ADVERTISEMENT

Feb Recruiting and Portal movements

I wish Duece Vaughn would hit the Portal, Texas could really use his speed.>Herman forgot to look in Round Rock I guess...Texas will remember him next yr I guarantee ya!

Reactions: LonghornMM
Do we still have guys that were committed who didn’t sign early? Any prospects we are pushing to get to fill out the class?

Not sure if the Eric Grey kid from Tenn visiting has anything to do with LJ holding off, but I'm sure it's part of the worry he has. I don't think it's over with LJ Johnson just yet.

Not sure if the Eric Grey kid from Tenn visiting has anything to do with LJ holding off, but I'm sure it's part of the worry he has. I don't think it's over with LJ Johnson just yet.

I wonder if the cow college told him he could start as a freshman that could work in their favor and who is Eric Grey never heard of him.

I don't know if this has already been posted but we got another transfer this week a kid named Ovie Hghoufo. Hes coming from ND where he was a lb but he didn't start many games there. He's from a town in MI I think it's a Detroit suburb. Since he's coming from ND he won't join the ranks of our physical leisure majors.

Welcome to Austin, TX Ovie Hghoufo. I heard that ND was notorious for having ugly coeds it won't like that at Texas. And Ovie in Austin we say

HookemHorns

Last edited:
The portal is not only for players. Our recruiting coordinator, Bryan Carrington, looks to be headed to USC. I like Carrington's style and what he brought. He isn't gone yet, but I think it is a done deal.

How many guys are still in play for Texas for the 2021 cycle? I wish the Brockermeyer boys would request a release to come help bring their daddy’s school back to prominence.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
How many guys are still in play for Texas for the 2021 cycle? I wish the Brockermeyer boys would request a release to come help bring their daddy’s school back to prominence.
Let Saban beef them up then grab'm from the portal in a year or two.

Beyond LJ Johnson and David Abiara this is really not an impressive group. I haven't found any updates on Ishmael Ibraham hopefully he'll sign next week.

And don't ignore this other late signee Keithron Lee. From what I've read he could be an ideal fit in SS's offense.

An insider on Rivals just moved his pick for RB Johnson from aggy to us.
Also, DE Reese Leitao (sp) has supposedly left the team.

An insider on Rivals just moved his pick for RB Johnson from aggy to us.
Also, DE Reese Leitao (sp) has supposedly left the team.

He was our Einstein. He was supposed to be a neuroscience major. The team gpa will drop a couple of points because of this. Thanks a lot buddy.

He was our Einstein. He was supposed to be a neuroscience major. The team gpa will drop a couple of points because of this. Thanks a lot buddy.

We will take a class of 26-28 in 2022 and I would imagine 25-27 in 2023. I don't follow close enough to know for sure, but that is my feeling.

Anyone know how many schollies we have available for 2022 and 2023?

We will take a class of 26-28 in 2022 and I would imagine 25-27 in 2023. I don't follow close enough to know for sure, but that is my feeling.

Anyone know how many schollies we have available for 2022 and 2023?

I'm not sure about '22 or '23 but I know we have 9 scholarships available this year. Do transfers count towards scholarships?

Reactions: weevilcatch
OB is reporting that RB Johnson was on campus today and will be making his decision this Wednesday.
Optimism is good.

Reactions: EWNHorn
Well, it appears that RB Johnson is going to aggy afterall. Crystal balls changing to them.
Sounds like we made a quiet run at Cameron Wheaton, but has decided to stick to bama.

Also, there is speculation that Stan Drayton may be heading to the Eagles.

Well, it appears that RB Johnson is going to aggy afterall. Crystal balls changing to them.
Sounds like we made a quiet run at Cameron Wheaton, but has decided to stick to bama.

Also, there is speculation that Stan Drayton may be heading to the Eagles.

What does he want?

Girls? None better than the University of Texas.

Cars? No problem.

Well if we can't pay him how about a Lloyds of London policy for 3 years?

I've already talked about the night life differences between Austin and College Station.

I mean wth?

Josh Pate, who I haven't really known about until recently, gave his two cents about the transfer portal. He discusses the reality of change and beefing up personnel to take advantage of it. It is a pretty good perspective and worth the 8-minute watch.

ADVERTISEMENT