ADVERTISEMENT

Feb Recruiting and Portal movements

Well it's official Keithron Lee, David Abiara, and Ishmael Ibraheem have signed on the dotted line. It may take awhile to spell Ibraheem may have to call him II for awhile 😂.

Reactions: westx
So the cow college closes out a top 10 class signing a 5* rb. You know what this means they're breaking all the rules again. Sooner or later they'll be back on probation.

I saw it differently. Lj had a decision to make.

Would he rather certainly ride the pine for 2 yrs behind Bijan, or possibly 1 yr of riding pine behind Spiller (with a better O line).

I believe they have a stronger bench and think their o line will be better.
I certainly agree Texas has a much better o line coach. Still need some strong recruits though. I would bet in a couple of years Texas o line will be significantly better

I dunno Weevil....go to the main page here and read the 10 things or whatever it is from Ketch and he rates the aggy staff as better than OU or us....

I don't know about them having coaching staff than us or OK especially OK's offensive staff.

I don't know about them having a better ol than us. Did anyone notice Andrej' Karic and especially Jake Majors at center? And they're both true freshman. And I almost forgot Christian Jones another freshman.

You know a lot of this is fate. We talk about why it took so long to start Bijan Robinson well why did it take so long to start Jake Majors? Was it because they didn't want to bench a senior captain? Imo, here's where the fate comes in. Now against WV and ISU the ol was making some progress. But if you remember after Sam Cosmi quit on us Derek Kerstetter moved to rt and then he had that terrible injury. So CJ moved back to rt which is his natural position. And then Karic comes in at lt. And all of a sudden no more false starts and missed assignment's. And in the 3rdq we dropped 35 on KSU the best quarter
of the TH era. In fact in the last 2 games we scored 124 points and gained over 1200 yards. And the biggest reason was the new ol. And all of this came off of a devastating loss that sealed Coach Herman's fate but not before KSU and CO. And that's why I call it fate.

I just hope that I'm right. I'm sure Coach Flood saw better ol at AL but I hope he sees that Majors, Jones, and Karic have potential. You know now that I think about it maybe one of the reasons SS was hired was that he said he would have a better w/l record in year 1. Fwiw we finished 7/3 and ranked 19 th. Why shouldn't we be a lot better than last year? I doubt if we'll have a better ol than OK but I don't see why we won't have a better ol than the cow college. In year 1.

Like I said fate.

Last edited:
I don't know about them having coaching staff than us or OK especially OK's offensive staff.

I don't know about them having a better ol than us. Did anyone notice Andres' Kojic and especially Jake Majors at center? And they're both true freshman. And I almost forgot Christian Jones another freshman.

You know a lot of this is fate. We talk about why it took so long to start Bijan Robinson well why did it take so long to start Jake Majors? Was it because they didn't want to bench a senior captain? Imo, here's where the fate comes in. Now against WV and ISU the ol was making some progress. But if you remember after Sam Cosmi quit on us Derek Kerstetter moved to rt and then he had that terrible injury. So CJ moved back to rt which is his natural position. And then Kojic comes in at lt. And all of a sudden no more false starts and missed assignment's. And in the 3rdq we dropped 35 on KSU the best quarter
of the TH era. In fact in the last 2 games we scored 124 points and gained over 1200 yards. And the biggest reason was the new ol. And all of this came off of a devastating loss that sealed Coach Herman's firing but not before KSU and CO. And that's why I call it fate.

I just hope that I'm right. I'm sure Coach Flood saw better ol at AL but I hope he sees that Majors, Jones, and Karic have potential. You know now that I think about it maybe one of the reasons SS was hired was that he said he would have a better w/l record in year 1. Fwiw we finished 7/3 and ranked 19 th. Why shouldn't we be a lot better than last year? I doubt if we'll have a better ol than OK but I don't see why we won't have a better ol than the cow college.

Like I said fate.
These guys knew exactly what they were getting into and what Texas had and made the decision to come here because they know what they can do and what Texas can become...

Sark is focusing on the walk on program heavily, where diamonds in the rough do appear. Clay Matthew was a walk on at USC and then became a first round pick. If anyone watched the State Championship of the Dodge bowl and remember the players from the Westlake side such as the running back that broke for 75 yards and the DB that went up and did the one handed Odell grab. Michael Taaffe and Zane Minors will be walking on. Michael Taaffe was committed to Rice and Zane Minors was committed to Yale.

Other walk on's Flower Mound's Bert Auburn is arriving as a walk-on kicker. Quarterback Cole Lourd, a three-star recruit from California, will walk on as well.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Sark is focusing on the walk on program heavily, where diamonds in the rough do appear. Clay Matthew was a walk on at USC and then became a first round pick. If anyone watched the State Championship of the Dodge bowl and remember the players from the Westlake side such as the running back that broke for 75 yards and the DB that went up and did the one handed Odell grab. Michael Taaffe and Zane Minors will be walking on. Michael Taaffe was committed to Rice and Zane Minors was committed to Yale.

Other walk on's Flower Mound's Bert Auburn is arriving as a walk-on kicker. Quarterback Cole Lourd, a three-star recruit from California, will walk on as well.

Yale and Rice huh? Well at least the team gpa will improve. And you know for a guy who's a member of Mensa Tom Herman sure did recruit a lot of physical leisure majors.

A walk-on kicker huh? I was wondering if Erwin Von Archer that European boy from Mexico was any good. I saw that he's like 6'2" 165. Man the s&c team needs to get with that boy 24/7 and see if he's got anything. I hope we find out something about him this spring. I mean there's nothing on his bio. Did he even play fb? He has to be an interesting story.

And one last walk on question is that kid Jett Bush a grandson of George HW Bush?

Last edited:
From what I have seen the last weeks, my thoughts are Sark is modeling us after Bana, its the same set if I am correct, which is not a bad idea, sooner later we gonna be playing like them I hope...always winning, I am getting tire of losing....

One of the thing that Bama does that I hope we adapt is the 2 practice system. As many of you know, the NCAA has strict guidelines on the number of hours a team can practice. So how Saban gets around this rule is he holds two practices a day one for the starters and one for the 2's and 3's. Thus he maximizes the amount of coaching time he can give the non-starters. He works the assistants to death but as anyone can see when a starter goes down their backup is ready to step in.

The other thing I'm hoping we do is the 1's vs 1's and 2's vs 2's system. The only way we are going to get better all around is if we can start forcing the weak links of the team to perform at a higher level.

Looks like aggy got LJ Johnson

Well we might not have signed LJ Johnson but we did sign Jonathan Brooks. I'm anxious to see this kid. With LJJ deciding to go somewhere else and Keaontay Ingram opting to transfer he just might play this year. In a playoff game this year JB carried the ball 27x gained 501 yards and scored 9tds. In one game.

He gained 3,849 yards in 16 games this year. He scored 65 tds this year. People that's a lot of fng yards and tds. He got his team to the title game. He played defense and punted. Basically be played the whole game.

People will say he only played class 3A competition. I say so what? When I was school Billy Sims played in what is now 4A competition and a few years later came Eric Dickerson. Both guys were AA 1 guy won the Heisman and the other guy is in the HoF. Small school guys. A few years later came LaDainian Tomlinson and he ended up in HoF as well. LT came from the same classification as Jonathan Brooks so I'm not worried about him being from a small school. I hope he comes in with a chip on his shoulder and shows Texas fans hes better than LJ Johnson.

Brooks is not as good as LJ Johnson. He is a very good back but there is a reason he is ranked like he is. He could surprise people of course, but he is not on that level. He is not on Jordan Whittington's level either. We played against them both. The Big 12 IS better suited for him however.

Brooks is not as good as LJ Johnson. He is a very good back but there is a reason he is ranked like he is. He could surprise people of course, but he is not on that level. He is not on Jordan Whittington's level either. We played against them both. The Big 12 IS better suited for him however.

Sometimes a RB is able to play well above what his ability says he can play. Priest Holmes was a good player coming out of high school, and a good player in college, and he turns out to be a great NFL player. Priest wasn't the biggest or fastest guy but he was a great mixture of power and speed.

I see Brooks in much the same way, honestly we don't know what we have in Brooks because he played against some very bad competition. This also is the same thing they said about Bijan Robinson. It could go either way.

Opinions are like aholes....Haven’t seen LJ but did see Brooks in the State Championship game. Brooks has good balance kinda like Bijan. Things did come easier for him at the lower level.....we will see what kind of drive he has.

Reactions: outhereincali

They’re both 4 star recruits. LJ is typical of most recruits these days. They seek the path of least resistance. LJ was clearly intimidated by the idea of competing with Bijan and Brooks for playing time. Aggie can have him. I prefer players who aren’t afraid to compete.

Reactions: outhereincali
ADVERTISEMENT