Houston a chance every night, but the better team wins a 7 game series.

Welp, as I said, if you want to get into a 3 point shoot out with golden state, you're gonna lose.

Nothing but love for you drew.

Welp, as I said, if you want to get into a 3 point shoot out with golden state, you're gonna lose.

Nothing but love for you drew.

Suffering today sucks but not giving up hope. Can't have 16 freaking turnovers against GS just isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT