ADVERTISEMENT

Drop dat axe day???

Honestly there is no way I would hire Stoops or any other coach around his age in hopes of rebuilding and getting to a NC. Imo they just don’t have the fire it takes. Saban being a continued exception.
Bob Stoops - 60 Urban Meyer - 56 (age)

My best guess (and I'm an expert on nothing but will comment on everything) is that he is done. He wanted to play around in XFL for a bit, but doesn't want the day in and day out grind of college football anymore. He can make his big money without that. I don't blame him, enjoy what you worked so hard for.

Honestly there is no way I would hire Stoops or any other coach around his age in hopes of rebuilding and getting to a NC. Imo they just don’t have the fire it takes. Saban being a continued exception.
Yeah but sometimes a new challenge lights the fire.

Does anyone have any news or possible insight if the new coach will keep any of the remaining staff intact?

I can't tell you how I know. You know the rules about fight club.
Look, Urban has not said "no" yet. That's all that really matters at this point. Everything, and I mean everything, is still on the table. I can hit you with cliché after cliché about negotiating a deal-- and they would all apply.
But the most important part of all of this is, UM is listening.
Yes I do know the fight club rules. I really didn't intend for you to respond to my post as I was trying to be very sarcastic in playing along with Texas4040's post and your response above. Nonetheless, thanks and we're all hopeful for a positive outcome - whatever it is.

Yes I do know the fight club rules. I really didn't intend for you to respond to my post as I was trying to be very sarcastic in playing along with Texas4040's post and your response above. Nonetheless, thanks and we're all hopeful for a positive outcome - whatever it is.
Clob is right. The fact that Urban hasn’t said no is the best we can get right this minute.

My best guess (and I'm an expert on nothing but will comment on everything) is that he is done. He wanted to play around in XFL for a bit, but doesn't want the day in and day out grind of college football anymore. He can make his big money without that. I don't blame him, enjoy what you worked so hard for.
Alpha males never lose that desire for a new challenge. I can guarantee you Urban watching from the sidelines for a few years has him itching to get back in. Football is in his DNA.

Reportedly he listened to Florida state last year. There is also been rumors that Auburn is going to try to throw a large sum of money at him. When your betting on weather a coach comes back or not. Always bet yes. You’ll be right more often than your wrong.

Auburn is the Oklahoma State of the SEC. Every year we hear this is Auburn’s year, they’re gonna break thru, Mahlzahn is an offensive genius and every year ends in grea disappointment for Auburn fan. I can’t believe Mahlzan has lasted this long.

Well you gotta say one thing about Auburn. They are the only team in the SEC that has held their own against AL.

Auburn is the Oklahoma State of the SEC. Every year we hear this is Auburn’s year, they’re gonna break thru, Mahlzahn is an offensive genius and every year ends in grea disappointment for Auburn fan. I can’t believe Mahlzan has lasted this long.
I’m not sure that’s a fair comparison. They’ve won a national title and played for another one in the last 15 years. Ok state can’t say that. Auburn would be the best team in all the other power 5 conferences for the last decade minus maybe the ACC. Just so happen the team of the decade resides in the same state and conference that they do

I’m not sure that’s a fair comparison. They’ve won a national title and played for another one in the last 15 years. Ok state can’t say that. Auburn would be the best team in all the other power 5 conferences for the last decade minus maybe the ACC. Just so happen the team of the decade resides in the same state and conference that they do
I should have clarified, Under Mahlzan they’ve underachieved consistently. I agree they play in a conference with Alabama but that’s not their only loss every year. If I was Auburn fan I’d want Malzahn gone too

Auburn being the best team of the decade minus Bama and maybe Clemson is waaaaaay too far of a reach.

They had one great Gene Chizik season with the bought and paid for Cam Newton. They had another good but not great team in 2013 that had TWO of the luckiest plays in college football history to get them to the championship game loss.

other eight seasons were:

- 9 losses
- 6 losses
- 5 losses
- 5 losses
- 5 losses
- 5 losses
- 4 losses
- 4 losses

Huh? I like Auburn, and I like Malzahn, but this is just flat wrong.

You don’t think Auburn would be the best team in the big 12 most of the last 10 years?
First or 2nd team in the big 10
Easily the best team in the pac 12
No. They lose to A&M literally every other year.

auburn is flighty. sometimes they're great; sometimes they're 5-7. they're not a stronger year-in, year-out program than oklahoma or probably oklahoma state. in the pac, washington and oregon have been more consistently good. in the big10, they're not CLOSE to ohio state, and until this year michigan, penn st and wisconsin have been better. iowa has been plenty good, too. quit drinkin the espsec kool-aid.

You don’t think Auburn would be the best team in the big 12 most of the last 10 years?
First or 2nd team in the big 10
Easily the best team in the pac 12

No I don't. Not a chance in hell they have been more talented and better coached than Oklahoma or Ohio State. And to even question if they would be better than Clemson is silly.

Now, you have something in the Pac 12.

No I don't. Not a chance in hell they have been more talented and better coached than Oklahoma or Ohio State. And to even question if they would be better than Clemson is silly.

Now, you have something in the Pac 12.
Weather or not they are better coached than OU is debateable, but history has shown that when OU runs in to a team from the SEC or Big 10 they don’t fair all that well. Some of those Auburn teams probably would of handled OU and fairly easily

Last edited:
Weather or not they are better coached than OU is debateable, but history has shown that when OU runs in to a team from the SEC or Big 10 they don’t fair all that well. Some of those Auburn teams probably would of handled OU and fairly easily

Good grief KC, do you just say stuff for the sake of saying stuff?

Stoops/Riley are flat out better coaches than Chizik/Malzahn. It isn’t close. That this is even a debate is a head scratcher.

So if UM turns down the job, who should UT go after?

Would Shannahan be interested in leaving the NFL? Rod Babers has said on the Horn that he's not interested in doing the recruiting thing. There's just not a lot of great coaches out there....would we go after the ISU coach?

Idk that Riley is that much better than Herman He’s certainly had a better start to his career, but he inherited a much better situation as well I think we are just now gonna start seeing what Riley is capable of with most of Stoops guys gone. Not sure the book is completely written on Riley yet.

I'm convinced that you just say shit, just to say shit...sometimes

Riley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Herman

Just want to make sure we're clear on this point.

So if UM turns down the job, who should UT go after?

Would Shannahan be interested in leaving the NFL? Rod Babers has said on the Horn that he's not interested in doing the recruiting thing. There's just not a lot of great coaches out there....would we go after the ISU coach?

We're stuck with Herman my friend. Hopefully we get lucky one day like Alabama did when Saban fell into their lap. Wouldn't count on it.

Idk that Riley is that much better than Herman He’s certainly had a better start to his career, but he inherited a much better situation as well I think we are just now gonna start seeing what Riley is capable of with most of Stoops guys gone. Not sure the book is completely written on Riley yet.

You can't be serious. Herman isn't close to being in the same class as Riley. Compare their wins, development of players, and Heisman trophy winners. That tells the story right there.

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT