ADVERTISEMENT

EOT

ElDiabloTejano

Sep 16, 2014
seeing a lot on the "Eyes of Texas" lately. national commentators trying to score woke points, with quotes by now-gone players. i HAVE noticed that, despite sark's pronouncement that we will sing it proudly, that there hasn't been a mass exodus to the transfer portal over the issue. also i'm thinking we haven't lost recruits over the issue. in fact, i'm starting to wonder if it was an actual issue at all. almost like it was conjured it up for the sake of getting attention.

I was picking up my son from tennis practice Tuesday evening and heard the National Anthem playing over the loudspeaker at the adjacent high school baseball field. I hadn't heard it in a while, but I will tell you this, it was a beautiful thing and precious music to my ears. The same bunch going after the EOT are the same bunch that went after the Anthem. I believe they will never stop and never be satisfied no matter how many concessions you give in the name of peace.

here's what somebody needs to do-- when the woke mob decides to start burning their torches next time, just ignore them. does disney really think them nerds were going to stop watching mandalorian? they should've ignored it, then checked the ratings. my guess is the ratings wouldn't have changed one iota due to that nonsense. they just want to claim a skin on the wall... so stop appeasing them. that's what the EOT thing was about-- everybody else was getting to claim a skin, and there were some at UT that wanted a skin to claim, too.

I was picking up my son from tennis practice Tuesday evening and heard the National Anthem playing over the loudspeaker at the adjacent high school baseball field. I hadn't heard it in a while, but I will tell you this, it was a beautiful thing and precious music to my ears. The same bunch going after the EOT are the same bunch that went after the Anthem. I believe they will never stop and never be satisfied no matter how many concessions you give in the name of peace.

As old as I am it still brings a breathless and teary response when I hear it, take this one from London

Color me a conspirist but I think all the crap about the EOT comes from other athletic departments using their contacts with media outlets to have them bring this back up. I think this is 100% being done to slow down Sark's recruiting

And yes I specifically think it comes from Ohio State, Oklahoma etc. Wouldn't be surprised if people from TCU and aggy are also pulling these strings.

Color me a conspirist but I think all the crap about the EOT comes from other athletic departments using their contacts with media outlets to have them bring this back up. I think this is 100% being done to slow down Sark's recruiting

And yes I specifically think it comes from Ohio State, Oklahoma etc. Wouldn't be surprised if people from TCU and aggy are also pulling these strings.

Funny thing is that I don't see any of those teams plying for the Natty lately! they can kiss my ass!

As old as I am it still brings a breathless and teary response when I hear it, take this one from London

9/11 is my birthday. These videos always bring a tear to my eye. And as the song says, "the flag IS still there".

BTW, if you ever get a chance to go to Ft. McHenry (before they get a chance to tear it done) it is an awesome reminder of how great this country once was and can still be.

The report is out and The Eyes is not racist. Once again the SJW's can't tell the difference between their head and their ass. I'm waiting for an apology...

The report is out and The Eyes is not racist. Once again the SJW's can't tell the difference between their head and their ass. I'm waiting for an apology...

As the saying goes... Wait in one hand and Sh!t in the other. See which one get filled first.

I am betting the second fills first given the SJW crowd...

Love the findings of the EOT announcement today. It should have never come to this though. This is a big FU to the woke crowd. It's time to stand up to the woke, cancel culture and tell them no!

Hook'em! 🤘
I don't think it's a FU to anybody. You can't look at it like it's a scoreboard.

Good guys 1
SJW 0

Not how this works. The bottom line is, if our song had lyrics in it like "ohhhh my black folks pick my cotton all the live long day" or maybe even more modern lyrics like "fvck that b!tch I'm a gangsta hood muh fugga bustin caps in 5-0's asses" ---- THEN it would be overtly racist. I could even see if the lyrics had "subtle" or soft racism lyrics.
But they don't. And just because a couple of dudes put ink on their faces and decided to act like clowns doesn't make the lyrics of the song racist.

Look, if you LOOK hard enough, you can find racism literally anywhere. Don't believe me? Pick something, anything, I can tie it to racism of some form. I can make a set of toe nail clippers seem racist.

Racism is not where you find it. Racism is wherever you LOOK for it hard enough. Right now, in this country, THE LEAST RACIST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, the DEMAND for racism far exceeds to supply.

I've been to 38 countries across this planet. You want to see REAL racism? Go to Asia. Korea people HATE Japanese people. Sure, they're both Asian..... but they're different. And Koreans HATE them some Japanese.
Vietnamese people HATE Chinese people. I mean they hate them.
Italy? Man you haven't seen racism until you've been to Italy.
Pakistan? Don't even get me started.
Hungary? Go spend a week in Hungary. The Magyars will flat out tell you they won't serve, acknowledge, sell to Africans. None. Zero.

I can't tell you how many people, on my MANY trips to Africa (close to a dozen)-- from Angola, South Africa, Gabon, Congo, Cameroon, Ethiopia, south sudan-- how many AFRICANS have told me that they wish their ancestors had ended up being taken to America-- because they know they'd have a better chance to prosper.

This country leads the world in the fight against racism. There is no debate about it.
But the king daddy of racist countries?
Russia. It's not even close.

clob, I don't disagree with any of what you wrote, but it does warm my heart knowing how this decision pisses off so many liberal, woke race baiters and people who think that they're "victims" today. There is absolutely NOTHING racist about The Eyes. For those who claim that the song is racist, they're the type that is walking around looking for something to be "offended" by every day.

I don't think it's a FU to anybody. You can't look at it like it's a scoreboard.

Good guys 1
SJW 0

Not how this works. The bottom line is, if our song had lyrics in it like "ohhhh my black folks pick my cotton all the live long day" or maybe even more modern lyrics like "fvck that b!tch I'm a gangsta hood muh fugga bustin caps in 5-0's asses" ---- THEN it would be overtly racist. I could even see if the lyrics had "subtle" or soft racism lyrics.
But they don't. And just because a couple of dudes put ink on their faces and decided to act like clowns doesn't make the lyrics of the song racist.

Look, if you LOOK hard enough, you can find racism literally anywhere. Don't believe me? Pick something, anything, I can tie it to racism of some form. I can make a set of toe nail clippers seem racist.

Racism is not where you find it. Racism is wherever you LOOK for it hard enough. Right now, in this country, THE LEAST RACIST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, the DEMAND for racism far exceeds to supply.

I've been to 38 countries across this planet. You want to see REAL racism? Go to Asia. Korea people HATE Japanese people. Sure, they're both Asian..... but they're different. And Koreans HATE them some Japanese.
Vietnamese people HATE Chinese people. I mean they hate them.
Italy? Man you haven't seen racism until you've been to Italy.
Pakistan? Don't even get me started.
Hungary? Go spend a week in Hungary. The Magyars will flat out tell you they won't serve, acknowledge, sell to Africans. None. Zero.

I can't tell you how many people, on my MANY trips to Africa (close to a dozen)-- from Angola, South Africa, Gabon, Congo, Cameroon, Ethiopia, south sudan-- how many AFRICANS have told me that they wish their ancestors had ended up being taken to America-- because they know they'd have a better chance to prosper.

This country leads the world in the fight against racism. There is no debate about it.
But the king daddy of racist countries?
Russia. It's not even close.

I'm sure the Korean resentment towards the Japanese stems from the time when Korea was brutally colonized by Japan. It was like from 1900 to the end of WW2. If I remember correctly Japan committed atrocities against many Asian countries China comes to mind. The Japanese had a cruel superiority complex over the Asian people. I learned about the animosity between China and Vietnam in Vietnam war documentary.

The animosity among African countries is a mystery to me. I know that Nigeria the hatred stems from Muslims hating Christians and vice versa. And because it was a British colony there has been armed conflict between those wanting African culture vs European culture. I wonder if that is a part of the animosity among African countries. A young man I know who served his LDS mission in Nigeria and Ghana said Nigeria is the only self sustaining country on the African continent. It should be Africa's crown jewel.

But for me while I acknowledge racism all over the world I'm only concerned about my country. It doesn't matter to me if were not the worst what matters to me is changing American racism for the better. But talking about that is a whole nother thread.

Now about the Eyes of Texas. I was talking to my son who is more liberal than me about the EoT. Imo the melody is the same as I've been working on the railroad which does have racist overtones. However the song does not. I've never had a strong opinion on the EoT but I do think it should be played and people should sing it if they want.

And I don't people should resent the black students who objected to the song.

