ADVERTISEMENT

Feb Recruiting and Portal movements

Suchomel from Orangebloods is reporting that RB Johnson will visit Texas this week. It’s always good to get the last visit.

Well that's a relief and 24/7 has not listed him as hard commit. Man we've got to get it done with this guy.

I think I heard today that over his tenure at Washington he had given up 35 points or more 5 times. In the same time frame, Texas has given up 35 points 22 times.

I think I heard today that over his tenure at Washington he had given up 35 points or more 5 times. In the same time frame, Texas has given up 35 points 22 times.
That’s encouraging although there aren’t great offenses in the pac 12. But he clearly has the track recored for this job. On paper it looks like Sark did what he needed to do and that was mail his DC hire.

Being in CA, I follow the Pac12 (when ever they don’t PVSSY out of a season) and the Husky defenses are very tough. His D lines are massive - think Danny Shelton. He pulled a lot of big Polynesian players to WA. His recruiting strategy should be interesting as I don’t see him getting the Poly D lineman here. His defenses are also known for big hard hitting safeties.
Overall, I like the hire.

Being in CA, I follow the Pac12 (when ever they don’t PVSSY out of a season) and the Husky defenses are very tough. His D lines are massive - think Danny Shelton. He pulled a lot of big Polynesian players to WA. His recruiting strategy should be interesting as I don’t see him getting the Poly D lineman here. His defenses are also known for big hard hitting safeties.
Ya. We don't have fresh enough sea food to get the Polynesian players here.

Y'all laugh. But it's true. Them dudes love pork and fresh fish. We got the pork. But we don't have the fresh fish.

I follow WA also. He's produced NFL talent at every position. And I'm taking talking about #1 draft picks, starters, AA's, pro bowl players, you name it.

Pete Kwiatkowski has been a Pacific Northwest guy his whole life. He has a 15 year association with Chris Petersen. At WA he sent at least 10 players to the which is a lot better than what we've done in the same time frame. He's embarking on new journey to southern fried FB. I know fb is intense in Seattle, WA but he's going to find out they turn up the heat a few notches in TX.

He's had a successful run but OK will have a better offense than anything he saw in the Pac XII. Will his schemes work in the Big XII? Can he make the necessary adjustments and by that I mean OK. He coached lbs at WA I'm looking forward to what he thinks of Demarvion Overshown? Look forward to that collaboration.

Welcome to TX Pete Kwiatkowski and
HookemHorns

2016 Peach bowl 1st round of college football playoffs - His defense held the Bama offense to 17 pts. That was the offense with Lane Kiffin as OC. At the time Sark was an analyst for them.

Last edited:

Y'all laugh. But it's true. Them dudes love pork and fresh fish. We got the pork. But we don't have the fresh fish.

Are you trying to tell me that the catch of the day at Red Lobster wasn't actually caught that day?

Now wait a minute. Junior Angilou is a big ol' Polynesian boy from Utah. And they ain't known for having a lot of fresh fish 😂 And don't worry about Hawaii being to far away. I mean Tua went to AL.

Now wait a minute. Junior Angilou is a big ol' Polynesian boy from Utah. And they ain't known for having a lot of fresh fish 😂 And don't worry about Hawaii being to far away. I mean Tua went to AL.
Uh huh. And how much $$$$ did it cost to haul all that "fish" to Tuscaloosa?

Also WA and OR have tapped into the well of Polynesian talent that's here out west. Believe it isn't just big ol beefy lineman. And not just Tua how about Marcus Marriota? If coach Sarkisian can tap into that well of talent and bring some of it to Austin we'll better off for it.

But we have breakfast tacos and queso. Send em to Pappadeaux. They fly that fish in fresh every week. None of it is frozen. They may like the Cajun influence too.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Patrick Vahe wasn't any good. If our new ol coach is as good as we think he is maybe Junior Angilou will be the 4* talent we signed. And he played well the l last 2 games.

Tom Herman for all his issues assembled a good staff this last year. I believe that if Texas had the opportunity to have spring practice and a full slate of cupcake OOC Games this team would have been performing at a much higher level against TCU and ISU and possibly would have won those games.

With that said, This new staff is incredible (on paper). Flood has skins on the wall when it comes to developing talent. Same with Coach K on defense. Coach K in my opinion would have been a great hire as a head coach however i don't think he wants to be. I'm willing to bet once Washington fires their current coach they are going to offer the job to coach K.

I still have my doubts about Sark, but damn I love his assistants.

247 reporting that Texas OL Reese Moore has entered the transfer portal

ADVERTISEMENT