ADVERTISEMENT

Ehlinger AC sprain to throwing shoulder

I’d say no. Sprained mine my freshman year and was out 4 or 5 weeks and redshirted. It was very painful.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, my experience is that shoulders are difficult to heal. It usually isn't a quick thing. I saw Sam walking back from the tunnel and he was not moving his right arm at all. It wouldn't surprise me if he is out the rest of the regular season. I am not saying that is the case, but, simply that it wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: TX1972
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, my experience is that shoulders are difficult to heal. It usually isn't a quick thing. I saw Sam walking back from the tunnel and he was not moving his right arm at all. It wouldn't surprise me if he is out the rest of the regular season. I am not saying that is the case, but, simply that it wouldn't surprise me."

From someone from West Texas.....i would've pegged you as. ......well.....not a puss.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, my experience is that shoulders are difficult to heal. It usually isn't a quick thing. I saw Sam walking back from the tunnel and he was not moving his right arm at all. It wouldn't surprise me if he is out the rest of the regular season. I am not saying that is the case, but, simply that it wouldn't surprise me.
Sam is a pretty tough kid. We should just wait for the MRI results and quit speculating

I hope everything turns out good for the young man and he can return soon. Just glad to have a good backup.

If we are without Sam, Vegas will not adjust quickly. For 1 or 2 games we will not cover for sure, then they will adjust.

MRI is the only way to image a soft tissue injury. Stretched ligaments, grade 1, partially torn ligaments grade 2.

Sam is a pretty tough kid. We should just wait for the MRI results and quit speculating
Why don't we not speculate on our win loss record till the season is over. Good grief. Speculating and BS'ing about Texas is what this site does 24-7.

Even if he is back, will our offense be the same? Quite frankly, the QB power run game has been the best thing about our offense. You'd have to think we'd have to ease up on that to protect Sam from from further injury. If we do that, it hurts the passing game and the RBs because we lose the threat of the QB run.

If we have Shane for any amount of time, 1) We are going to lose some games, no doubt, and 2)he's going to end up hurt, too.

So, why do some have a problem with mixing a freshman in to get him ready? More than likely, we're going to be forced to play a freshman anyway, and I don't believe either one can be worse than Shane. Sorry but I'm willing take my chances instead of just sit there hoping Shane suddenly by some miracle becomes a QB.

Clemson chose a freshman. Georgia wishes their coach would choose the freshman. Yeah those were highly rated QBs, but they're still freshmen, and our guys were pretty damn highly rated, too.

Everyone needs to be careful what they wish for regarding playing the freshmen QBs.

Why? Because one of them might be a pleasant surprise when we already know Shane is terrible, and we'd rather take a chance than go on an inevitable losing streak?

Reactions: weevilcatch
Even if Sam is able to come back then how many hits can he take on that shoulder and he will get hit and prolong his injury recover time.My guess it will also affect his throwing ability.Sam is a tough guy but what is in the best interest of Sam.You may not like the back-ups but they can play and that should be the direction at this time.

Ya, we're about to lose some games. We don't have a quality back up. That's on the coaches.

Ya, we're about to lose some games. We don't have a quality back up. That's on the coaches.

To be clear, that's not on these coaches, who clearly are bringing in better QB prospects. That's on the previous staff, who gave us Shane Beuchele. Yes they got Sam, but nobody else for depth. Would've been nice to at least offer Brewer.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Why? Because one of them might be a pleasant surprise when we already know Shane is terrible, and we'd rather take a chance than go on an inevitable losing streak?

You sure are confident in a player we have never seen play. Ever stop to think that they might be worse than Shane and are the 3rd and 4th string for a reason?

ADVERTISEMENT