ADVERTISEMENT

Dream team staff for Sark.

I'm seeing his name all over reports from we are all in on him to we've actually signed him. Went to a washington fan page and they are pissed as though he is definitely gone.
Anyone want to tell me how to pronounce his last name? Wait-cow-ski?

Reactions: westx
Texas to hire Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski for same role with Longhorns, per reports

First-year Texas coach Steve Sarkisian has his new defensive coordinator. After a search that included some high-profile names, it appears Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski will join the Longhorns in the same capacity, according to Bruce Feldman of The Athletic. The news was first reported Monday evening by The Football Brainiacs.
Kwiatkowski just finished his seventh year with the Huskies -- all of which have featured him in either the DC or Co-DC roles with team head coach Jimmy Lake. Kwiatkowski came to Washington from Boise State in 2014 with former head coach Chris Petersen. He served as the team's DC from 2014-17 before being named the Co-DC with Lake from 2018-19, at which time he also coached outside linebackers. With Lake succeeding Petersen a year ago, Kwiatkowski returned to his sole DC role while continuing his position coach duties.

Interest in Kwiatkowski is warranted. From 2015-18, Washington had the Pac-12's best scoring defense and finished in the top 10 nationally in that category three times. Despite a difficult season in 2020 due to COVID-19, Washington still finished second in the Pac-12 with 25 points per game allowed.

This is a significant pickup for Sarkisian since the search for his new DC has featured some big names. CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd previously reported that Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, Arkansas defensive coordinator Barry Odom and Mississippi State defensive coordinator Zach Arnett all interviewed for the job.

Texas to hire Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski for same role with Longhorns, per reports

First-year Texas coach Steve Sarkisian has his new defensive coordinator. After a search that included some high-profile names, it appears Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski will join the Longhorns in the same capacity, according to Bruce Feldman of The Athletic. The news was first reported Monday evening by The Football Brainiacs.
Kwiatkowski just finished his seventh year with the Huskies -- all of which have featured him in either the DC or Co-DC roles with team head coach Jimmy Lake. Kwiatkowski came to Washington from Boise State in 2014 with former head coach Chris Petersen. He served as the team's DC from 2014-17 before being named the Co-DC with Lake from 2018-19, at which time he also coached outside linebackers. With Lake succeeding Petersen a year ago, Kwiatkowski returned to his sole DC role while continuing his position coach duties.

Interest in Kwiatkowski is warranted. From 2015-18, Washington had the Pac-12's best scoring defense and finished in the top 10 nationally in that category three times. Despite a difficult season in 2020 due to COVID-19, Washington still finished second in the Pac-12 with 25 points per game allowed.

This is a significant pickup for Sarkisian since the search for his new DC has featured some big names. CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd previously reported that Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, Arkansas defensive coordinator Barry Odom and Mississippi State defensive coordinator Zach Arnett all interviewed for the job.
source?

I may have missed this in all the hubbub but I’ve heard no ‘whisperings’ of a S&C coach...surely someone here can set me straight on this.

I'm seeing his name all over reports from we are all in on him to we've actually signed him. Went to a washington fan page and they are pissed as though he is definitely gone.
Anyone want to tell me how to pronounce his last name? Wait-cow-ski?

From what I understand about Polish surnames there is no W pronunciation they use a V in place of it.

I may have missed this in all the hubbub but I’ve heard no ‘whisperings’ of a S&C coach...surely someone here can set me straight on this.

We got the S&C coach from FeCal, I don't remember his name. However he is only Strength, we are also bringing in a separate coach to handle conditioning.

Don't know if you remember, but back in 2004 Texas took away conditioning from Maddog and it was handled by Tomey and another coach, it was the most effective move Mack made after 2003.

I didn't know much about Pete...um...Kawasaki but after a bit of research I think I like this.
Then again, I also liked Manny _iaz before he started complaining about Harsins players dropping out of the sky ect... Never a good sign when your DC brags on how much the offense is taking their lunch.

We got the S&C coach from FeCal, I don't remember his name. However he is only Strength, we are also bringing in a separate coach to handle conditioning.

Don't know if you remember, but back in 2004 Texas took away conditioning from Maddog and it was handled by Tomey and another coach, it was the most effective move Mack made after 2003.

Appreciate it Wasatch. With all the new hires I thought this one in particular would have been a bigger deal but maybe not. Hopefully this move is as effective now is as it was then.

I get the feeling that this was always the plan and the timing of it was dependent on Pruitt's firing. I expect Saban to have no issues in taking Pruitt - especially if the NCAA process will drag on for a year or two.

I would expect ( completely a guess with no inside info) the dominoes to fall in a couple days.

Given their past, I fully expect Karl Scott to follow Golding wherever he goes.

So, the final defensive staff may look like
DC -Golding
DB - Terry Joseph + Blake Gideon
LB - Karl Scott (+ Golding)
DL - Bo Davis
Didn't ya'll already do the Bo Davis experiment previously? Wasn't he with Texas under the last years of Mack?

Last edited:
I didn't know much about Pete...um...Kawasaki but after a bit of research I think I like this.
Then again, I also liked Manny _iaz before he started complaining about Harsins players dropping out of the sky ect... Never a good sign when your DC brags on how much the offense is taking their lunch.
He fell out of favor with me when Knee Brace Taysom went in dry the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrinkToIt

If you look at his track record he has put one of the best scoring defenses in the last 5 years. 17 players have been drafted on that side of the ball in the last 4 years. Since 2014 they have not given up more than 35 points to an opponent. And this guy is 55 years old....And you want to compare him to Manny Diaz?

If you look at his track record he has put one of the best scoring defenses in the last 5 years. 17 players have been drafted on that side of the ball in the last 4 years. Since 2014 they have not given up more than 35 points to an opponent. And this guy is 55 years old....And you want to compare him to Manny Diaz?
Yeah, no.
Not comparing anything except for my liking of the hire. I liked the Diaz hire too until we realized he sucked. My point is, on paper I like this hire but will optimistically withhold endorsement until we see the product on the field.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Reactions: westx
Sounds like Mike Stoops as LB coach is a done deal. Sark’s staff doesn’t lack experience thats for sure.
Well this is good news indeed. In all seriousness, he's been on Saban's staff for a couple of years now and possibly has his head on straight again.

Sounds like Mike Stoops as LB coach is a done deal. Sark’s staff doesn’t lack experience thats for sure.

Was hoping that he'd be your DC, but this is still pretty good.

It was un-freaking-believable how many of our players regressed under Stoops and his staff.

You know how I know we hired a good DC, because all the U Dub fans were pissed we hired their coach. You know how I know we hired a dog at linebacker?

This is too funny. Over at surl, there is a picture of mike stoops floating around with his maga hat on. Liberal heads are exploding... He won't last long. The honeymoon is over for Sark. All that money only to be hated after 2-3 weeks.

Texas reminds me of Tennessee more and more everyday. When are we hiring a law firm to uncover Sark's rulebreaking so we can fire him with cause? I'm guessing after year 2.

Last edited:
140184716_3971529536212285_7051685897818806034_n.jpg

This is too funny. Over at surl, there is a picture of mike stoops floating around with his maga hat on. Liberal heads are exploding... He won't last long. The honeymoon is over for Sark. All that money only to be hated after 2-3 weeks.

Texas reminds me of Tennessee more and more everyday. When are we hiring a law firm to uncover Sark's rulebreaking so we can fire him with cause? I'm guessing after year 2.

I find it so stupid that actors and musicians can bitch and moan about Trump for 4 years and turn off half the country and its ok, but God forbid someone show support for Trump and all the liberal children scream like a banshee demanding their cancelation.

Look. Robert DeNiro is massive tool with his Trump rhetoric but I still like his movies. The difference is liberals want to suck their thumb and have their blanky 24/7. You can't disagree on anything with them lest they cry and stamp their feet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT