ADVERTISEMENT

Does this surprise anyone?

You don't understand Bell.

It's because you're white.

See, police have been systematically oppressing people of color for years. The police were founded from an organization that used to hunt down runaway slaves. So obviously, the same methods and tactics were passed down via "training DNA" and now all police officers (regardless of race) are automatically programmed to bash the head in of any black or brown person that looks at them sideways.
Because of this 1000 years of racism, when persons of color attack police during a protest, it's being done out of frustration. And that frustration is entitled to reparations. Reparations, in this case, is allowing the police bashing woman to get out of jail because she simply could not help herself or contain her rage. She'll be given a small slap on the wrist and be sent on her way.
This is the mentality of some of the district attorneys in this country.

As to the man beaten by Memphis police- I'd like more facts to come out before casting aspersions- but if the guy didn't do anything life threatening to the police or society to deserve being pulled over- those cops are fvcked.

You don't understand Bell.

It's because you're white.

See, police have been systematically oppressing people of color for years. The police were founded from an organization that used to hunt down runaway slaves. So obviously, the same methods and tactics were passed down via "training DNA" and now all police officers (regardless of race) are automatically programmed to bash the head in of any black or brown person that looks at them sideways.
Because of this 1000 years of racism, when persons of color attack police during a protest, it's being done out of frustration. And that frustration is entitled to reparations. Reparations, in this case, is allowing the police bashing woman to get out of jail because she simply could not help herself or contain her rage. She'll be given a small slap on the wrist and be sent on her way.
This is the mentality of some of the district attorneys in this country.

As to the man beaten by Memphis police- I'd like more facts to come out before casting aspersions- but if the guy didn't do anything life threatening to the police or society to deserve being pulled over- those cops are fvcked.
You are correct, those cops are fvcked, and it would appear, deservedly so.
But, it has been reported that at least some of those cops were hired as a result of relaxing the standards (to the point of hiring people with felony convictions) so that the department could fill the number of uniforms needed.
I believe this will become the bigger problem. As support for law enforcement in "progressive" cities wanes, we will continue to see an exodus of competent LEOs to more conservative areas, and the openings will be filled with unqualified, less than competent, DEI hires.
Get ready...

So far, the evidence shows those policemen were at serious fault and we will learn the full details soon. But, as in most situations, what would have happened if the citizen did not resist or argue and followed all the officers commands? Sure, 100% the officers did not handle the situation at all well, but if the guy hadn't fought, resisted or tried to escape, he would be alive, awaiting to pay a traffic citation.
There wouldn't be many riots or protests too.

Reactions: westx and Drtxhorn
So far, the evidence shows those policemen were at serious fault and we will learn the full details soon. But, as in most situations, what would have happened if the citizen did not resist or argue and followed all the officers commands? Sure, 100% the officers did not handle the situation at all well, but if the guy hadn't fought, resisted or tried to escape, he would be alive, awaiting to pay a traffic citation.
There wouldn't be many riots or protests too.
Yep 100%

So tragic and easily avoidable. All he needed to do was comply. I’ll never understand why some people continue to flee from police or refuse to cooperate with them.

Tough to believe this was a random stop for "driving while black" when all the cops were black. There has to be a connection somehow. Internet rumors have been floating around that Tyre was fooling around with the wife of one of the cops involved. If one of them gets Murder 1 charge that's probably why.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Honestly-- I think something else was going on. This seemed personal.
Agree, as soon as I saw the video I thought to myself that it was not an ordinary arrest. They were making an example out of him or retaliating for something.

Honestly-- I think something else was going on. This seemed personal.
I don’t know. I think it’s a lot more simple. So you’re a young black man who has had BLM, defund police, don’t trust cops drilled in your head. Regardless of the race of the cops this is in his head as they quickly become agitated by his paranoid and non compliant behavior. The whole thing escalated into the chaos it became. I also read that some of the cops have aggressive histories?? Just adding fuel to the fire. Compliance may not be as easy as you think if you’re scared you might be killed. Turns out he was right.

ADVERTISEMENT