ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing baseball stat regarding A&M

utisdabomb12

Aug 12, 2013
A&M has two victories in the College World Series. They beat Ohio State in the 1961 CWS and Kansas in the 1993 CWS.

Texas baseball beat Louisville, UC Irvine and Vanderbilt last year in the CWS.

Texas surpassed A&M's total win history, in the CWS, in one year.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/16 11:56 PM by utisdabomb12

And there were Aggys who actually thought Kyler Murray intended to play football and baseball @ A&M
clown.r191677.gif

I'm sure TexasAggiesFan, a new troll poster on here, can give us great insight into this stat.
laugh.r191677.gif

But the conference they were in did very well. That is all that matters to them.

We have more national championships in baseball (6) than they have all time visits to Omaha. Why are we even discussing aggy baseball? It's like discussing the efficacy of the Bolivian Navy.

In all honesty, what has A&M really accomplished in any of the Big 3 sports?

Basketball: A&M has made it to the Sweet sixteen 3 times. That's literally all they've accomplished. Our basketball resume isn't all that great but hell we've made the final four 3 times, elite eight 7 times and Sweet sixteen 10 times.

Baseball: A&M has two CWS wins that's all they have in terms of accomplishments.

Football: They won a title in 1939, way before we were born. They haven't won anything of value in our lifetime like a national title or BCS game. Heck, I think they've only had 1 top 5 finish since 1956.

This post was edited on 2/23 1:42 PM by utisdabomb12

"Bomb obsessing over A&M"

Says the aggy on a Longhorn board, probably on about his 5th or 6th name.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:

Says the horn with 12700 posts about Aggies on a Longhorn board.

Originally posted by mikej042002:

Says the horn with 12700 posts about Aggies on a Longhorn board.
The two of you arguing about who is more obsessed..........it really is cute of you both.

I'm sure TexasAggiesFan, a new troll poster on here, can give us great insight into this stat.
laugh.r191677.gif
I actually enjoy these topics bomb.

Let's see...

Your bubble watch topic likely has your horns headed out of the tournament. Lunardi even mentioned this last night during halftime. Now you get to play a fired up Kansas team on Saturday!

Your baseball rpi topic has your rpi falling and fact finder correcting you. Pretty funny!

Did you just guarantee us wins in the CWS? Sweet!

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:
laugh.r191677.gif

Let's see...

Your bubble watch topic likely has your horns headed out of the tournament. Lunardi even mentioned this last night during halftime. Now you get to play a fired up Kansas team on Saturday!

Your baseball rpi topic has your rpi falling and fact finder correcting you. Pretty funny!

Falling? It is a constantly moving stat line... Texas is 100 spots better than Aggy!

This post was edited on 2/24 9:54 AM by TexExSpur

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:
laugh.r191677.gif

Let's see...

Can you address the decades of underachieving in baseball though?

The crowds at A&M games are pretty awesome at least...talent is EVERYWHERE in that area.

"Can you address the decades of underachieving in baseball though?"

They seem to sidestep this question in all the Big 3 sports. They sure do talk a big game though.

"Can you address the decades of underachieving in baseball though?"

They seem to sidestep this question in all the Big 3 sports. They sure do talk a big game though.
I actually like their baseball program...I've had friends play and coach there. The crowd is awesome, the setting/backdrop is cool, their renovated stadium is nice, and their in a recruiting hotbed. 2 wins in that amount of time is plain ludicrous...

"2 wins in that amount of time is plain ludicrous..."

Yep, you can recruit only Houston in baseball and field a damn good D1 baseball program. See Rice.

Matter of fact, this year the #6 HS baseball team in the country is from college station. College Station always puts out damn good baseball players at the HS level. Amazing they haven't won a CWS title much less only two games.

Matter of fact, this year the #6 HS baseball team in the country is from college station. College Station always puts out damn good baseball players at the HS level. Amazing they haven't won a CWS title much less only two games.
That team is absolutely LOADED. It is the new HS in CS...

You better watch out horn fans. When Bomb starts running his mouth Texas seems to go on a losing streak. It happened in football and basketball and it could happen in baseball as well.

"You better watch out horn fans. When Bomb starts running his mouth Texas seems to go on a losing streak. It happened in football and basketball and it could happen in baseball as well."

From a fanbase that always run their mouths and haven't won anything since 1939. Go figure. I've seen multiple titles in baseball, multiple BCS wins in football, a title in football, a final 4 in basketball, a couple elite 8s, etc. What have you seen? If I'm "jinxing Texas", you guys must be really jinxing A&M.
This post was edited on 2/24 9:57 PM by utisdabomb12

"You better watch out horn fans. When Bomb starts running his mouth Texas seems to go on a losing streak. It happened in football and basketball and it could happen in baseball as well."

From a fanbase that always run their mouths and hasn't won anything since 1939. Go figure. I've seen multiple titles in baseball, multiple BCS wins in football, a title in football, a final 4 in basketball, a couple elite 8s, etc. What have you seen?

This post was edited on 2/24 9:57 PM by utisdabomb12
Yet you're team is one on the losing streak and you are fairly new to the board considering other guys here. Since you have been here and started running your mouth you guys have gone on losing streaks. It's all there in black and white if you look at your post history.

"Yet you're team is one on the losing streak and you are fairly new to the board considering other guys here. Since you have been here and started running your mouth you guys have gone on losing streaks. It's all there in black and white if you look at your post history."

Texas has titles, A&M doesn't. We can run our mouths. That's what you don't understand. That's why I can't take you aggys seriously. You have to win something before I respect your trash talk.

This post was edited on 2/24 10:08 PM by utisdabomb12

"Yet you're team is one on the losing streak and you are fairly new to the board considering other guys here. Since you have been here and started running your mouth you guys have gone on losing streaks. It's all there in black and white if you look at your post history."

Texas has titles, A&M doesn't. We can run our mouths. That's what you don't understand. That's why I can't take you aggys seriously. You have to win something before I respect your trash talk.

This post was edited on 2/24 10:08 PM by utisdabomb12
By all means keep running your mouth and we will enjoy the losing streaks.
laugh.r191677.gif

"By all means keep running your mouth and we will enjoy the losing streaks."

I'll always run my mouth in reference to aggys. This is why.

Football: Texas 4 titles, A&M 1. Texas 3 BCS wins, A&M 0. Texas head to head record against A&M 76-37-5.

Basketball: Texas head to head record against A&M 137-85. Texas 3 final 4s, A&M 0. Texas 7 elite 8s, A&M 0. Texas 10 sweet 16s, A&M 3.

Baseball: Texas head to head record against A&M 240-123-5. Texas 6 titles, A&M 0.

All sports: Texas 50 national titles, A&M 12 national titles.

That's why I "run my mouth" in reference to A&M.

"I don't recall Bomb running his mouth last year about baseball."

I said throughout the year they would make the CWS because of pitching. I was right.

ADVERTISEMENT