ADVERTISEMENT

Dream team staff for Sark.

Ok so we are shit out of luck on a DC at the moment. The only play I see is Goldy. I have no clue as to why Saban does not like Goldy. Its either Goldy or some unproven DC. Does anyone know if we have any other irons in the fire for another DC? The only one I see is Muschamp. I think he would come to Texas but he sees a young Sarkisian and is looking for the next head coaching gig or possible HCIW scenario.

Ok so we are shit out of luck on a DC at the moment. The only play I see is Goldy. I have no clue as to why Saban does not like Goldy. Its either Goldy or some unproven DC. Does anyone know if we have any other irons in the fire for another DC? The only one I see is Muschamp. I think he would come to Texas but he sees a young Sarkisian and is looking for the next head coaching gig or possible HCIW scenario.
Muschamp is done as a HC. Guys get 2nd shots as a HC. They don’t usually get a 3rd

Re: Banks the word is he has a stripper gf. That's the kind of special teams I'm talking about.

Damn Clob!....aint no oil in Cabo...............though I suspect you did plenty of drilling.....
Jiminy Christmas. I just went for five days. Stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset beach. Right at the tip of Cabo. The sea of Cortez and the Pacific collide right there. Great resort on 1300 acres and they drive you around everywhere in golf carts. They won't let you get in the water because the rip tide is pretty solid. I had to sneak onto the beach late at night to swim, which was cool, but in order to not be seen (they said they would kick you out if you were caught swimming) you had to go all the way down to the far right out of view of the security guys. You had to be careful there because there was a huge rock cliff with boulders so you had to be careful on your way out and on your way back in. First night was pretty easy. Second night was a little dicey so I didn't go out without fins after that.
Internet was spotty in some places. Food was pretty damn solid. Had some really good squid and mahi. The guy staying in the villa next to me-- we had neighboring balconies and he was from Houston so we made fast drinking buddies-- he caught a yellow fin tuna and I met him down at the marina that evening and we noshed on some of that raw tuna. It was excellent.

I got offered perico and mota about every five steps I took downtown. That's coke and weed for you non-speakers. Covid has done a number on the drug trade. I've never seen so many dealers so hard up for business in Cabo.

But I'm back now. All good.

It looks like Golding is the front runner for DC and the offer has been extended to him. Saban is not a happy camper and is fighting to keep Golding. If Golding comes I assume Scott will come with him as well. Let's assume all of this happens in the next few days and the staff is finalized with Golding being the DC. What rating would you give the staff Sarkisian has put together? I would have to go with A-.

The funny thing about Golding was the word going around had it Saban was going to can Golding and hire Lanning. When it became clear Lannig was staying at UGA and had gotten a raise to boot, Saban wanted to keep Golding as no upgrade was available. If we were able to steal Golding from the great Satin it would be quite a coup...

Pruitt is being fired today. I do not what he is being fired for but I hope we dont go after him if he is tainted. Looks like the block are falling in place for Golding and Scott to be at Texas as it was rumored that Pruitt would go back to Alabama and Saban wants him back. Clob question if you do not mind. When are the allegations of a coach published for all to see. Meaning when will we know what Pruitt was ultimately fired for? Does the NCAA published what they found on each coach and if they are being fined or placed on some probation?

Pruitt is being fired today. I do not what he is being fired for but I hope we dont go after him if he is tainted. Looks like the block are falling in place for Golding and Scott to be at Texas as it was rumored that Pruitt would go back to Alabama and Saban wants him back. Clob question if you do not mind. When are the allegations of a coach published for all to see. Meaning when will we know what Pruitt was ultimately fired for? Does the NCAA published what they found on each coach and if they are being fined or placed on some probation?

I get the feeling that this was always the plan and the timing of it was dependent on Pruitt's firing. I expect Saban to have no issues in taking Pruitt - especially if the NCAA process will drag on for a year or two.

I would expect ( completely a guess with no inside info) the dominoes to fall in a couple days.

Given their past, I fully expect Karl Scott to follow Golding wherever he goes.

So, the final defensive staff may look like
DC -Golding
DB - Terry Joseph + Blake Gideon
LB - Karl Scott (+ Golding)
DL - Bo Davis

I get the feeling that this was always the plan and the timing of it was dependent on Pruitt's firing. I expect Saban to have no issues in taking Pruitt - especially if the NCAA process will drag on for a year or two.

I would expect ( completely a guess with no inside info) the dominoes to fall in a couple days.

Given their past, I fully expect Karl Scott to follow Golding wherever he goes.

So, the final defensive staff may look like
DC -Golding
DB - Terry Joseph + Blake Gideon
LB - Karl Scott (+ Golding)
DL - Bo Davis

Interesting being an offensive guy you would think SS would bring in an entirely new offensive staff but he's keeping Drayton and Coleman. But if you're correct in your Karl Scott prediction it would be a new defensive staff. So much for conventional wisdom.

Coleman is a head scratcher, but it was a no brainer to keep Drayton, he is the reason Bijan came to Texas and I'm sure he would have left if Drayton had also left.

Coleman is a head scratcher, but it was a no brainer to keep Drayton, he is the reason Bijan came to Texas and I'm sure he would have left if Drayton had also left.

We have 3 receivers who shined when given an opportunity I'm speaking of the 3 J's. Brennan Eagles, and Keaontay's brother have some flashes. But we never really had an identity in the receiving game. Can SS and the new offensive coaches can take these kids game to the next level? Why not and he must be impressed by what he's inherited and maybe that's why Coleman is still here. In closing here's some food for thought. We didn't have a true offensive identity and yet we averaged the second most ppg than any TX team in history.

Yeah I don’t get why some don’t like keeping Coleman. With a QB that was a better passer we have some guys that would of lit it up this year. For Sark though getting the d staff right is more important most of the offense would be on Sark

Honestly we should have kept Ash, he did a good job.

Generally speaking the #1 job of a receiver coach is recruiting, he is generally one of the best recruiters on the staff. Coleman doesn't strike me as a great recruiter. This is why I questioned the move when Herman hired him and when Sark kept him. I'll accept that both know more than me.

Honestly we should have kept Ash, he did a good job.

Generally speaking the #1 job of a receiver coach is recruiting, he is generally one of the best recruiters on the staff. Coleman doesn't strike me as a great recruiter. This is why I questioned the move when Herman hired him and when Sark kept him. I'll accept that both know more than me.
Sounds like the recruiting is going to fall mostly on Banks and Gideon. Stan Drayton also seems to be a quality recruiter.

Lots of smoke about Pete Kwiatkowski, ....supposedly quite a defensive innovator. What I have heard is that he regularly stops Leaches offense. That is damned good news for defense against the spread. I just read this and have no idea if it is true.

I just looked up that Leach was 1-7 against UW and from 2013 till now the most points he ever scored against UW was 17....I will take that as a positive that Pete K knows how to defense the spread-air raid....

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
He runs the 2-4-5 defensive scheme. Does this help us or hurt us in recruiting? Please explain how this will benefit us if most Texas high school kids play 4-3-4.

well....he has sent 9 players to the NFL in the 1st or second round in the last 5 years including 2 DL guys. That compares to our ZERO drafted 1st or 2nd in the same time frame.......that might help a little.....

I don’t know enough about him to have a strong opinion but the Washington side of things seems to believe this is devastating to their program.

ADVERTISEMENT