ADVERTISEMENT

Drop dat axe day???

EWNHorn

Nov 30, 2014
To: CDC

Please let Dec 1st 2020 be a productive day for my Longhorns. Herman sharpened the axe Friday with the 4th quarter play calling. We need you to simply drop it with the help of BMD.

Thanks in advance,
EWNHorn

80877073.jpg

• Love
Reactions: EWNHorn
To: CDC

Please let Dec 1st 2020 be a productive day for my Longhorns. Herman sharpened the axe Friday with the 4th quarter play calling. We need you to simply drop it with the help of BMD.

Thanks in advance,
EWNHorn

From a CFB writer from Football Scoop:

<a href="">November 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He won't be dropped until the bowl game if there is one. UM is inked with Fox until December 19. We are going to keep Herman through the early signing period. UM could not do much for the 2021 class. As Clob said, they are going to have to do some patchwork with the roster for next year. Hopefully, we can save what class we have, cut the malcontents, and begin to rebuild. I believe the official package (contract) went out to UM yesterday. It had everything he wanted. It's reported to be a 5 year contract starting at 10mm per year adding 1mm per year. It's incentive-laden with large bonuses for championships etc....

Reactions: tc144509
He won't be dropped until the bowl game if there is one. UM is inked with Fox until December 19. We are going to keep Herman through the early signing period. UM could not do much for the 2021 class. As Clob said, they are going to have to do some patchwork with the roster for next year. Hopefully, we can save what class we have, cut the malcontents, and begin to rebuild. I believe the official package (contract) went out to UM yesterday. It had everything he wanted. It's reported to be a 5 year contract starting at 10mm per year adding 1mm per year. It's incentive-laden with large bonuses for championships etc....
How do you know this? lol

Even if he is under contract with Fox he can still agree in principal. Get those kids on the fence off the fence. Fire Herm now and Ash run the show. Send a signal to any unsigned kid that Texas is serious about turning it around and there is a way to the NFL through Austin now. I know some kids are off the table, but this would grab some that are not going to Texas just because of uncertainty and negative recruiting.
I'm no expert, but I'd pull the trigger now.

Even if he is under contract with Fox he can still agree in principal. Get those kids on the fence off the fence. Fire Herm now and Ash run the show. Send a signal to any unsigned kid that Texas is serious about turning it around and there is a way to the NFL through Austin now. I know some kids are off the table, but this would grab some that are not going to Texas just because of uncertainty and negative recruiting.
I'm no expert, but I'd pull the trigger now.

In principle vs inked are 2 different things. Lots of legal issues. Both sides need to get this right. I imagine Herm is a potential fly in the ointment. Keeping him under contractual obligation keeps him on his best behavior.

The players already know he is gone. I imagine there will be more defections shortly. Cosmi's exit was completely logical. Stern's exit was not, he is a malcontent apparently. We need to identify the problem children and let them go.

Last edited:
Reactions: EWNHorn
In principle vs inked are 2 different things. Lots of legal issues. Both sides need to get this right. I imagine Herm is a potential fly in the ointment. Keeping him under contractual obligations keeps him on his best behavior.

The players already know he is gone. I imagine there will be more defections shortly. Cosmi's exit was completely logical. Stern's exit was not, he is a malcontent apparently. We need to identify the problem children and let them go.

Regardless of what anyone states, I imagine that the locker room is very dysfunctional and some guys have been walking around on eggshells.

You can't tell me that everyone on the football team share the same political and ethical beliefs.

Regardless of what anyone states, I imagine that the locker room is very dysfunctional and some guys have been walking around on eggshells.

You can't tell me that everyone on the football team share the same political and ethical beliefs.
With rare exception, all teams, business organizations, or companies are composed of individuals with varying political, ethical, cultural beliefs and backgrounds. UT is no different than AL, Clemson, or Ohio State in that regard. It's the mission of the leader to keep everyone's "eye on the prize" and maintain distractions at arm's length. Those teams are focused on trophies not school songs or other activist activities. Those schools have decided that their football teams should be focused on just that: compete for national championships. They are not a branch of the liberal arts school and are managed accordingly. Us . . .

They aren’t going to officially make the move until after the season. No need to

They aren’t going to officially make the move until after the season. No need to

Completely disagree, there is a huge need to, it's called recruiting. if we wait til after the first signing day, we lose the opportunity to make a sales pitch to guys that might be still interested in Texas but not Tom Herman as a coach.

Completely disagree, there is a huge need to, it's called recruiting. if we wait til after the first signing day, we lose the opportunity to make a sales pitch to guys that might be still interested in Texas but not Tom Herman as a coach.

I agree with this! Even if we get them to not sign in Dec and wait for Feb. Give them a chance to think over who they want to play for! If we wait for two more weeks then they sign and go away...........

^This. Also, nothing good comes from having a lame duck hang around, especially if the locker room knows he's gone as has been noted above. It just creates unnecessary dissension and discord among the pro-Herman and non-Herman believers. Like a tumor, you cut it out as soon as possible.

Even if they made the move today probably wouldn’t officially hire Urban until after signing day anyway,

Even if they made the move today probably wouldn’t officially hire Urban until after signing day anyway,

Don't have to, all he has to do is agree in principal and if he is going to keep some of the assistants like Ash and the RB coach, it will give those guys the opportunity to reach out to these recruits with something to sell. Right now they have nothing to sell.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Don't have to, all he has to do is agree in principal and if he is going to keep some of the assistants like Ash and the RB coach, it will give those guys the opportunity to reach out to these recruits with something to sell. Right now they have nothing to sell.

I agree but the problem remains, if UM does not sign, they may reach a point in the search for a coach where replacing Herman is a bad move. I have seen some pretty bad options named as possible replacements that would be a step DOWN. We need to make sure we have his replacement before we can him.

Last edited:
i would love for the decision to just be made public as soon as possible, but knowing how we do things nothing will happen until after the end of the season. maybe before the bowl game but no earlier.

I thought it was pretty evident he lost his stuff and that is why he was let go.
Eh I think he could still coach. Sometimes you just need a break of a change. Look at Mack Brown or even Bill Snyder.

I’m not saying we should hire Bob Stoops, but I do think if a school wanted him he could be had.

But, but, but, . . . I need to know now! Tell me again how you know? I need to know. This is driving me crazy! =)roll
I can't tell you how I know. You know the rules about fight club.
Look, Urban has not said "no" yet. That's all that really matters at this point. Everything, and I mean everything, is still on the table. I can hit you with cliché after cliché about negotiating a deal-- and they would all apply.
But the most important part of all of this is, UM is listening.

I can't tell you how I know. You know the rules about fight club.
Look, Urban has not said "no" yet. That's all that really matters at this point. Everything, and I mean everything, is still on the table. I can hit you with cliché after cliché about negotiating a deal-- and they would all apply.
But the most important part of all of this is, UM is listening.

Clob, I'm gonna need you to go in and get this deal done............

Eh I think he could still coach. Sometimes you just need a break of a change. Look at Mack Brown or even Bill Snyder.

I’m not saying we should hire Bob Stoops, but I do think if a school wanted him he could be had.
Honestly there is no way I would hire Stoops or any other coach around his age in hopes of rebuilding and getting to a NC. Imo they just don’t have the fire it takes. Saban being a continued exception.

ADVERTISEMENT