My .02 worth

Last edited:
Hartzel F'd up by saying noone will be required to sing or stand for The Eyes. What's gonna happen when half the band won't play it at the first home game and half the players run off the field while the other half stay and stand?

You can't pussyfoot around this. You MUST make it a requirement for the band to play The Eyes and you MUST require the team to stand there together.

Nothing else will work. Otherwise all this committee and research was for nothing.

I'm sure the Korean resentment towards the Japanese stems from the time when Korea was brutally colonized by Japan. It was like from 1900 to the end of WW2. If I remember correctly Japan committed atrocities against many Asian countries China comes to mind. The Japanese had a cruel superiority complex over the Asian people. I learned about the animosity between China and Vietnam in Vietnam war documentary.

The animosity among African countries is a mystery to me. I know that Nigeria the hatred stems from Muslims hating Christians and vice versa. And because it was a British colony there has been armed conflict between those wanting African culture vs European culture. I wonder if that is a part of the animosity among African countries. A young man I know who served his LDS mission in Nigeria and Ghana said Nigeria is the only self sustaining country on the African continent. It should be Africa's crown jewel.

But for me while I acknowledge racism all over the world I'm only concerned about my country. It doesn't matter to me if were not the worst what matters to me is changing American racism for the better. But talking about that is a whole nother thread.

Now about the Eyes of Texas. I was talking to my son who is more liberal than me about the EoT. Imo the melody is the same as I've been working on the railroad which does have racist overtones. However the song does not. I've never had a strong opinion on the EoT but I do think it should be played and people should sing it if they want.

And I don't people should resent the black students who objected to the song.

My .02 worth

Funny how no one was offended by The Eyes until just recently when they were told to be offended by it. Same thing with statues, team names, monuments, product names, etc. This kind of PC nonsense has got to stop. It's the one's who constantly cry racism are who is causing the racial divide and keep the pot stirred. If people would stop talking about racism things would be a lot better as far as race relations go here. IMO America is not a racist country at all. We're all Americans, and we should identify each other as that without labeling what skin color a person is.

Hartzel F'd up by saying noone will be required to sing or stand for The Eyes. What's gonna happen when half the band won't play it at the first home game and half the players run off the field while the other half stay and stand?

You can't pussyfoot around this. You MUST make it a requirement for the band to play The Eyes and you MUST require the team to stand there together.

Nothing else will work. Otherwise all this committee and research was for nothing.

The players are going to stand for the EoT that's already been stated. I assume they will throw up a HookemHorns as well. They stated the players don't have to sing it. I'm fine with this.

Absolutely! Hartsell left the door open for the turncoats to disrespect The Eyes by not playing and/or standing when it is played, which is what caused all of this garbage in the first place. It's still not too late. He should clarify things and make it a requirement to stand and/or play it for the athletes and band members. For those who don't want to do that, there are lots of college age students who will gladly take the place of those woke students who want to protest and disrespect the song. The Eyes is a long standing tradition at Texas, and this is known to all before they enroll in their first class on the 40. If they don't like the song, then they should never enroll at UT. That said, once they are enrolled, there is no excuse to disrespect TEOT!

The players are going to stand for the EoT that's already been stated. I assume they will throw up a HookemHorns as well. They stated the players don't have to sing it. I'm fine with this.

The players have never all sang it anyway. Hartzel said in an interview with Lowell Galindo that no one would be required to stand or sing.

The players must stand unified on the field. The band must play it. The end.

I'm fine with this as well. Just don't turn your back when it's being played or walk off of the field. Stand there with your horns up and show respect for a great tradition. If they sing or not, that's up to the individual.

You know I mentioned at the end of the season that after the OSU and KSU games the players sang Texas fight in the locker room. After the KSU game some player had tears in their eyes while they sang.

What this tells me is that our players don't hate this school. They want Texas to win desperately. A lot of TX fans don't see this and that includes some people on this board.

Man I will be glad when spring ball starts in 2 weeks. No I take that back I will be relieved. Our new coach is on his honeymoon lets try to enjoy this.

Reactions: DrinkToIt
‘68 or shootings today?
My fault. Somebody hypothesized that the new noise about this was coming from other athletic departments that are negative recruiting us. I hypothesized that perhaps it may be coming from Chicago, from an immature guy that feels scorned and is going to get his pound of flesh on his way out

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT